AC Formula Renault 3.5 @ Silverstone - Saturday 15th August 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am having a bit of a break after that last series :ninja: I have a sore elbow from too many laps, getting old you know :D
Geez Ben, how do you reckon Noel, Jack and I go then if you think your getting on???
We need a two part race with a nanna nap in the middle :sleep:

Can u please prebook me Chris? I have to work that night now. I've told them I need to leave at 10pm (booking time for me) but just in case I dont quite make it by 10:30 I'll need a prebook. Definitely don't want to miss out on this

Race result: http://simresults.net/150815-pP5
Freaking great fun, but very tough car to drive on the limit.

Screenshot_vsfr-formularenault35_2014_mdf_silverstone_15-8-115-21-11-26.jpg

Last edited:
Bad luck for the guys that encountered some serious bugs :thumbsdown:

@El-ahrairah That was an awesome race! Great driving man, I still need to work on my close racing skills though, there were too many times where I nearly smashed into you :p And once again sorry @Chris Stacey for pushing you out :unsure:

This weeks racing has been epic!, looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

FR35_zpsookkavss.jpg~original

Yeah some close action there... gifted it to you in the end. Pretty clear the LDF car is garbage. Saved me when I had garbage exits onto those straights though. 11th fastest lap probably doesn't deserve to win.

I'd be curious to know how much overtaking happened throughout the field that wasn't the result of the guy in front making a huge error. Because, even though Levi's pass on me was kinda down to my error still took some pretty epic skill from both people to keep it on the island.

Last edited:
More opinion since I'm bored at work...

I think we need like three more clubs with this thing before the league trigger is pulled. Definitely has to be at tracks with legitimate passing places. Spa, Monza, Mugello. This thing is too beast for places like Donnington and Imola. Plus with the dirty air factor so profound it will be stupidly processional at tracks like these.

Personally I'd do a league for this car with no hesitation. I maintain its the best car I've driven in this game. But the delta between drivers will be pretty much the same as the FM league if not more pronounced. Fun factor might also be diminished for some because of the dirty air factor disturbing close racing. To be honest, in this race Levi was probably 1.5-2 seconds per lap better than me, and I don't even need to take defensive lines to keep him behind me on this track. I probably took a defensive line maybe 6 times in the 24 laps he was behind me at <0.5 seconds. Although that is slightly helped by the LDF car's straight line advantage, and made ever easier due to aero-wash.

I think we need like three more clubs with this thing before the league trigger is pulled.
There will definitely be more club races with this car, but it won't be a barometer to determine if and when a league should be run. I know a lot of people think this will be the next league car, but I can't stress enough that no decision has been made :) The next league is a long way off.

The only thing that has been decided so far is that the car we use for the next league will be the car for every future league thereafter. Mainly because it's about building consistency. The reason we see these massive gaps between the top two guys and everyone else because they're so naturally quick that it takes time for the rest to catch up, and if we start with a new car for every new season, then everyone starts from scratch again and the gaps remain.

To be honest, in this race Levi was probably 1.5-2 seconds per lap better than me, and I don't even need to take defensive lines to keep him behind me on this track. I probably took a defensive line maybe 6 times in the 24 laps he was behind me at <0.5 seconds. Although that is slightly helped by the LDF car's straight line advantage, and made ever easier due to aero-wash.

I was able to get very close to Sun in some parts, but his drive out of Chapel was always so good that the main overtaking place (Stowe) was pretty much undo able because he'd opened up such a large gap. I made only one competitive overtake and that was on a very cooperative @Casper into Brooklands (The lap after my first mistake at the Arena section If you want to see it on your replay). It actually felt very nice and Jamie showed a huge amount of respectful driving there. Top stuff!

Overtakes are definitely possible, they're just difficult, which is the way it should be IMO. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back