IgwuEqF.png

You have 48h to send me (in PM) :
• Your bets for the next Champions
• Your Sponsor for the season
• Your Aero, Engine & Reliability buys

pSgcGqZ.png

The 5th Giant

Team Lotus (1980-83)

Alain Prost wanted to be a professional Football player. His dream was to play for Saint-Etienne, just like his idol Jean-Michel Larqué. But the professor didn’t have the skills.. When he was a teenager, he also used to race at the kart track owned by his uncle. The fact that he was always 2 or 3 secondes faster than anyone probably made him understand that he certainly had skills.. but for racing.

He progressed through motor sport’s junior ranks and won both French and European F3 championship before Jordan Bradford chose him to race for Team Lotus in 1980. During his first 3 seasons the results were almost awful but Prost always beat his teammates. Glory came in 1983, when he finished second, just behind the ’82 World Champion Nelson Piquet.

Scuderia Ferrari (1984-87)

Once again, Ben Utzer saw the potential of the frenchman and signed him for 4 seasons, to replace another french driver and the newly World Drivers’ Champion Didier Pironi gone to Toleman. Unfortunately, Prost arrived a special year, when Nelson Piquet, René Arnoux and the Milos Ancevski’s Arrows were simply unbeatable. He finished 3rd and Utzer, soon during this season, began to prepare the car for 1985. This time the Ferrari’s were the fastest cars but Prost fought against a beast, and lost by a single point to Gilles Villeneuve’s Brabham. The battle started again in 1986 but, quickly, Prost outperformed the Canadian driver and won his very first World Driver’s Championship. His main opponent changed in 1987 wand he lost both titles against Stefan Bellof and Daniel Harvey’s Toleman. The relationship with Utzer worsened slowly during the season and the Professor refused to renew with the Italian famous team.

McLaren International (1988-91)

Free, Prost signed with McLaren in 1988. He helped developing the car with Jack Laskey and immediately took his revenge on Bellof and Toleman. Both titles in 1988, the duo did it again in 1989 ! Champion 3 races before the end, Prost became the 5th Giant in Formula One History. However, the performance of the McLaren slowly decreased and Prost couldn’t defend his title in 1990.. and also in 1991 when he could not even win a single race.

Benetton Formula Ltd (1992-93)

Then the Professor knew that he would not become the very first driver to win a 4th championship.. but he would try to beat Lauda’s wins record ! He already matched his 35 wins in career and was seeking for a 36th. Pierre Resnais and his young Benetton team seemed to fit for that goal. Unfortunately, Prost had only one and only shot in two seasons : Silverstone in 1992. But he wasn’t able to overtake Gerhard Berger’s Ferrari who won that day.

R5Nh6i7.png

e7lzI4a.png

1994 Formula One Season (1-3)

sdqPeG2.png

Kt8fVrx.png

Q4C4G1E.png

nGmMLcw.png

zQIrr9F.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

ZXRmpTe.png

S8sm1HO.png

1994 Formula One Season (10-12)
That season has gone mad !

7S8YvC5.png

YBWQqLX.png

ufYAVOh.png

Pt13Z8t.png

TKvapwG.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! Last market of the season :thumbsup:

bT8GKSg.png

Your last time in Tier 2 was....1976?
Could be.

Still, obviously i'd like to stay in Tier 1 for a bit longer.
Before these three rounds i was 2nd in constructors which would have meant signing a certain guy named Mika H.
Or maybe even Michael since Ayrton could be an A driver still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes