2006 Formula One Season (7-9)

IXThouR.png

z3eMiA0.png

jnNqNyX.png

GHeo9Ch.png

PZDPT5a.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

S2rAwzW.png

Interesting fight in T3, for all German team next season. :rolleyes: To bad Montoya fell off so low, we could have made it 4 team party at the top. These seasons are more interesting than real ones were, I am not saying that Schumacher will dnf in second to last race :roflmao:

jCFyYaQ.png

2006 Formula One Season (10-12)

qooQDR4.png

OrrK6mM.png

uqXctEZ.png

QSFWnDS.png

Yd5nrLl.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

GYgqwOj.png

By the way, the Honda seat si still free.. if you guys have some ideas for a new player..

I wish there was some sort of mechanic that made drivers loyal to a team. I'm not sure how it would work though, but I think it would improve the game.

But we are managers. We can't control the loyalty of our employees. Makes me curious how many of the current F1 field is on their current team because of loyalty or money. I think the only guys I wouldn't question is Sergio Perez (Force India / Sport Pesa for now his 6th season) and Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes since 2013). But, would either one of them go to, say, Haas or Alfa, if they were offered double the salary?

But we are managers. We can't control the loyalty of our employees. Makes me curious how many of the current F1 field is on their current team because of loyalty or money. I think the only guys I wouldn't question is Sergio Perez (Force India / Sport Pesa for now his 6th season) and Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes since 2013). But, would either one of them go to, say, Haas or Alfa, if they were offered double the salary?
How about paying PPs when signing driver? That could change things a bit, the best would still and in the best car but midfield drivers like Heidfeld could end up in other teams. :)

FLM 1.0 had driver salaries. Hugo did away with that in favor of the drafting at the end of each season. I think the bidding between seasons got too complicated anyways.

Well I'm working on small changes about drivers signings for FLM 3.

What annoys me is not that the good drivers in small teams are taken by the best teams because it's 100% realistic and for example Schumacher couldn't be stuck in a Jordan for a decade. (Or we could choose that each driver will make all his career with one team only.. or maximum 2, and after all why not, it's a choice)

What annoys me is that the best teams could steal the good drivers to worse teams when they already have one. The "No A driver signed when you already have one" was a good thing.. but it can go farther.
What I want is that every team can race with at least one good driver. You should all have a good n°1 driver.

For example, in our game, currently, Button should be the n°1 driver of someone else than McLaren. Same for Massa or Montoya.
Two "big" drivers in the same team is something that happened in Formula 1.. but it never lasted long. Piquet/Mansell, Senna/Prost, Mansell/Prost, Hamilton/Alonso, even Ricciardo/Vettel.. it can't work.

The solution is sometimes very easy.. in this game for example, Raikkonen and Alonso will NEVER be teammates. It's impossible. They came in Formula One the same year, they're signed for 4 years each time.. they are always signed by different teams. Contrary to Button, who came the year before, and who will always have a great teammate...

So here is my very simple plan for FLM 3 (or earlier perhaps if you like) :
Do you remember that we had "reshuffle" for car stats in the first FLM game ? Every 3 seasons, things were mixed up a little bit. Well what I propose is a drivers' contract reset every 4 years. Every 4 seasons, all drivers become free. Every one makes a wishlist for their n°1 drivers.. then we all signed the n°2 drivers. This way, the best drivers are "given" to different teams and we can't have a "cheat" line-up anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes