Formula RaceRoom f1 2010 skins wip

i will try to post it here cus simbin staff didnt like that i posted "copyrigted material" in their forum, but what do they mean? is it like it is ILLEGAL to use a redbull logo found on google that i did put on a car:confused:

what they said :

Sorry Gentlemen,

We cannot allow the posting of copyrighted material on this forum.

Discussion on this skin pack or any other unoriginal content will have to take place at your home communities.

I hope you understand.

lil pic of one (ive made 4 of them so far)

rrsuit12.jpg

i will try to post it here cus simbin staff didnt like that i posted "copyrigted material" in their forum, but what do they mean? is it like it is ILLEGAL to use a redbull logo found on google that i did put on a car :confused:

Pretty much any official company logo you find, however you find it, will be copyrighted material. So technically speaking, you should not use it without getting the permission of the copyright holder. Of course, it wouldn't be particularly feasible for every skinner and modder out there to ask for permission for every single logo they use... so no-one does. The chances of the copyright owner objecting are pretty minimal anyway, as long as their logos aren't being abused or used to show them in a poor light.

SimBin are just covering themselves, that's all. They're in the simulation business, so they don't want to risk annoying people they may need to have dealings with in the future. (Red Bull, for example.)

They were classed as illegal because at RaceRoom has only just come out and therefore they don't want any custom skins that's why no public release of the templates. Also though they are based on the F1 2010 liveries calling them this is getting to close to the title of Codemasters game.

Unlike RD here, SimBin and RaceRoom are companies, and therefore are bound by copyright, where at RD and other sites are community based which don't look to make money through content.

Just try to make a BTCC mod without Alan jumping up and down. Ferrari will jump on you also if they believe that it is not in their own best interests. So, me releasing the F1 2007 mod on Evo was deemed to be ok, but XMR using a car that looked very very close to the F430 was not....

I can't post links etc for any mods I have done to date as all have licensed content over at RR, and I can live with it. Business is business...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back