FM7 Forza 7 VS Assetto

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
I have been playing both games and I feel there is a big difference in the simulation of the games. I wanted to know which one do you think feels more realistic?
What other sim do you recommend?

Last edited:
I have been playing both games and I feel there is a big difference in the simulation of the games. I wanted to know which one do you think feels more realistic?
What other sim do you recommend?
Enjoy both, but IMO Assetto Corsa is more realistic. I would also recommend Automobilista 2. Has good graphics, physics, force feedback, and unique cars and tracks you won't find in most racing sims.

There is no comparison. Assetto is far better. Its FFB is more precise. Try Assetto RSS F1 car and then a mini. Goto Forza and you will notice that all the cars have the same FFB with difference in Pace only. The differences just aren't there. The F1 cars are dreadful and why did they even bother with the formula E carrs? And regardless of what car i am using they all want to skid round the corner. That back end does not care which car you are driving. Wheel rotation is horrible. Then there is tyre models. None existent in forza. Although Forza looks nice under close scrutiny its seems to be clouded by a filter that only masks its flaws. Maybe i am wrong. But console generally do this. Assetto just feels so much better. I can't deny i am using a direct drive on both games and both are fun. Forza has a much better career experience that makes you want to continue. With Assetto you have to put much more work into it. And that is probably why it is not as popular.

There is no comparison. Assetto is far better. Its FFB is more precise. Try Assetto RSS F1 car and then a mini. Goto Forza and you will notice that all the cars have the same FFB with difference in Pace only. The differences just aren't there. The F1 cars are dreadful and why did they even bother with the formula E carrs? And regardless of what car i am using they all want to skid round the corner. That back end does not care which car you are driving. Wheel rotation is horrible. Then there is tyre models. None existent in forza. Although Forza looks nice under close scrutiny its seems to be clouded by a filter that only masks its flaws. Maybe i am wrong. But console generally do this. Assetto just feels so much better. I can't deny i am using a direct drive on both games and both are fun. Forza has a much better career experience that makes you want to continue. With Assetto you have to put much more work into it. And that is probably why it is not as popular.

I did try the Mini in Assetto and then in Forza. There is a huge difference. I like Forza a lot, just like the other have said the journey in single player is really nice and fun but Asetto is by far the place when I want to know how fast I can lap Monza for example.

I am trying AssettoCorsa Competizione this weekend.

I did try the Mini in Assetto and then in Forza. There is a huge difference. I like Forza a lot, just like the other have said the journey in single player is really nice and fun but Asetto is by far the place when I want to know how fast I can lap Monza for example.

I am trying AssettoCorsa Competizione this weekend.
If you try, be willing to buy. This is how I was roped into ACC, and now I have more hours on it than any other sim, and I have never even played the "campaign". Just single races and hotlapping. With that said Automobilista 2 is also a fantastic sim, and the Mini in that one is a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I'll chime in here on the Forza physics part.

Since Forza 4 when the game got a big jump in cars from previous title and onwards, the car amount increases a lot. Forza 3 had 350 cars, Forza 4 had 450 cars. Thats 100 cars in 2 years which was the difference of the 2 titles. That equals a development time of 6 days for each car in a year of only 1 dude would make it. Of course there's more people and its a huge studio, but thats irrelevant.

The thing is, once there was an excel spread sheet posted from one of the developers on youtube which got taken down, which showed how they make the physics fast in the game. Its through a spreadsheet with an algorythm that determins the physics for the cars. They plot in the HP, weight and some other parameters which gives the car physics X, and then they give some cars a little bit of fine tuning. Thats how the dull physics get created. Every car is just a box/object of mass in Forza that only has difference in acceleration, braking, weight and rotation speed. All the cars have the same type of understeer, and same type of oversteer. Only difference is how fast or slow it happens, and at how big angle will be achieved. All the cars have the same characteristics on entry of slide, middle and exit. The difference is just the speed and how much and how long. Thats why its just some physics boxes with high acceleration, some with good handling etc. And this is why the cars are so easy and dull to drive. Sure its fun and delivers some sort of racing and adrenalin, but thats why AC and other sims on PC have cars with a more rich experience. Well anyway, the developer showed the sheet and how it all worked out, how they made physics, and how they were able to make physics for 920349042390 cars in a very small time. Thats why Forza will never be a sim, its just a game with loads of cars and an excel spreadsheet that determins how fast some cars accelerate, brake and how fast they rotate (what type of weight). Thats why its played by so many people, it becomes available to a big audience this way. The excel spreadsheet has more parameters it determines the physics for now in later time of course, with more powerful consoles, but its the same thing and thats how you create "physics" for 200 cars in a year by a medium/small team for this task.

Didn't know that about Forza. Although it make sense to a big studio to focus more in the player experience rather than the simulation. Specially when the game is more like an arcade kid of game. Changing gears I played Assetto Corza Competizione and I loved it, the whole experience is a 10/10 for me. Also played Project Cars 2 a little bit and although the sim is not the best for my taste it is really fun to play.

I bounce back and forth between them all, I suspect a lot of us do. I actually appreciate well done career progression more than cutting edge physics. Perhaps one day a sim will come along feeling like rFactor 2 and progressing like gran turismo 4? Who knows, as far as the ops vs. question Assetto Corsa overall is much better.
Kunos could copy/paste the physics into Assetto Corsa 2, really upgrade the career experience and I'd be quite happy.

ACC? I love driving it but Unreal engine still looks like **** during the day, to the point I can only do one race and have to move on. (i5-8400/2060 Super)

I wanted to know which one do you think feels more realistic?

Assuming you are only asking about FFB and physic, AC is closer to how a real car and different model reacts IRL.
That said, FFB and physic is just one (important) aspect of what makes a simulator/racing game realistic.
Graphics, Sound, Content, game play like career, championship, etc....
Also to consider is the fun factor.
FM7 can be a lot of fun, once the FFB is set, it works well, physic is predictable if lacking sophistication, but the whole experience can be rewarding.
Enjoy both, at this point in time, sim and racing games are nowhere remotely close to what can be experienced driving real car, so even though sim are closer, drive what you enjoy.
Pro tip with FM7, it works very well with tactile, as well as with any other sim title and it brings a very interesting level of immersion and feeling of being there.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back