FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 to Headline Project Scorpio Release Catalogue

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsort 7.jpg

It has been confirmed that the next Forza Motorsport game will be a headline release title for Microsoft's next generation "Project Scorpio" gaming machine.

With Turn 10 having dominated the console racing marketplace for a number of years now, recently revealing the franchise has amassed an incredible $1 billion in retail sales with over 14 million unique users accessing the game to make it the most successful motorsports racing game franchise of all time, Microsoft have recently revealed the latest edition of the series will receive the distinction of becoming a "headline title" for Project Scorpio (the working title of Microsoft's Xbox One replacing console), due to be announced "in the next few weeks".

The new game looks set to continue Forza's tradition of stunning graphics, with Windows Central having confirmed the game already "looks utterly stunning, and will showcase just what the console is capable of". Project Scorpio and Forza 7 are due to run in true 4k resolution, utilising Project Scorpio's six-teraflops (TF), True-4K capabilities in a way that is designed to draw in yet more fans of the series and those interested in first class graphics. Alongside Forza Motorsport 7, it has been confirmed that Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 will also feature heavily in the new consoles' launch package of games.

Unfortunately very little is still known about what exactly Forza Motorsport 7 will include come launch day, however with confirmation now received that the game will feature as part of release day content for Scorpio (rumoured to be released "during the holiday season of 2017" - that's Christmas for us Europeans), we at least now know development is well underway with the game and a 2017 release is highly likely.

Although not yet official confirmed, it is considered exceptionally likely that both PC and Xbox One owners will be receiving a release around the same sort of time as the game comes to Project Scorpio, meaning Forza 7 will be the first fully fledged Forza game available on Windows PC, a daunting proposition for the developers as they go into direct competition with formidable opponents in the form of Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom Racing Experience and Automobilista amongst other top quality racing games.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news on Forza 7 as and when it becomes available...

Forza Motorsport 7 will be the latest release of the Forza Motorsport racing franchise and is expected to release towards the end of 2017 for Xbox One, Project Scorpio and Windows 10 PC.

If you want to hang loose with your fellow Forza Motorsport fans and catch all the latest news about the upcoming release, then head over to our Forza Motorsport Series sub forum, where we cover all the games from Forza 4 all the way through to the latest addition to the series. Come on over, get involved and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to trying Forza 7? Do you think Turn 10 can crack the racing market on PC and console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Forza 3 was not so bad, Forza 4 was brilliant, Forza 5 was a cause of my giving up with Xbox One. I don't know Forza 6, but maybe it is a time for Forza 7? Naaaah... Of course if RD will say "buy it!", I will. :) ;)

Added options in FH3 for force feedback was a good sign that Turn10 finally has understood those big problems which Forza-series had had in wheel feel and adjustment. In Fanatec site Thomas has said that there's "wheel guy" now in Turn10 and Fanatec has made co operation with them. Especially in XOne's side where you cannot use fully Fanatec wheel's own tuning menu due MS's strange approach for forces, it's really important that you can at least in game set those things(wheel weight, damper etc).

Of course fov-problems, especially that idiotic "way too backwards" cockpit view has been at least as big problem, so hopefully it will be sorted too. If not free adjustment for view/seat, at least fixed options like in GT-serie or dashboard view like in Assetto.

Edit. In physics side there's also few very important things which has to be addressed, mainly in tyre physics, how cars behave when in slide etc.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd agree with that. I could live with simplified physics and limited setup options and stuff if the FFB was good and if I could run a decent length race with 24 cars (or more) and the AI was good.

Driving silly cars on fake tracks with a banging soundtrack for 3 laps against 12 kamikaze AI does precisely nothing for me personally, but then again it's each to their own I suppose :)

Oh pCars:rolleyes:

:roflmao::whistling:

This game will be funny for sure but since my g27 is not compatible with new consoles...I'm done with racing in them:(

Edit. In physics side there's also few very important things which has to be addressed, mainly in tyre physics, how cars behave when in slide etc.
I don't wanna praise Forza's tire physics, but I think they are almost a strong point compared to other physics areas (suspensions don't have geometry modeled and even made-up spring rate values, aero and turbo modeling follow some general formula and not a look-up table with manufacturer data, there is tons more).
Let's forget about the differences from treaded to slick tires for a moment, the sliding doesn't look all that wrong in replays, the problem is that you can't feel it in the FFB and thus react to in all the wrong ways (because of that ridiculously overdone "understeer->less force" effect they have in there).

The tire slip limit has a too harsh edge, but that was true for iRacing too for a long time. With good FFB that issue wouldn't be much of a problem, that's why the pad players don't complain, they have some stick-aids that help with that.

I don't know about this. Since leaving the console racing behind and still so spoilt on PC for racing titles with full wheel and pedals support its incredibly hard to even be slightly interested in this.
Yeah, it may look amazing, but if the immersion and feel of the title isn't as real as other offerings it will be left sitting on the hard drive not doing anything.
For me I'm loving AMS, rF2 and R3E so much lately and, yes, they do indeed look dated against PCars or AC but it really doesn't matter. I find the driving and racing on the limit so much more engaging with these proper sims.

