Stock Car Extreme Setups

Go to c: steam/steam apps/common/Stock car extreme/User data/ game name?/select the track/ and past the setup - when u open that track and select a car to which the setup fits. then click Garage1 you will notice a setup. click on it and hit LOAD button.

Hope u get this
HI John, I Thank you for the answer on this I wasn't exactly sure what I needed to do to put a setup in there. Thanks again.

I found I improved my time at interlagos by 2 seconds using this setup vs the default one.

Thx for your tips!

To which laptime did you improve so far? I'm new to GSC and only drove the V8 at Interlagos with the trial version for a few days. With very few changes to the base setup I could manage high 1:35's. (I think I'm gonna buy the game soon)

In the past I often noticed that making a car more comfortable to drive, it didn't automatically make it faster...

Thx for your tips!

To which laptime did you improve so far? I'm new to GSC and only drove the V8 at Interlagos with the trial version for a few days. With very few changes to the base setup I could manage high 1:35's. (I think I'm gonna buy the game soon)

In the past I often noticed that making a car more comfortable to drive, it didn't automatically make it faster...

Wow you are fast sir, my best is only 1:38.3 with this setup. With the base setup I was only hitting 1:40's. Would be interested to hear if you can improve your time with my setup.

I'm going to purchase GSC tonight, so I'll give it a go soon. Hope to remember to let you know then. ;)

Btw is the grip reference a qualy session? I'm asking because I expect to be the most grip in qualy so that's the session I always try to hit the best lap time. In a 5 lap sprint race I even drove a slightly faster lap but I used boost on the s/f-straight, so I wouldn't consider race laps...

@Mid-pack Jack, hey so for how long are u still going to blame me, FOR PIT STOP actualy u also should have read the rules and regulations concerning the race. I am a total newbe to GSCE . when we raced in Race07 and there was 2 pit stops listed it ment 2 pit stops. hope this will now put an end to Your Pit stop theory Andy
Thanks

Hello,

Can you please guys tell me what do you think of my setup. I've managed 1:41:1 so far with Qualify tires, but I'm loosing like 0.6 sec in the last chicane comparing to the AI at 105% in practice session (where they're at their best)

Any advices would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• FClassic_Qual.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 450
Sharing set up files is nice. Its fantastic in fact. You can check out a whole slew of someone's changes with one button press. However its also annoying as hell to decipher if you want to figure out the logic of something that somebody has done.

How can I tell the difference between somebody who changes his set up intelligently, progressively, and in response to previous changes and somebody who just clicks randomly?

I know many just want to find a better set up, drop it in, and be done with it. That'll always be there for you, but for the rest of you who know wtf you're talking about please... I'm begging you, describe your changes.

Its kind of the old give a man a fish, teach a man to fish thing. If you just drop the file here nobody learns anything except through laborious examination of changes, then driving, and not being able to be sure how every change adds up is so time consuming its hard to learn quickly and we're not benefiting from one another's education, not in the sense of learning anything, all we get instead is a file.

Those who describe the changes they made, the results of those changes, the reasons they made the changes, and how those changes affect other characteristics of the car and the changes that need to be made to balance those results out AND how that makes sense in the context of the track are so much more valuable to me than a file.

So, just like... a few words to go with the set up file, like... 5% of what I've written here will do.

TL: DR - Sharing set up changes isn't as useful as explaining set up changes.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Here is Metalmoro setup for Spielberg track. Since I haven´t driven this car seriously before, this is just somekind of basic setup, where I tried to catch happy tail in corners and set stability during acceleration. I hope it will fit at least to somebody for Friday˙s race :)

mod edit - link removed, you can attached a .svm file to the post, which I have done for you

edit:
Just a small upgrade. Go lower with both front Bumps and Rebounds for click or two and also lower rear spring rate under 200. Car is now a bit understeary at the exits from corners, but overall feeling is much better :)

Attachments

• Mentalmoro #27.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 425
Last edited by a moderator:
As sim racers I think what you will find is that there is no one real definitive genius out there when it comes to virtual setups and perhaps this is why the explanation of changes is lacking. Let's take an Alien driver from among us as an example. I've asked for their setups and have received them, only to find out I can't drive the car worth a damn with their setup, yet they're as fast as all heck with that setup. When I've asked why the changes in setup, I typically receive the same response; "it just feels good". No rhyme or reasons given.

I have since studied the art of chassis setup (through books, videos and tutorials) to gain the best mechanical grip from a car in the sims that we use. Based on these experiences, I've concluded one thing, most sims react the same to setup changes. Again, this is my own personal experience.

But to address your request for explanations as to why certain changes are made? I believe that the most popular response if most are honest will be that they don't know.

Just my two.

@P*Funk

first i would invite you to download and print that setup guide, i've been using it for 8 years now and i learned alot with it and it will help you understand more easely why they have made the changes they have made. as for the what your asking well if the person that have shared a setup actually knows what they are doing it would be a very long post to explain the changes made as its all depend on the driving style of the person, his driving skills and his setup preferences. as an example i have an agressive driving style meaning i'm agressive with my steering and pedal input, i somehow lack control skills so my setup tend to be on the understreering side while the majority of drivers prefer a more oversteering setup so all my setups are made in that optic.

you have to understand that a setup is very personnal to the person according to what i mentionned so for me its always better to learn to make your own setup then using one from someone else and the best way to do that for me is to race online here at RD and talk with the fast guy and you can even ask to one of them if they can coach you i know i did it a few times.

Click this link to download the setup guide

I honestly don't understand why its gotta be as complicated as you say.

An example of what I want is this: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/default-v8-setup.104440/

I'm not asking someone to explain the black art of heave suspension every time they post, its just bloody annoying downloading a set up and having no idea how it varies from the default without having to stare at it for 10 minutes and bounce between it and the default. That alone wastes much of my time trying to understand even what the changes are nevermind how they affect the car.

Further, yes I've read the set up guide but every car is different and every default set up is different. How they respond to certain changes is specific whereas the rules of thumb for making general changes are just that - general. So by having people explain their changes better its easier to try and piece together the tendencies of a car and how it responds to changes without having to spend hours doing it.

I don't want essays, at the very least I just want a catalog of the changes made. This not only helps to understand how a car responds to changes it means I can actually reject people's set ups that I know from my own experience aren't my style or don't do what I want it to.

I'm not some confused noob, I'm just a guy that wants people to document their set ups marginally better and the better they understand them the more info they can share but regardless of why they do it everyone should at least be able to list the changes made.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back