1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Default V8 setup

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Setups' started by Rapala, Apr 23, 2015.

1. I've found the default V8 setup has the following undesirable characteristics:
    - understeer on corner entry
    - oversteer on corner exit often leading to loss of control if you make a small mistake of giving it a touch too much throttle

Too try and counteract this I've made the following setup with the following adjustments:
    - softened front anti roll bar for improved front grip and corner entry
    - also softened front dampers for same effect

- reduced power diff lock to 18 degrees to help with corner exit and make it not so sensitive to throttle
    - softened rear dampers to help with grip on corner exit
    - lowered rear tyre pressures a tad to help with corner exit grip
    -increased steering lock to 24 degrees to help with counter steer if u get into a slide

other:
    -brake pressure 100% and bias at 66. I find you can use full brakes at speed without locking up and then slowly lift as the car slows down for optimal braking without lockups
    - reduced ride height 1cm, lower is faster right?

Wing can then be adjusted as per track. I found I improved my time at interlagos by 2 seconds using this setup vs the default one. If anyone has any further suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. It would be fun if people would share the details of their setups as you have, descriptively, instead of just dumping a set up file with no commentary.

I find the discussion helpful.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Danny Walker

Danny Walker
    0l' stone

I have a question, Please. How can I put this or any other Setup into my GSCE folder when I'm running it in Steam? What is the correct file path for it? I'm not very Good at working with these PC's:( Please any Help would be Greatly Appreciated on this. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

4. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

Go to c: steam/steam apps/common/Stock car extreme/User data/ game name?/select the track/ and past the setup - when u open that track and select a car to which the setup fits. then click Garage1 you will notice a setup. click on it and hit LOAD button.

Hope u get this

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Danny Walker

Danny Walker
    0l' stone

HI John, I Thank you for the answer on this I wasn't exactly sure what I needed to do to put a setup in there. Thanks again.

6. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Thx for your tips!

To which laptime did you improve so far? I'm new to GSC and only drove the V8 at Interlagos with the trial version for a few days. With very few changes to the base setup I could manage high 1:35's. (I think I'm gonna buy the game soon)

In the past I often noticed that making a car more comfortable to drive, it didn't automatically make it faster...

7. John Grant

John Grant

@Reik Major, Hi good to see u interested in GSCE it great compared to Race07 . just need to get used to a few things, and the default setups are real good very few changes to be made, Hope to see u on soon

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Pits stops most importantly John. ;) :)

9. Wow you are fast sir, my best is only 1:38.3 with this setup. With the base setup I was only hitting 1:40's. Would be interested to hear if you can improve your time with my setup.

10. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I'm going to purchase GSC tonight, so I'll give it a go soon. Hope to remember to let you know then. ;)

Btw is the grip reference a qualy session? I'm asking because I expect to be the most grip in qualy so that's the session I always try to hit the best lap time. In a 5 lap sprint race I even drove a slightly faster lap but I used boost on the s/f-straight, so I wouldn't consider race laps...

11. Not really sure what you mean cos i don't think track conditions change from quali to race. I used the same setup for both, just using less fuel in quali.

12. John Grant

John Grant

@Mid-pack Jack, hey so for how long are u still going to blame me, FOR PIT STOP actualy u also should have read the rules and regulations concerning the race. I am a total newbe to GSCE . when we raced in Race07 and there was 2 pit stops listed it ment 2 pit stops. hope this will now put an end to Your Pit stop theory Andy
    Thanks

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Cheers for the share ...;)

14. tpw

tpw

Great setup. Actually being able to turn into corners is a great thing!

15. This setup does not show up for me. I am thinking that it is because you have changed the diff lock setting as on my instill this is locked off in the settings.

Can anybody help please.

16. This is for the V8's, not the super V8's. Are you looking at the wrong car by any chance as the super V8's have the diff lock disabled (sadly).

17. Yeah it seems I am looking at the wrong car lol. You would not happen to know of a good setup for the Super v8s? It would be a big help. Thanks anyway bud.

18. heh heh thought so. The default is pretty good, but I'll post one later for u.

19. That's very kind of you. Thanks :)

20. ok, super v8 baseline in a new thread. enjoy. :)

• Like Like x 1