AC Formula-3 @ Silverstone International - Sunday February 14th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
formula-3-jpg.111920

Ahoy, Open Wheel action @ Silverstone, different layout? We got it!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 (US)
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Car: Formula-3 (download here)
Track: Silverstone International
Track Condition: 95% grip (fast improving)

Booking: N/A - Pickup Mode
Practice: 18:00 CST | 00:00 GMT (on 15/02) | 11:00 AEST (on 15/02) (45 minutes)
Qualifying:
18:45 CST | 00:45 GMT (on 15/02) | 11:45 AEST (on 15/02) (15 minutes)
Race:
19:00 CST | 01:00 GMT (on 15/02) | 12:00 AEST (on 15/02) (22 laps)

Entry List
  1. Lorenzo Bonder
  2. Ryan
  3. Bogman*
  4. slowpoke
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
Practice: 18:00 CST | 00:00 GMT (on 13/02) | 11:00 AEST (on 13/02) (45 minutes)
Qualifying:
18:45 CST | 00:45 GMT (on 15/02) | 11:45 AEST (on 13/02) (15 minutes)
Race:
19:00 CST | 01:00 GMT (on 15/02) | 12:00 AEST (on 13/02) (22 laps)

GMT is having two days of practice?? :p
I believe all 13's should be 14's (Except GMT, 15 on that one)

Sorry for my absence recently. It's been pretty hectic for me.
Please put me down as tentative but will definitely try to make it.

Not to worry @Bogman ! We all take small sabbaticals here and there. Is this going to be your first time in the F3's?

Not my first time, Ryan. I've raced these with Lorenzo before. Great car, especially since I prefer OWs.
This club race will also be a bit of practice for the upcoming Australian F3 championship that somehow I convinced myself I could do at 4AM my local time.

I'm just a bit out of practice right now. I joined the RDGPC practice server in the last week or so, but I'm having some problems getting these medium tires up to operating temperatures in the cold settings of Silverstone. I just haven't had time to think about the setup. I get negatively affected by understeer and with the fronts lacking temperature, the turn-in is horrible - at least for me. Anyway, it's a great car though.

Hope to see you all tonight.

Please put me down as a maybe. I'll seriously try to make this one. Never ran the F'3 before, should be interesting.
Get in on this @slowpoke ! The F3's are arguably one of the finest mods for Assetto Corsa and huge fun anywhere we take them. The racing is always good too because the speeds aren't insane.

@Bogman it certainly was. I thought I may have had a run on you through T1 at the start but Lorenzo's push had me consider discretion as the better part of valor in that situation. It's amazing how a race can unfold even when just chasing a gap. I found myself picking up speed just trying to catch you and I learned a lot in those laps that I didn't get in practice and qualy. It's amazing the pace you discover when you have a target to shoot at :D

@Bogman it certainly was. I thought I may have had a run on you through T1 at the start but Lorenzo's push had me consider discretion as the better part of valor in that situation. It's amazing how a race can unfold even when just chasing a gap. I found myself picking up speed just trying to catch you and I learned a lot in those laps that I didn't get in practice and qualy. It's amazing the pace you discover when you have a target to shoot at :D

I finally managed a bit more time with the setup for a cold track. It's starting to feel a bit closer to my liking, but I still need to work on it. Hope to see you on track soon.

I finally managed a bit more time with the setup for a cold track. It's starting to feel a bit closer to my liking, but I still need to work on it. Hope to see you on track soon.
C'mon brother. You and I both know you will always need to work on it. It's never perfect :sneaky:. I look forward to a contest where we're more closely matched. I like making new battle buddies!

C'mon brother. You and I both know you will always need to work on it. It's never perfect :sneaky:. I look forward to a contest where we're more closely matched. I like making new battle buddies!

You got it. I really enjoyed sharing the track with you, so I'm sure we'll have these battles soon enough.

I'm going to try to focus on getting ready for the AUS F3 championship, though the 4AM start will be hard to accept. I'm sure I will drop at least 0.5 sec just from being half-asleep. I signed up late for it and I'm only a reserve for now, but if I end up making most of the races then that will take most of my reserved simracing time. With that said, I will try to join as many US club races as possible. Let's keep in touch and I will see you on track sooner rather than later!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back