FM7 Forza Motorsport 7 to Headline Project Scorpio Release Catalogue

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsort 7.jpg

It has been confirmed that the next Forza Motorsport game will be a headline release title for Microsoft's next generation "Project Scorpio" gaming machine.

With Turn 10 having dominated the console racing marketplace for a number of years now, recently revealing the franchise has amassed an incredible $1 billion in retail sales with over 14 million unique users accessing the game to make it the most successful motorsports racing game franchise of all time, Microsoft have recently revealed the latest edition of the series will receive the distinction of becoming a "headline title" for Project Scorpio (the working title of Microsoft's Xbox One replacing console), due to be announced "in the next few weeks".

The new game looks set to continue Forza's tradition of stunning graphics, with Windows Central having confirmed the game already "looks utterly stunning, and will showcase just what the console is capable of". Project Scorpio and Forza 7 are due to run in true 4k resolution, utilising Project Scorpio's six-teraflops (TF), True-4K capabilities in a way that is designed to draw in yet more fans of the series and those interested in first class graphics. Alongside Forza Motorsport 7, it has been confirmed that Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 will also feature heavily in the new consoles' launch package of games.

Unfortunately very little is still known about what exactly Forza Motorsport 7 will include come launch day, however with confirmation now received that the game will feature as part of release day content for Scorpio (rumoured to be released "during the holiday season of 2017" - that's Christmas for us Europeans), we at least now know development is well underway with the game and a 2017 release is highly likely.

Although not yet official confirmed, it is considered exceptionally likely that both PC and Xbox One owners will be receiving a release around the same sort of time as the game comes to Project Scorpio, meaning Forza 7 will be the first fully fledged Forza game available on Windows PC, a daunting proposition for the developers as they go into direct competition with formidable opponents in the form of Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, rFactor 2, RaceRoom Racing Experience and Automobilista amongst other top quality racing games.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news on Forza 7 as and when it becomes available...

Forza Motorsport 7 will be the latest release of the Forza Motorsport racing franchise and is expected to release towards the end of 2017 for Xbox One, Project Scorpio and Windows 10 PC.

If you want to hang loose with your fellow Forza Motorsport fans and catch all the latest news about the upcoming release, then head over to our Forza Motorsport Series sub forum, where we cover all the games from Forza 4 all the way through to the latest addition to the series. Come on over, get involved and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to trying Forza 7? Do you think Turn 10 can crack the racing market on PC and console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying Forza 7?
Looking forward would be an exaggeration, but slightly interested for sure. I'll have a look at it when they release a demo, and if - only if - the FFB is on a decent level i might have a look at it for racing against AI when too tired for club racing, and collecting of great visually stunning (street) cars. If the FFB is anywhere close to Forza Apex, it will be a pass.

Do you think Turn 10 can crack the racing market on PC and console?
Definitely, they'll 100% sell more copies then AC, R3E etc. It's a game for the masses.
If it's interesting for me, and probably the majority here in RD, is a completely different story however.

If it's interesting for me, and probably the majority here in RD, is a completely different story however.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I could live with simplified physics and limited setup options and stuff if the FFB was good and if I could run a decent length race with 24 cars (or more) and the AI was good.

It could be a nice distraction from the more serious end of the spectrum if they had a decent focus on realistic racing, albeit with less of the hardcore appeal.

Driving silly cars on fake tracks with a banging soundtrack for 3 laps against 12 kamikaze AI does precisely nothing for me personally, but then again it's each to their own I suppose :)

Unless it's botched like FH3 was on PC on release, I ain't buying.

FH3 improved a lot over the months since the release. It's very stable and smooth for most players now. So, even if they botch the release, you can most certainly be sure Turn 10 will address the issues with a steady flow of patches.

And if they don't do a good porting job/support, it'll be damn shame. Since the Forza kind of game (car collector with somewhat realistic physics) has been lacking in the PC scene since forever.

