French Grand Prix Set to Return to Formula One in 2018

I think you would be suprised how the circuit is in real life it's certainly flat built on a plateau and I am sure Bernie owning it has absolutely nothing to do with it. Being close to the wealthy Cote D Azur will of course be another factor that makes it marketable.

The circuit is used a test track and can be doused to simulate varying types of wet weather driving may be this is something they are considering as that would liven the GP up a bit.

The strange colour configiration are very functional and act as run offs instead of gravel traps and the like. Also part of the reason it makes a good test track.

The runoff surface consists of a mixture of asphalt and tungsten, used instead of gravel traps, as common at other circuits. The second area or Red Zone is more abrasive surface designed to maximize tyre grip and hence minimize braking distance, although at the this will dramatically increase tyre wear.

Guess you mean "public road".
Then... what about that... Bugatti version ? I believe that's the real name.
The one that MogoGP drivers are using.
Maybe it's too narrow and unsafe for those sky high F1 standards though. :p
But it's much better layout than both Magny course and especially Paul Ricard.
Bugatti is too small for formula one.
By the way i think that all french circuits are small today for formula one.

Bugatti_Circuit.svg
bugatti%20.jpg

Bugatti is too small for formula one.
By the way i think that all french circuits are small today for formula one.

Bugatti_Circuit.svg
bugatti%20.jpg
I believe Red Bull Ring is even smaller.
Or you mean "narrower" circuit. :geek:
Sorry I keep saying this "maybe you mean..." but... you just keep me guessing. :D

It is though not the same layout.

Bugatti 4,185 km
Red Bull Ring 4,326 km

Having Formula 1 on the big Le Mans would be something for sure.

Blancpain races here are usually pretty good. Plus driving the track in rF2 is pretty enjoyable. Plus it's in a holiday destination in the south of France, not too far from Monaco, which will please a lot of fans with wives and girlfriends too... ;)
Hope they can manage a back to back weekend here and Monaco as that would maximise fan attendance.

No more annoying than Silverstone is the current F1 that is boring ...
Each to his own I guess.
But, just out of curiosity... did you actually try to drive on Silverstone circuit, in any sim ?
Assetto Corsa is the best option in my opinion, since it has great physic and you don't need some mod track, it comes with the stock game.
I know that in whichever sim I drive it... it was quite-not-boring track.

Each to his own I guess.
But, just out of curiosity... did you actually try to drive on Silverstone circuit, in any sim ?
Assetto Corsa is the best option in my opinion, since it has great physic and you don't need some mod track, it comes with the stock game.
I know that in whichever sim I drive it... it was quite-not-boring track.

There is a difference from a spectator's perspective though. Monaco is a spectacular track to drive on, for example, but the racing is usually rubbish.

There is a difference from a spectator's perspective though. Monaco is a spectacular track to drive on, for example, but the racing is usually rubbish.
Well, yeah.
I agree. I just though... probably that's racer in me :D - that he was speaking from the driver point of view but guess it's more probable that he was thinking at viewers point. My mistake. :)
Actually... when you think about it... there's even third point of view. Viewers but those on actual track. Guess track could be boring from two points, like racing and TV point but quite fun to actually being there. Monaco may be good example. Some say, at least some time ago that, for example, Jerez is not that fun place to be. But interesting layout to drive and had many fierce battles, which you can't miss if you're in front of you tv.

It's not about your Entertainment, or Enjoyment. Its all about Money and Politics in F1. France wants a piece of the pie, and Bernie likes to line his pockets with gold.

Oh how I hate that track. The stripes damn near give me seizures. Plus you can never tell were the cars are in a camera shot due to no elevation changes or grandstands as landmarks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back