Fraud warning for users of OEM products containing BODNAR products

Hi guys,

Look what leo bodnar has posted these days...

Source:
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/

We are proud to have served thousands of companies and individuals worldwide with the best hardware we can produce.
Unfortunately several of our former customers have chosen to obtain our products through fraud.
Please be aware that if you have purchased a product incorporating illegally obtained components you may be inadvertently engaged in criminal activity (handling stolen goods.)
We suggest that you should exercise extreme caution when dealing with potentially affected end products.

Affected end products:
Roso F1 steering wheels with SLI-Pro displays
by Željko Roso, Split, Croatia
www.zroso.com

CST USA Pedals using BU0836-LC Controllers
by Todd Cannon, USA
www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com

Simracing components with SLI-Pro displays S/N B21413 and B21460 by Philip Antoon, Sydney, Australia

Stil dunno what happened.. did they order loads and never payed?
Or did the order the goods at the same manufacturer Leo has his products produced, than delivered trough the backdoor?
Quite commonly done in China factories, with many products.

Upvote 0
We're not told the history but if the situation is that 'former customers' have perhaps made their own boards then that's a dispute between Leo and the company/person concerned. A buyer would not be "handling stolen goods" if he purchased one of these products.

If the boards had been supplied to order but not paid for then that's still a commercial dispute between Leo and the company/person concerned, to which Leo would have the normal legal redress. I would assume the quantities in this case would be limited. As above, the buyer would not be "handling stolen goods".

With regard to Todd Cannon I know that they used to work very closely together. Perhaps Leo produced a board to fit Todd's specification, in which case who owns the copyright to that board would be dictated by the contract between them. Again something that we simply don't know the details of. Perhaps more of Leo's 'customers' are in the same position ?

Just my thoughts but for his own good perhaps Leo ought to be a little careful about what he puts on his web site.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what is going on here but I can say that I am not feeling comfortable having such posts here on the forum.

If something went wrong or customers didn't pay: go to the police and file a complaint. There are better ways than to name and shame.

Feels a bit like a huge victim sympathy announcement to me now. Not good and those involved should be the one to solve it.

Another chapter of the sim racing community book I didn't want to read really.

Upvote 0
This shouldn't be posted on a public forum
Personally I'd delete it from here as the companies named may have grounds to mention RD in any forthcoming action if a lible case were to result from such a public notice.

Upvote 0
Content that is false, harassing, or offensive is not permitted at our site. Our staff will remove these items as soon as possible and will take appropriate actions against the poster.
Taken from our Terms and Rules every user agrees to when signing up for this community. We will remove it when content posted is false but its not us being responsible for the content that users post, but the user (in this case the thread starter). Affected parties can contact us with proof and we will send it to Simberia it right away.

There seems to be a common misconception about sites being responsible for libel, otherwise sites like Facebook and Twitter would be sued for libel all day for the stream of crap that some people are posting there.

People are always responsible for what they post on the internet.

But regardless the rules or terms this should have not been posted here I agree. Its a private business matter which those involved should solve and in case they can't should take legal actions first. No clue why the OP posted this other then trying to stir things up.

Naming and shaming is only the final resort and not a very professional one imo.

Upvote 0
I don´t mind. I think everyone is intelligent enough to not jump to conclusions regarding Zrozo and Todd or even Leo.

I´m actually very interested to see where this goes

Fraud... if true then it´s probably big orders never paid.

Upvote 0
Copy form Leo's post on the iRacing forum :)

"Gentlemen,

This has nothing to do with copying products, etc. This would have been silly.

These people have simply obtained my existing products on an agreement that they will be paid for and then when time came to pay just refused to do so. The fact that Roso started using a competing product is irrelevant.

It makes me so sad when you spend years in time and effort helping people set up successful business and in the end they just run away with your cash. So much for "community."

Thanks
Leo"

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back