Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
zYdWgQ5.png

The greatest Giant of all time

Early career (1971-74)

Lauda was moving rapidly through lower categories, so it was only a matter of time until an F1 team showed interest. Daniel Harvey, who just secured the contract of the young and talented Emerson Fiitipaldi searched for the perfect number 2 driver to team up with the brazilian hot prospect. Lauda signed in 1971 with Honda and proved to be a great asset to the team, helping the Japanese works win the constructors championship in 1973. However, a poor performance in 1974, meant he had almost 3 times less points than his teammate, led to his contract not getting renewed.

Wrong time in Lotus (1975-76)

Lauda was offered a chance to redeem himself at Lotus, taking role as #1 driver. 1975 was his first taste of a championship fight, which he narrowly lost to the Super Swede, Ronnie Peterson. However, his relationship with Colin Chapman and Jordan Bradford at Lotus got worse after a very bad season for the team in 1976. They decided to terminate his long term contract just before the 1977 season.

Lauda/Ancevski, the invicible duo (1977-81)

After several years of little success, Milos Ancevski, March’s manager, decided to go big, and jumped on the opportunity to sign Niki Lauda. However, the team was negotiating its buyout for some weeks now. March would disappear and some new investors would come. Lauda knew that 1977 would be a poor season. He accepted the situation and fully worked on the 1978 car with Ancevski for the start of a new adventure : Arrows.

First wins in 1978… then both titles in 1979 & 1981 plus a WDC in 1980, the famous duo broke all imaginable records : the 100 points barrier in the drivers championship and 150 points barrier in the constructors championship twice ! During 3 seasons, Lauda was purely invincible, winning 24 out of 45 races and making him the 4th Giant of Formula One.

A new challenge (1982-1984)

All good stories have an end and after Arrows announced the signing of Piquet, Lauda decided to quit the team. He found a new challenge with his former boss, Harvey who realized that he was wrong about the Austrian driver’s talent. The triple crowned driver won some races but the car was not capable of winning a title and again, Lauda’s difficult personality led to the end of his contract.

Late career (1985-1986)

He agreed in the last minute to drive for Tyrrell. This proved to be a mistake, as he had little success in the uncompetitive car, scoring no points in 1985, and the first half of 1986. He announced he was retiring for good at the Austrian GP.

HDDnvO9.png

In 16 seasons, Niki Lauda not only became the 4th Giant of Formula One, but the greatest driver of all time ! He won more races (35), got more podiums (70) and won more titles (7) than any other driver in this sport.

RjT2fFR.png

1988 Formula One Season (1-3)

WiU5H5l.png

JHCHo8b.png

8bXjtXT.png

kfAVD88.png

d9PXEGt.png

Sorry guys for the delay, I was quite busy these days. You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

io1BIFK.png

Actually thought I was doing quite well until I saw the constructors standings. Do I actually have the worst lineup again? :confused:
Getting flashbacks from the 70s again..

You managed to meet risky sponsor there, you'll do better. ;) Want to fight for the worst lineup? :p
That was me hoping for a miracle as I knew I had no other outs :p
But I'm still going to get smacked by all the better lineups :cautious:

edit: also Berger got on the podium, which shows his potential. I only got 6th :(

Fntuu97.png

1988 Formula One Season (4-6)

IjtT45c.png

Ct5IJjv.png

PkmKBrC.png

44PWCxY.png

VGSBdu1.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

Fv1EFRO.png

yO9A7Tc.png

1988 Formula One Season (7-9)

lnGTAoV.png

Y9TGfmD.png

GeZZh5k.png

aqxZUWM.png

PA9R3jy.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

OEAoEGN.png

tzSrIgn.png

1988 Formula One Season (10-12)

ItGZzqM.png

LhLpUFs.png

ZPDi99g.png

H9HTcGs.png

QGlGdjf.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! Last market of the season :thumbsup:

EwKzEhr.png

YQaZL3k.png

1988 Formula One Season (13-15)

4nGfSVw.png

MSZzL9A.png

TKtJfb8.png

XN9S6jo.png

AzSpZf8.png

The 1988 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

KETBzRy.png

In Red, the picks of the teams that already have a A driver and that can't sign another A driver.
IG69RIz.png

You have 24h to buy, sell, trade or fire a driver (or a signing position) !
You have 48h to send me your wish-list :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back