F1 2010 Formula One 2010 (Codemasters)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As seen on autosport.com - F1 News: New computer game deal for F1:

Formula One is to have its first official computer game in more than two years next season following the capture of a new official licencing deal with British gaming company Codemasters, autosport.com can reveal.
With Sony having published the most recent official F1 game last summer, based on the 2006 season and available only on PlayStation consoles, Codemasters' deal will see F1 return to a multiformat platform for the first time in many years.
The game is set to be available on all major home consoles, as well as handheld and PC gaming formats.
After weeks of discussion between Codemasters and Formula One Administration, it is anticipated that the company will produce the first game next year, based on the 2009 F1 season. This will be the first game that Lewis Hamilton will appear in.
Rod Cousens, chief executive officers of Codemasters, said: "Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology.
"The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the F1 audience and connecting them globally.
"As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with F1 is the jewel in Codemasters' racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion."
Chris Deering, chairman of Codemasters, added: "Codemasters' success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge.
"The combination of F1's new momentum of expansion and Codemasters' contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen."
Codemasters Studios has already begun preparations for the major task of creating the new game, by strengthening their team with personnel from the now defunct Sega Racing Studio.
There are 350 people working on the project, which will be based on the EGO Engine that Codemasters has put to good use on the Colin McRae: DIRT and soon-to-be-released Race Driver: GRID titles.

GAME: Accepting Pre-orders

GAME are currently accepting pre-orders on this title. Date currently offered is October 2009

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Driving/Racing/~r339513/Formula-1/

Thats very late in the year and misses the boat somewhat as far as the real season goes. Hopefully tho they can use the time well to tweak the engine and cars to suit/match the real life counterparts and new car design and regulations.

Helios said:
Hi all,

Just to clarify, any release dates you might see around the net are all just speculation for now. We haven't release any official information yet regarding release dates for F1, but as soon as we have something concrete to announce the forums will be one of the very first places to hear about it.

official statement from CM

You would expect so as you would also if you were a PSN or PC user, realistically that time will more than likely be spent perfecting physics etc. driver changes are easy as you say.

I would expect in this day and age for there to be some form of DLC, its a greowing business, maybe none F1 calender tracks, 2010 driver updates etc.

My wish for pitstop Procedures

here is a video showing how we can call for a Pitstop with a microphone. [rFactor w/ spotter]

the Pit Crew guy is responding to my voice.
1st I call his name, then request a pitstop.
the pit menu appears by itself.
i COULD manually adjust the wings / tyre pressures & whether to repair damages or not.
what i can do via speech is tell them to only put 2 laps fuel in ... when i requested the pitstop, i'm asked if we want to change strategy, to which i replied "2 laps"

the pit crew asks me to confirm 2 laps & i responded with "yes" - watch the fuel number change
[the 3 lap fuel level is an issue with the game, not the pit crew]

when you see "speed limiter on" that is response to me hitting the Limiter button on my wheel
[penalty if not down to correct speed]

the red outlined box must be driven into - notice i'm a bit short, and the pit crew doesn't move until i move
ahead just a bit

speed limiter must be dis-engaed after crossing pit line out
[doing so before & exceeding speed limit = penalty]
[you can dis-engage, but be sure not to speed]

posted this suggested at the CM forum, too.
DOWNLOAD HERE

Woow yes, your idea is great. With that way pitstops be like just the real life. But i fear that seems a bit hard to make. But who knows Codemasters's abilities:)..

My pitstop idea is making it like at the Ps f1 06. Pressing some buttons when they appear on the screen, this gives a great excition and fun i believe.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.