Framerates in EVO

Hello all. I have a preety substantial system, (AMD Phenom X4 at 3.0GHz, 4GB DDR3 at 1066MHz, and a ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5) but the most FPS I see in EVO is 60.

Sometimes I see it drop to around 50 if alot cars are around, but I guess thats understandable. But someting I don't quite get is, I have Visual settings on Medium, but on some tracks, the scenery will sometimes stutter for a bit. While concentrating on my car, as the scenery moves, I catch it in the corner of my eye and its rather annoying.

The monitor (yes, only 1 :frown:) is an old Hanns-G HW191D, and its done the job for three years now, but would upgrading to a newer monitor, something with a HDMI input, (I currently use a HDMI to DVI cable setup) would this help framerates, as obviously the monitor woud have a better refresh rate.

If you have any knowledge or advice on this subject, I would love to hear every detail of it.

Thanks for your time.

The monitor (yes, only 1 :frown:) is an old Hanns-G HW191D, and its done the job for three years now, but would upgrading to a newer monitor, something with a HDMI input, (I currently use a HDMI to DVI cable setup) would this help framerates, as obviously the monitor woud have a better refresh rate.

Thanks for your time.

Sound like vsyc like peter said.

But as for a new screen it wont improve your fps if any it will lower it cuase of the higher resolution (although 5850 can run pretty high resolution and not loose much fps). As for better refresh rate unless you go for a "special" lcd screen they all run 60-75hz anyways only ones that go higher are those 3D ones (120hz) and a few 200hz ones wich has no real merrit tbh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back