• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Forza 7 PC issues

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by ApexMaster31, Mar 26, 2019.

1. ApexMaster31

ApexMaster31

Ratings:
    +5
    I wanted to give Forza Motorsports 7 a go on my PC before I buy it. I DL the demo from windows store. I launch the game, I get a forza 7 logo, and then a thinking circle on bottom right. then it quits. I have tried over 10 times, same thing. Game would not load? any tip on fixing this? if I were to buy this game would it work? I have issues with any other sims/games. I run daily, Iracing, PC2, Asseto Corsa Comp. Dirt Rally 2.

2. SRC Brian

SRC Brian
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Do your self a favour and don't buy it.

3. andycolh

andycolh

Ratings:
    +17
    Uinstall antivirus and test

4. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    @ApexMaster31 did you ever get this to work I'm having the very same problem, I've turned off all my antivirus etc and still it refuses to load :(
    Sometimes I get to the turn 10 logo other times I get to the thinking circle.

5. andycolh

andycolh

Ratings:
    +17
    Did you uinstall or turn off? Not the same thing

6. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    No I turned it of, but surely a game made for windows 10 would not expect you to uninstall its own security as I'm using windows 10's own built in virus & threat security !!

7. andycolh

andycolh

Ratings:
    +17
    Ok. I was using avast and that didnt work

8. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +303
    The game itself is a ton of fun if you can get passed the inability to adjust fov, or even your seat for that matter.
    The default view in cockpit is acceptable I guess.
    The biggest issue I have is after 30 minutes of play, you start getting these annoying stutters and frame drops.
    I had recently purchased an Xbox one X to run 4K in red dead, fired up Forza 7 and my god it's beautiful and silky smooth.
    So much for PC optimization but luckily the Fanatec CSL base I have works with xbox so I just run it there now.

9. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +238
    I assume you have EVGA precision running for FPS/CPU and GPU loads.

Quit it running and it will work

10. Danny O'Neill

Danny O'Neill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    @thepharcyde I assume you mean me :) I had EVGA running but uninstalled it and still the game wont load.
    So I've give up on it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019 at 02:49
  11. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +129
    @ApexMaster31 I am in the same boat where the demo will not start, but I agree with the above sentiment. Don't buy. Its one thing to give you this much of a headache as a demo, but can you imagine buying it and it works one day, then the next you have to spend 40 mins just trying to get the game to start? I read these stories all the time.

THAT BEING SAID, the more times I try to start this game, the more it CALLS me... Like a unicorn or other mythical creature. Just buy Wreckfest and smile all night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.