Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K & 4K]

Skins Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [8K & 4K] NEW UPDATE

Login or Register an account to download this content
TcKModder submitted a new resource:

Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [4K] - Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin

Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin

WHAT IS IN THIS MOD:

- NEW MERCEDES LIVERY FOR THE RSS 2021 IN 4K
- NEW DRIVER SUIT
- NEW DRIVER GLOVES

IN THE NEXT UPDATE:
- HAMILTON HELMET
- BOTTAS HELMET

SCREENSHOTS:
View attachment 459228View attachment 459229View attachment 459230View attachment 459231View attachment 459232

Read more about this resource...

Hate to be so negative, but the level of compression artifacts in these skins is pretty extraordinary for 8K skins. Not only jaggies but makes the whole car look green and purple, rather than black. Maybe try exporting with some different settings, or something?

Also the title says 4K but the main textures are 8192x8192.

__custom_showroom_1617031801.png__custom_showroom_1617031870.pngScreenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_baku_29-2-121-18-37-25.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to be so negative, but the level of compression artifacts in these skins is pretty extraordinary for 8K skins. Not only jaggies but makes the whole car look green and purple, rather than black. Maybe try exporting with some different settings, or something?

Also the title says 4K but the main textures are 8192x8192.

View attachment 459391View attachment 459392View attachment 459393
Yes, I had noticed it too, in fact the next update will be huge

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

@TcKModder Also AMG logos on side are not correctly placed and same for INEOS top logo and red colour.

TcKModder updated Formula Hybrid 2021 | Mercedes W12 Skin [4K] with a new update entry:

Mercedes RSS 2021 UPDATE 2.0

UPDATE 2.0:

- FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE RENDERING GIVING A GREEN, PIXELATED COLOUR
- FIXED THE REFLECTIONS ON THE CAR

- Updated numbers 44 and 77
- Hamilton now has Black details and Bottas has yellow details
- Coloured the rim in red and yellow
- Added OMP belts with Mercedes logo in the seat
- Updated the Petronas logo
- Approached the logos on the nose
- Coloured the mirrors blue and carbon and added the #WeRaceAsOne logo
- Added Petronas Syntium in front of the halo

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ah, most likely I forgot to make it smaller, in the next update I'll make the file smaller, but I can't do much with it, because otherwise some logos get very blurry like AMD on halo
Make separate 4K and 8K versions?

Yes, 4K DTX5 as opposed to 8K uncompressed is a bit blurry. On the other hand it takes a fraction of the disk space (you could trim it to 50-70mb) AND it's massively more performance friendly which is pretty important when you race with 20 cars with night, rain, not-so-well optimized mod tracks, GrassFX and what have you. So I would take the blurry AMD logo on halo

Last edited:
Make separate 4K and 8K versions?

Yes, 4K DTX5 as opposed to 8K uncompressed is a bit blurry. On the other hand it takes a fraction of the disk space (you could trim it to 50-70mb) AND it's massively more performance friendly which is pretty important when you race with 20 cars with night, rain, not-so-well optimized mod tracks, GrassFX and what have you. So I would take the blurry AMD logo on halo
All right mate, then I'll do 2 versions in the update as mentioned before

Great work on the update!
The shade of red in V2 looks like how the real car looks at night, so it's not necessarily "wrong", but I feel like it's best to use daylight pics as reference.
daylight (V1) https://motorsport-magazine.s3.eu-w...nt/uploads/2021/03/13095250/Hamilton-lead.jpg
night (V2) https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/racefansdotnet-21-03-12-15-40-25-20.jpg
The red in V1 looks perfect, maybe you could use that red again for the next update!
Other than that the newest update is fantastic, thank you!

Last edited:
Great work on the update!
The shade of red in V2 looks like how the real car looks at night, so it's not necessarily "wrong", but I feel like it's best to use daylight pics as reference.
daylight (V1) https://motorsport-magazine.s3.eu-w...nt/uploads/2021/03/13095250/Hamilton-lead.jpg
night (V2) https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/racefansdotnet-21-03-12-15-40-25-20.jpg
The red in V1 looks perfect, maybe you could use that red again for the next update!
Other than that the newest update is fantastic, thank you!
Thanks a lot for the info!
Anyway, thanks to your information I think I will put another alternative of the mod, a "night" version of the W12 with the darker red colour, what do you think?

Thanks a lot for the info!
Anyway, thanks to your information I think I will put another alternative of the mod, a "night" version of the W12 with the darker red colour, what do you think?
I drive in daylight conditions 98% of the time so I personally only really care about how the skin looks at daylight. But there might be other people who drive at night much more often and who therefore would appreciate the alternative night version.
I'd say include both versions so that everyone is happy!

I drive in daylight conditions 98% of the time so I personally only really care about how the skin looks at daylight. But there might be other people who drive at night much more often and who therefore would appreciate the alternative night version.
I'd say include both versions so that everyone is happy!
In fact, I was thinking of this! Anyway, I'm going to create my own discord server so maybe people who follow my mods will give their opinion on the updates. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back