Forza can look like real life and if it doesn't feel right then it won't be anywhere close to the others mentioned for me.

Apex has already warned me so I'm not considering a purchase in the slightest. Will have to be a full functioning demo before I'll part with my hard-earned.

• Deleted member 197115

I wonder if it will support OSW on PC .
Hope dies last but by a total lack of interest to add support for this or separate controllers in FH3, I doubt it will happen.
UWP thing, the drivers must be specifically written for that platform and as it should be console compatible, generic DirectX drivers don't cut.

You are complaining about optimisation, download the horizon 3 demo(provided internet speeds and caps etc arent a problem) horizon 3 is currently the most optimised version of their engine(just stay out of the city) so it will give you the best idea of whether they can optimise for your system properly or if apex is a one off incident. cant hurt to test

Well , I downloaded Horizon 3 demo this morning and it doesn't do any better either. I let it setup the game and all I did was change the resolution to 1920x1080 then I tried to set my wheel up and it don't work right either. I have a Logitec G25

Currently you can add any wheel to FH3/Apex as long as the wheel set is using one USB port. If you want your wheel to be supported, please visit this link: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...for-DFGT--DFP--G29-and-Shifter--F430-etc.aspx and contact me in support chat.

If your wheel is already supported through my app, it takes two button clicks to enable it. You do not have to run my app in background, once you enable it , you can safely delete it and will only need to reenable after reinstalling your PC. Of course you can disable support for your wheel any time you want, should you wish to do so.

I'm also working on a solution which would allow using multiple devices, but unlike the current approach, it requires device emulation.

• Deleted member 197115

Currently you can add any wheel to FH3/Apex as long as the wheel set is using one USB port. If you want your wheel to be supported, please visit this link: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...for-DFGT--DFP--G29-and-Shifter--F430-etc.aspx and contact me in support chat.

If your wheel is already supported through my app, it takes two button clicks to enable it. You do not have to run my app in background, once you enable it , you can safely delete it and will only need to reenable after reinstalling your PC. Of course you can disable support for your wheel any time you want, should you wish to do so.

I'm also working on a solution which would allow using multiple devices, but unlike the current approach, it requires device emulation.
Great effort, but for DD wheels to work wheel emulation is not enough, need support for multiple devices as well as they don't come as all in one device with pedals and sifters.
Typical setup:
- DD wheel (OSW, AF, Leo Bodnar)
- Separate pedals
- Wheel button box with paddles
- Separate shifter or shifters for H and SS
- Handbrake

That's 5-6 individual controllers on separate USB ports.

My biggest gripe in F6's tire physics/Xbox one has been all the time that "neverending slide", or that's how I call it. You drive with some car and then when car breaks in the slide it just goes and goes, you don't regain grip as you should, And that has annoyed me the most. This mainly with controller.

F5 was better in this, F4 even better. When talking about driving with controller, Turn10 should improve straight line driving feel, there should be some kind vibrations in all situations so you "feel" car, not only when you drive in bumb/brake/or do some greater movement. On wheel side everyone know ffb-feel problems so I don't put about them.

Great effort, but for DD wheels to work wheel emulation is not enough, need support for multiple devices as well as they don't come as all in one device with pedals and sifters.
Typical setup:
- DD wheel (OSW, AF, Leo Bodnar)
- Separate pedals
- Wheel button box with paddles
- Separate shifter or shifters for H and SS
- Handbrake

That's 5-6 individual controllers on separate USB ports.

Joining 5 or 6 individual controllers in one single emulated device is very easy. The only problem i'm facing now is communicating FFB data back to the physical wheel. Everything else is working.

It's time that GT came to PC too, they would still be in direct competition with the microsoft store through steam. I dont know if GT is much of a console seller anyhow but i would be intersted if it came to PC. I have always prefered it to forza.

Fanatec + Forza Motorsports

On the 360 generation with a Porsche GT2 wheel from Fanatec, it was miles ahead of Logitech and Gran Turismo, and significantly more approachable than anything on PC at the time.

Here's hoping that they can return to the glory days of console racing

Forza 7 for the new Scorpio will at least mean they have to make it work properly but the consul gamers demands and those of most PC gamers (more specifically SIM racers) are quite different.

I suspect this means they won't release simultaneously on PC but the faint possibility is with this Windows 10 BS the play on any device thing might mean they are forced too.

Trouble is it will be optimised for a consul so will probably seem a poor port when run on a PC rather than those made for PC and then produced for consul.

Won't be high on my Christmas list but then again never really understood why a consul game written on a PC is so dumbed down when actually played on one.

When you apply Creator's update, the implementation of HID devices (such as wheels) for UWP apps is completely changed than how it was before. I already figured out everything. The good news is that after the update Forza now correctly recognises vJoy, which in turn means that we can now report unlimited amount of devices as a single wheel to Forza. That means that for everyone who wasn't able to use their H-Shifter, handbrake or pedals before, now it is possible. Check my thread at forums.forzamotorsport.net often as I will start adding support for multiple device scenarios.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%