Cars Formula One 1975 Part 1 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dethrone1427 submitted a new resource:

Formula One 1975 Part 1 - Updated physics for the F1 1975 Mod by ChiefWiggum

I have decided to release an update for the physics for the brilliant F1 1975 mod released by ChiefWiggum. I have used the base physics but simply updated them. I have included talent files, individual physics for each team, which should allow for a much more predictable and enjoyable experience.

PLEASE NOTE!! YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE the previous versions of the 1975 LE mod, as follows,

First go into the Series folder, scroll down, find - F175_LE.srs and F175_LE.tga. Delete both of these....

Read more about this resource...

The cars have a nice feel to them but I still get the impression they're too fast. They beat out the F Retro by 6 seconds in my brief testing @ Interlagos Historic and even on a light rubbered track seem to beat the fastest lap for the '75 Season by a couple of seconds.

There's also some oddities with the setup now. The car I tested had the steering lock set to 13.x degrees instead of the usual whole degree incremements you'd normally get.

Also, could we get an LE and a HE edition (Historical Edition) as seperate series files so that there's the option for servers to run with matched performance cars in the LE and with realistic performance files +talent files, offline via the HE edition?

Where are you getting your data from to make the individual .hdv from? There's 3 or 4 versions of the tyre file and the same with the Cosworth engines.

Reactions: hex
All I can say is wow!! Nice job putting this together for us.With each car having it own physics file/different mass/power/drag plus different engine ini's as well ......awesome! awesome! awesome ! best mod in ams hands down:D.....we need more 1975 tracks (good conversions)

The cars have a nice feel to them but I still get the impression they're too fast. They beat out the F Retro by 6 seconds in my brief testing @ Interlagos Historic and even on a light rubbered track seem to beat the fastest lap for the '75 Season by a couple of seconds.

There's also some oddities with the setup now. The car I tested had the steering lock set to 13.x degrees instead of the usual whole degree incremements you'd normally get.

Also, could we get an LE and a HE edition (Historical Edition) as seperate series files so that there's the option for servers to run with matched performance cars in the LE and with realistic performance files +talent files, offline via the HE edition?

Where are you getting your data from to make the individual .hdv from? There's 3 or 4 versions of the tyre file and the same with the Cosworth engines.
Tbh with you I worked firstly to get them more stable, I'll start back engineering over the next few weeks to slow them down because as you said they're about 4-6 seconds a lap faster depending on which circuit you race. But out of it being accurate or enjoyable to race I must admit I went for the enjoyable to race. BUT I take onboard what you say and do plan to remedy this.

In so far as where I got my data for all the different tyre files, engine files, that's purely used for different tyre degradation and engine performance to add spice and variety to each race however long you may run it. Its still a WIP, but if the people want a LE version I can release that too, no worries!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back