RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thanks Tobias, just has a look, interesting and very detailed. :)

I had a look too, apparently i had the highest number of 'overtakes' in the race! I think that was more due to my 'unique' pit-stop strategy than anything else! Did anyone else 4-stop like me? Really enjoyed this event, had a good battle with Michael for 3rd in the 2nd half of the race. He waited a couple of times for me but i don't think he hit me, but thanks anyway! Just highlights the sort of driving out there tonight. Thanks also to Freddie, Kimmo and Martin for going out of there way to let me pass.
I started 8th and slowly worked my way up to 5th, which became 3rd just before my 2nd pitstop. From then on i was engaged in a battle with Michael Szabo who was on a different pit strategy. However, i slightly misjudged my fuel intake at the final stop and had only 1L of fuel left on the last lap. So i slowed down on the front straight and let Tobias lap me. (A shame as i was hoping to stay on the lead lap!)
Thanks (and congrats) to Tobias, and hopefully another event like this will be held in the future.

Great racing :)

First of all, I want to thank you Tobias for this fantastic event (and for the very nice statistics) and congratulation :)
And I want to apologize to Stefan Werner, sorry that I slowed you down...the tyres was really worn, so I cannot go faster, I tried to let you to pass me, but it didnt work very well, sorry again...

Did anyone else 4-stop like me?

- my original pit-stop strategy was 4-stops too, but I was really surprised, that the slick tyres (and significantly worn) works very well on the wet track so I decided to stay on the track as long as possible and it works pretty well, so I changed pit-stop strategy to 3-stops. The only reason why I wanted to go on 4-stops was, that the tyres are worn very fast (it was quite difficult to drive it after 15 laps).

Really enjoyed this event, had a good battle with Michael for 3rd in the 2nd half of the race. He waited a couple of times for me but i don't think he hit me, but thanks anyway!

- I thought that it was not clean overtake, so I rather waited for you...and very nice battle :)

I must just say sorry to Michael Szabo for the tap I gave him in the early laps, only a little one but didn't see it coming till it was to late.

- no problem :)

Thank you Tobias and RD for this great event :)

Thanks for the great fight. Race was long but not too long. Started 9th finished 9th, not bad :)

Everything works fine but my first pitstop was a nightmare that it took few places. Without all these incidents in the first pitstop I think I could finished 6th.

So what happend in my first pitstop was that I noticed that I have to change my strategy and I change the amount of fuel but then I was not able to confirm so I must do one more lap with almost empty tank??? And then my second try was almost successful but then the game gave me a stop-go penalty while speeding at pitlane??? I had speed limitter on so where the hell that penalty came???

Also my second pitstop was a little bit difficult because of too much fuel setted to strategy and this time I dare not to change fuel amount :)

Anyway in the first stint I have very nice fight with Bruno and his M3, thanks Bruno.

For me this was a very good practice for the F1 league and long races with pitstops.

Thanks guys and especially Big Thanks Tobias.

Thanks for setting this race up, I hold my head is very big shame, 26laps down and I didn't make it back to the pits for fuel :(, I had focused to much on trying to maintain my pace, I'm really disappointed in myself for a simple error, I off now to the hall of shame for a while

Thanks again guys.

Ivo, the bleu flag wasn't necessary everyone drove absolute great. And you can use youre headlights (not flashing it)
i agree! this was, for so far, one of the best races!! sadly enough i couldn't make it till the end.

Thanks Tobias, this was great :veryhappy:

P.s. did gives me a minidump!! WHY ME???

Texture format for texture 'C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\skins_RD_enduro_algarve\McGregor C6R GT SPort\Scotland2 (40x20).tga' is invalid. It should be A8R8G8B8 or X8R8G8B8. TGA file format

RULE ONE: NO MORE CUSTOMSKINS !!

And I want to apologize to Stefan Werner, sorry that I slowed you down...the tyres was really worn, so I cannot go faster, I tried to let you to pass me, but it didnt work very well, sorry again...
lol... no problem Michal, I was actually trying to stay behind you as every time I got past I was getting blue flag warnings and didn't want to collect a penalty.

Alrighty, where to start. Quali went pretty well for me and the car felt really stable. Started from 3rd and fell like a rock. Even the Mosler was beating me on acceleration. So I think it is fair to say my 2-stop strategy didn't work out to well for me. I tried to stick with everyone in the early stages of the race, but when I saw that even my best lap of the race 1:47.7 wasn't enough, I decided to just settle down and run my own race. My car was just to heavy compared to the others and once the fuel was finally gone my tires were totally shot. Due to the rain I decided to stay out as long as I could to see if it would start raining any harder. I finally made my first stop on lap 31, but this point the rain was slowing again, so there was no question about tire choice. My second stop was around lap 60. I would gain positions as others made there stops, but as they caught back up to me, the best I could do was try and hold them up a little, as I was clearly slower.

I'll be honest, I was kind of disappointed with my 6th place finish. Regardless of that it was a good race and everyone did very well. Looking forward to the next one. :)

Thanks Tobias and RD for putting this on!

P.s. did gives me a minidump!! WHY ME???

Texture format for texture 'C:\Users\Gebruiker\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\skins_RD_enduro_algarve\McGregor C6R GT SPort\Scotland2 (40x20).tga' is invalid. It should be A8R8G8B8 or X8R8G8B8. TGA file format

RULE ONE: NO MORE CUSTOMSKINS !!

