A perfekt toilet racing Sim. It actually look quite fun!

I am ready! :)

eec19ddf5925d17f8b27314783f4d726.jpg

Will it have microtransactions for buying fuel ?
Me being ever the cynic and the game being a Free-to-Play mobile title, I kind of expect some sort of trashy monetisation system and/or data mining, but the more level-headed side of me knows that this isn't always the case.
Some Free-to-Play monetisation models can be OK; not sure what you can reasonably monetise in a F1 racing game if it is not new skins and cosmetics though? If you're paying for the upgrades to gain a straight up speed or skill advantage then it's going to suck in my opinion.
I'd prefer to just have a paid game, but the rest of the world seems to think that paying even £1 up front for a mobile game is robbery for some reason.
Here's hoping this one is reasonable.

Last edited:
1) Purchase your paint jobs
2) Purchase boosts to increase car dev rate, engine, turbo boost, ERS, etc.
3) Get wrecked by wanker across the globe, wasting your hourly "fuel" allowance, or
3b) Get waxed by bots with the same rating as you, driving you to spend more on boosts...

Buy F1 2016 while you still can. It'll be the only premium title we're likely to get.

Ever keen to spread the F1 gaming love, a new title is set to release in a couple of days... the 2018 edition of F1 Mobile Racing comes to iOS this October 18th.

Once again releasing as a 'free to play' game for iOS mobile devices, and much like its more established brother F1 2018 from Codemasters, F1 Mobile Racing will be the official videogame representation of the 2018 Formula One season on mobile devices.

F1 Mobile Racing 33.jpg

Containing the cars, drivers and tracks of the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship, F1 Mobile Racing will also have something of a unique differentiator from its PC and console relations - the new title will contain some nice customisation options not present in the full version of the game, with players able to enjoy a nice range of customisation options within the title.

F1® Mobile Racing challenges players to compete against the world in fast-paced, real-time races. Win these 1v1 events to rise through the Leagues and unlock upgrades for one of the official cars from the F1® grid, or your very own customisable car. Regularly updated challenges, single-player options, endless customisation possibilities and much more add up to make F1® Mobile Racing a deep and engrossing handheld racing game.
F1 Mobile Racing 44.jpg

Having now deemed to have successfully passed the limited release soft launch phase of development, F1 Mobile Racing will be made available worldwide this Thursday 18th October, and will be available to download and play as a 'free to play' game.

Although initially available on iOS devices, the Android platform is expected to be accommodated in the near future, with development of the game already well underway and expected to become publicly available in the very near future.

F1 Mobile Racing 2.jpg
F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Formula One Mobile Racing is due for release on Apple iOS October 18th, and Android during 2018.

Check out the F1 Mobile Racing sub forum to stay abreast of the latest news and discussions around this upcoming new mobile game.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the idea of a mobile device based F1 game? Will you be picking up the new title? Let us know your thoughts below!

Free to play... but you'll have to keep pumping money in to continue in the championship.

They should have called it "F1 Mobile: the Lance Stroll Simulator"!!! HA!

Anyone play this yet? Reviews? And where does the "you have to pay for this part if you want to continue at a reasonable pace" come in?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.