Ford Falcon Rallye + Ferrari 275 GTB - Imola - Thu 18th Nov

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed
Vehicles:
Race1: Ford Falcon Rallye Sprint (download)
Race2: Ferrari 275 GTB​
Track: Imola (default)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 12 mins - (one timed lap attempt)
Race: 11 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Please use the GTC65 skinpack for the Ferrari / default skins that come with the Falcon mod

I enjoyed both cars (and the track).. found them challenging on the course but fun to drive.

Race1. I started pretty good for me but half way through completely fell apart. Thanks to Carlos for staying with me for a while. Carlos I was trying to let you go by after our little bump in the second chicane (when I slowed) and you got bumped into me. I guess I should have kept going. After that we had a good little battle for a while and when you slowed for me I got confused and fell apart big time. I appreciate the effort but I was useless at that point for some reason..LOL. Sorry to Artur for the little bump at the little chicane... had brakes on big time, but too no good. Sorry to Bob for coming across in front of you at the last chicane. No excuse for that move...poor judgment. I hope it didn't affect your final position.
Race 2. Really wasn't prepared for this car but no big deal. It was a chance to get some more experience. I started slow and finished slow but was not lapped.

Senad you had a tough night. I missed your challenges. Next time you'll be fast as hell. Thanks to Bob for both car setups.

Cheers to Nigel for two firsts , to Bob for two seconds, and to Gary for two thirds ... if I'm correct there.
Cheers to all racers.
Thanks to Stu/ Carlos for the events.

Senad you had a tough night. I missed your challenges. Next time you'll be fast as hell.

You made some significant improvements over these past few weeks, but there's always hope.

And a couple of random screenshots:

Jack, Carlos and myself. I bumped Carlos, he bumped Jack, Jack ended on his roof on the side of the road :sorry:

gtl2010111901312757.jpg

Jack and Artur had a close encounter, and I managed to sneak through

gtl2010111901350413.jpg

Stuart and Gary, bad luck there.

gtl2010111901363459.jpg

Jack passing me on the inside on lap 1, and then disappearing in the distance.

gtl2010111901385702.jpg

Never driven the Falcon before. I really liked the sound of the motor. It's also pretty darn quick, the times between it and the 275 weren't very far off.

Race1) No worries about what happened Senad, it was really my fault for getting over to Jack's right side so abruptly, that's why I waited for you and Jack after the incident. After that I had a great time with Jack who was doing a fantastic job of holding on to his position. But after a few laps he started to go off the track over and over again (what happened? you were doing great.) I waited for him and kept him company a few times but this one time he got really stuck in the sand and I had to go on. I was pretty lonely after that.

Race2) Spent most of the race trying to keep up with Lenno, who I think was driving a bit slow and giving me false hope. If that's the case, you are an evil man Lenno lol. It was loads of fun trying to catch him but then my tires started to go and I wiped out and Lenno was gone for good.

I must admit that Imola isn't one of my favorites, but I really onjoyed driving both of these cars there tonight. Nice combo Thommo :good:

Thanks to Thommo for setting it up and to all who showed up and helped fill the grid.

Sorry about jumping out in R2 last night. Losing the FFB was horrible, and apols to Lenno for the touch - I just couldn't feel myself sliding, and couldn't see I was until it was too late :frown:

While my pace in the 275 was there or thereabouts, I'd have been a massive liability in there not knowing until too late what the cars was actually doing, so I jumped out to make sure I didn't compromise anyone elses race.

Other than that, I thought it went well.

We found out that the Falcon's double quick on the straights, but it's tyres don't so much gradually degrade, as pack up and go on holiday after 20 mins or so.

We also found out that Nige lurves the Fezza :good:

A bit of a home coming for me in the Falcon,me truly a payed up memeber of the Falconeering Society,so these lovely new properly functional brakes and more nimble feeling were a treat,enjoyed hugely working my way past Stu then Nige and then on my first clear lap i decided to check the timing split at sector one which pops up just about the braking zone for the hairpin,i duly brake too late and trip off in to the gravel :D,Nige is through and i recover out the gravel with a good run up the hill almost aside Stu,i get the little voice thingy saying "just back out now and consider yourself lucky to be back in the hunt in 3rd again with no real harm done"....such a sensible little voice that is eh?...i ignore it ofcourse and keep my welly in with visions of an outside pass,but we tangle at the small right kink before the big left hander and Stu neatly wraps around my bonnet and off to the right,wait and get going annoyed a bit at not taking the opportunity to just back out.......
The Ferrari just felt like an odd little bird really and i found it really hard to adjust to the radically different driving style it needed,i did eventually start to get the hang of it by about lap 8of12 :D.

Thank You Stu/Carlos & RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back