I'm very sorry that get caught by such an small thing like an menu flag. :(
Anyway thanks for posting your dump, I've looked in this matter and found the reason for the skin trouble. In Ross skin the menu/result flag was in a format the game won't handle properly all the time. I've corrected all skins in the skin package (uploaded already) and on the server. The lesson is then clear, it doesn't matter if the skins runs fine when testing it, they should also be reviewed (texture formats) in detail. So for the next event I will take more care and warn about the possible side effects of custom skins.

Sorry stefan, i had no idea one of my menu flags was wrong. I don't know how i made a mistake like this as i followed SimBin's skinning readme file throughout.

Ross I have modified your skin with new Flags, just dl the skin pack again.

So how it felt yesterday.

This time my first Superpole without a major errors, but then I realized that I used my race setup with 100l of fuel, which gives a poor time in qualification and a midfield starting position. :(
The rolling start went fine, thanks to the pretty wide track without any accidents in the entire field. :) In the early stages I could catch the leading pair by overtaking Bob, Stefan and Michal. As João and Abdul were fighting each other I was able to close the gap and able to overtake Abdul in the middle of the first stint. After getting closer to the race leader João, he decided to control and widen the gap by burning some low 46s in the tarmac without noticing his worn tires. :) This time level was just so impressive man!, so I decided to look after my tires, because I don't now if I could make 30 laps to get my 2 stop strategy working. The next rounds were so atmospheric, the sky got darker und some drizzle went down. I didn't know how long I can pull out some reasonable times because the tire temperatures went down to 60°C and I had no idea if the rain stays longer and I had to switch to a rain setup. I took the dry bet in the first pit stop and was surprised when João wasn't displayed on timing screens anymore.
Sorry you had this bad luck, João. :(
After getting promoted the first place, I was able to control the gap the Abdul because I know that my tires were better in the last 15 laps of our stints and it stops raining. In the last third of the race I collided with Freddie, sorry man! - reviewing the replay I think it was a misunderstanding at the worst place on the track. I was shocked when I saw stuck one lap later, thankfully you were able to come back on the track. :)
Thank you guys for this great experience!

See you at the next enduro on 13rd or 14th of February.

Some evaluations for the next event (13 or 14 Feb.), please give some feedback

Was the starting time and general time line okay?

Is it a good idea to create a reasonable weather file, according to a 10 day forecast of the particular track (weather.com), or should we go back the the simple dry weather or totally random weather setting (changing with every server start)?

I think I overlooked the possibility of relapping, when I set the server to a normal blue flag rule set! Should it stay how it was or black flag only?

Something else?:D

[SIZE=\"3\"]Some evaluations for the next event (13 Feb.), please give some feedback[/SIZE]

Was the starting time and general time line okay?
Yes it was really okay at least here in Finland.
Is it a good idea to create a reasonable weather file, according to a 10 day forecast of the particular track (weather.com), or should we go back the the simple dry weather or totally random weather setting (changing with every server start)?
Reasonable weather was okay so i don't see any reason to change it.
I think I overlooked the possibility of relapping, when I set the server to a normal blue flag rule set! Should it stay how it was or black flag only?
Black flag only, it's very easy to see if the car behind is much faster (trying to overlap you) and then make passing enough easy for him...

The start time was good, but maybe the race should be shortened to the 2 hour mark- more like a normal LMS or FIA GT race? Also, I have no complaints about the flags or weather conditions, and i really like the GT Sport cars.

I wont be able to take part in the next event as it clashes with the RDLMS but I would say keep the flags the same for future events, they worked very well no need to change them IMO.

I wasn't aware of that, 2 weeks ago (when I was looking for free spots in the league calendar) IMHO the date wasn't announced. Maybe it is possible to race on Sunday the 14th, I will create a poll with the new race. :)

The time was good for me as well. Practice 2 started a 12:30 eastern, which is pretty much perfect. :)

Personally, I prefer to keep the blue flag on. While it makes unlapping yourself a pain, it certainly helps when putting laps on slower traffic.

As far as weather goes, I like the forecasted weather. Tends to make for some interesting conditions as was the case yesterday.

Just a though, last year in the super enduro mini series which Eric put together for us, we ran with both GT-Pro And GT-Sport classes on track at the same time. 13 Pro and 12 Sport. Also, our races were 3 hrs on average. We usually had a full field and a few reserves with the old format. Granted, the more hard core amongst us, i.e. Joao, helped create a lot of hype around these events.

I wasn't aware of that, 2 weeks ago (when I was looking for free spots in the league calendar) IMHO the date wasn't announced. Maybe it is possible to race on Sunday the 14th, I will create a poll with the new race. :)

That would be good if it was on the sunday, as for my race yesterday, I was meant to be sharing the driving with Gary Allen and although he took part in practice he was suffering from toothache and he couldnt take part in the race, any way onto qualifying and I lost FFB being superpole I couldnt quit back to the garage (if I go into controls FFB and back out again it restores itself) so I lost a couple of seconds. In the race FFB was fine and the race was going fairly well until my last pit stop when I must have mistakingly altered something and I failed to take on any fuel, I spent ages in the pit trying to make it work and ended up pitting twice more than I planned for, apart from that I really really enjoyed the event great fun and great driving all round, thanks Tobias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back