Forum 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the width of the screen is below a certain point then the Facebook, G+ etc buttons starts covering the Inbox, Alerts and Search menus on the top right.
I guess it's not a huge issue, but being on a 21:9 monitor I generally don't surf the web in full screen, I snap them to half the screen, and then this issue is present.
I attached a screenie to show what's happening, but you can most likely recreate the issue yourself.
Running the latest version of Firefox.

edit: fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some screenshots from my mobile:

Today:
Screenshots_2014-07-02-05-46-03.png

redir

Yesterday:
redir

Screenshots_2014-07-02-05-46-37.png

What happened to my alerts menu?

Random question regarding site functionality: I sometimes rate a post by accident, and then I undo the rating. Does the relevant member still get a notification for this erroneous action?

Thanks.

Over the past few months we tried to introduce a new layout grouping all the games under their developers names.
Whilst it made the forum neater and more compact for the front end. We listened to feedback given and have now moved back to the conventional way, but still tried to keep the smaller forum front end. Please have a click and get used to were things are, all games are now listed under
Racing Games and Simulations

Please report and buys or problems with the new layout in here please.:)

I just came here and thought I was logged out. Very confusing first and pretty much hides all the community racing at the first glance. Imho both previous versions were better and more easy to find for new guys.

The more clicks you have to do to reach the thing you want the more users you loose on the way.
To enter a "racing club" from the forum I needed 2 clicks in the old version, 3 clicks in the version before and now it is 4 clicks.

P.S. It makes the forum look really small for a first time user and it is for sure not.

4 clicks, i can do it in one. :)
This will take me directly to the racing club action.

ddd.png

or 3 the old fashioned way to get to the club racing..
2 to get in any game forum from the main forum page.

The feedback we received said this was a better solution.

Just a little heads up that the "calendar" tab in the navigation bar has been replaced by an "online racing" tab with short cuts to your favorite racing clubs, active racing leagues and of course you can still check the daily events on the calendar

Last edited:
Much preferred the previous layout, for example it was logical to group all the Simbin games together, now you have DTM:E at the top of the list with R3E down near the bottom and then GTR2 in the "Older Games" section. If you really are gonna do that then Race 07, rFactor and Richard Burns should also belong in the "Older" section shouldn't they?

My vote goes for the previous layout.

4 clicks, i can do it in one. :)
This will take me directly to the racing club action.

View attachment 59559

or 3 the old fashioned way to get to the club racing..
2 to get in any game forum from the main forum page.

The feedback we received said this was a better solution.

Just a little heads up that the "calendar" tab in the navigation bar has been replaced by an "online racing" tab with short cuts to your favorite racing clubs, active racing leagues and of course you can still check the daily events on the calendar
It doesnt work on the mobile version of RD. I mean for me it is no problem, but new people maybe just dont see how much racing is going on here at the first glance.
Befote you entered the forum and saw, that you can find online racing here for nearly everything. Now you have to clicl something.
I may sound pedantic, but that is how our brain works. If you are here and not searching for it, you wont see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%