Freetrack an Opentack sim racing settings

Guy's

Just got myself a Trackhat wireless cap an looking for some settings for sim racing. All I've found so far is mostly for flight sims, I know most of you have moved on to VR so any chance of you recalling some configs?

There is a forum on TrackHat.org but it's a ghost town an Track IR being most common used. So far the only sim that kinda works is AC,, no joy with anything else but have seen videos with it being used.

VR is not ready for me just yet so giving this a go.

I used TIR for a while when driving Race07. I only used left/right, no vertical, possibly a little, it was a long time ago. The only trouble I had with it was when a race started on a banked surface, like Daytona. Ultimately I found no use for it in driving, still great in Falcon or BoB!

Upvote 0
RMA on the TrackHat , good in concept but very sensitive to light with the PS3 camera. Have a window behind me could have be causing issues, a bit of a pain to config as well. EDtracker looks better setup but decided to wait on VR developments for a glasses wearer

Upvote 0
Here is my setting file for AC for what it is worth. I use the ARUCO tracker and have a FOV of 39°. These affect the settings but these settings could give you a base which you can then change according to your likings. My requirement was to let me look into the tight corners a bit better so I have not much roll or pitch and next to none or no front and back or side to side mouvements. Anyway, hope it helps.

Attachments

• AssettoCorsa v00.ini
    2.4 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
Here is my setting file for AC for what it is worth. I use the ARUCO tracker and have a FOV of 39°. These affect the settings but these settings could give you a base which you can then change according to your likings. My requirement was to let me look into the tight corners a bit better so I have not much roll or pitch and next to none or no front and back or side to side mouvements. Anyway, hope it helps.
Not meaning to hijak the thread, but how do you have Aruco tracker set up? is it just a big printed symbol stuck on the front of a cap? Can any webcam be used? and how smooth, consistent is it?
I use an IR headtracker but the wire is driving me nuts :S

Upvote 0
The Aruco tracker is, as you say, just a big printed symbol (mine is 125 x 125 mm) which I fixed to a home made head band. I have a cheap logitech webcam that runs at only 30Hz (they say it should be 60). The lighting is important. It doesn't need to be strong but needs to correctly light up the Aruco symbol at all times. I put a light just behind me that points at the white ceiling and it reflects back down. That way it runs runs smoothly and consistently.
Before that I had tried face tracking but couldn't get it to work satisfactory at all

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back