I realize few titles deserve a second or third look, and this may be one. But after a while I need more proof than; man it looks good, or, look at all the cars they offer and wow what a variety of tracks. Its time for the drive/race ability of these titles to match the fancy software cover (or online store jpeg). I am gonna keep my money in the pocket for the time being on this and a couple of the others until there is more proof and less of the hyperbole.

How about some good FFB with correct degree of rotation and steering ratio for all cars, correct caster and kingpin for some self-aligning torque based FFB instead of this canned effect BS. FoV adjustment and seat position.

Just that and I could love Forza again, I think without that I'm not buying this time for the first time (well, not counting Forza 1, didn't have an original Xbox).

Ha, so even successful consoles have a lifespan of 3-4 years now? That's a shame.
the Ps4 & Xbone generation was the first generation to not have "state of the art" processing power. the 360 and ps3 were formidable machines then they arrived as were ps2, jaguar etc etc. I think the tiered system is pretty good, the NDS showed that it can work and you can slowly phase the older ones out. People complained about the PS4 PRO but its still very successful so a shorter life span can make a lot of sense, it also defends the consoles from the looming pc threat.

Eg Nier automata sales(platinum reported this)

- Steam - 218,684 copies
- PS4 - 198,542 copies

They want to stop this becoming a norm. Microsoft are following Sony so Scorpio. The specs make me think of a RX 480 or gtx1060.

Either way pc gamers benefit, its an excuse for devs to raise the bars and raise the minimum benchmark

Forza apex has never run right on my computer and yes I have a new Alienware 51. They have been ask in forums to make it run better and pc users have been ignored. I have never had any kind of reply from them. I'm not going to spend more money on yet another tower for there game. All my other sim games run flawless. they have a lot to prove before I buy it and I'm sure that there's more that feels this way. Great looking game but just don"t run right. Sorry

I'm looking forward to see what they actually deliver with this release. With AC out plus PC2 and GT Sport on their way; Forza finally has some competition on the console now. Incremental improvements to the graphics, with a few additional tracks/cars and a gimmick like underwater racing just isn't going to cut it.

Forza apex has never run right on my computer and yes I have a new Alienware 51. They have been ask in forums to make it run better and pc users have been ignored. I have never had any kind of reply from them. I'm not going to spend more money on yet another tower for there game. All my other sim games run flawless. they have a lot to prove before I buy it and I'm sure that there's more that feels this way. Great looking game but just don"t run right. Sorry
saying you have an area 51 doesnt say much that could be anything from a rather horrid RX460 to dual gtx1080s. Not going to get into bang for buck of it but as I can max it with a GTX 1060 consistently over 60fps means you have an rx460 or something in that area its not the game that needs optimizing because its fine in that area you just have a weak graphics card.

saying you have an area 51 doesnt say much that could be anything from a rather horrid RX460 to dual gtx1080s. Not going to get into bang for buck of it but as I can max it with a GTX 1060 consistently over 60fps means you have an rx460 or something in that area its not the game that needs optimizing because its fine in that area you just have a weak graphics card.
I have a GTX 980 ti

That is certainly very odd then. If can max it with a weaker gpu and cpu then you are right theres an optimization issue, how is horizon 3, they spent more time optimising that one as money is involved, i believe they released a demo for it.
I never tried horizon 3 , It's arcade. My son had the demo on his xbox 1 so I never had it on the pc. We have three Alienware computers

I never tried horizon 3 , It's arcade. My son had the demo on his xbox 1 so I never had it on the pc. We have three Alienware computers
You are complaining about optimisation, download the horizon 3 demo(provided internet speeds and caps etc arent a problem) horizon 3 is currently the most optimised version of their engine(just stay out of the city) so it will give you the best idea of whether they can optimise for your system properly or if apex is a one off incident. cant hurt to test

Not looking forward to trying Forza 7 but I might try a demo if I read good comments on how it feels in regards to physic and FFB on PC, as long as it works well in VR.
Meanwhile I will keep on enjoying AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back