FPS issue - please help :) - solid 60fps, but like slideshow?

Alex Ball

Web Nerd
Hey chaps. Hope you can help.

I have a weird issue with RF1, and I hope someone here can help.

I get a solid 60fps, but when running a race, I get a weird issue where the race is like a 4-fps slideshow. It's really weird, the game and fraps both report 60-62fps, but the game doesnt run smoothly at all.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

thanks

I've got 3 x 22inch monitors on 2 ATI HD5750s, AMD Quad 960T 3Ghz, 8GB RAM, and irFactor runs at max, so you should be able to get it working well. I suggest trying it in single screen first to confirm if it is an SLI problem.

Currently playing Enduracers mod, but it happens in all (well, most) mods, on all all tracks.

Specs:
Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz
16gb Ram
2x 580 GTX in SLI
3 23" screens @ 5760x1080

I have the same CPU, and a single much worse CPU(GTX 550 Ti), with only 8GB RAM, so the only thing I think it could be is multiple screens or SLI...

Have you tried it on a single GPU yet?

Must be frustrating as hell but stick with it mate. Cant really offer much tech advice since my setup is modest in comparison, suprised the 7970 isn't running it too well though. Clean install of windows perhaps?

It runs newer games great, and _any_ non-sim racing games perfectly. Sim racing games are all just shitty it seems. rFactor, rFactor2 Beta and pCARS are all crap on 3 screens, and when I try just one pCARS is fine and solid 60fps vsync'd, but rF1 has gone back to jerking (although nothing like as bad as with SLI) and rF2 is 20-50fps.

Ergh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back