Force India Boss Mallya Arrested in London

It really is, and with so many different manafacturers out there, we could see a big name hit the sport for either the first time, or returning to the sport after lying dormant. Of course Aston Martin and Jaguar, big names that most people would like to see back, however I would not be upset if we see Alfa Romeo or even BMW buy out the team. Anything new will create an interesting time for F1, and with such a sold base of a car and team already, we may see a large name hit the shelf. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

I don't believe BMW would buy out the team, no reason to waste hundreds of millions of dollars just to finish every week behind Mercedes. Now Honda would actually make a lot more sense, they might learn quite a bit from Force India, but I doubt the FIA would allow it. I think logically it will be another privateer with deep pockets like Gene Haas. It's really a shame because this team constantly outperforms expectations.

Much as it would be nice to see, Jaguar will not be returning to F1.

The current owners have admitted they have no major interest in motorsport programmes, they've dipped into Formula E (which I admit did surprise me) because they wanted to support new technologies and green energy racing.

That's partly the reason why there's been no GT3 car, Emil Frey are trying to get support from the factory for the F-Type GT3 project (and I think they're nearly there). However there have been murmurings of a GT4 variant so we'll see what happens over the next 12 months.

If we are dreaming though, I would love to see Lamborghini back in F1. Ok, no glorious V12 but it would be cool to have that name back again. Obviously there's an Audi motorsport link as well.

Much as it would be nice to see, Jaguar will not be returning to F1.

The current owners have admitted they have no major interest in motorsport programmes, they've dipped into Formula E (which I admit did surprise me) because they wanted to support new technologies and green energy racing.

That's partly the reason why there's been no GT3 car, Emil Frey are trying to get support from the factory for the F-Type GT3 project (and I think they're nearly there). However there have been murmurings of a GT4 variant so we'll see what happens over the next 12 months.

If we are dreaming though, I would love to see Lamborghini back in F1. Ok, no glorious V12 but it would be cool to have that name back again. Obviously there's an Audi motorsport link as well.

Audi would be awesome to see as well but for the same reason as BMW it is doubtful a company with a racing pedigree like Audi would want to take a Mercedes a$$ whipping every race. As you stated I think you will see more of these companies dipping their toes into green energy racing.
The bottom line truth is that shifty people always know more shifty people and they keep these drowning rats afloat, in all likelihood Mallya the Playa will bounce back and noting of merit will happen with this under rated , often over achieving team this season.

And that is how Alfa Romeo got back in F1, kids :coffee:

i love the thought of this, rather than having the alfa logo on the engine cover of the Ferraris like some strange afterthought, Fiat should pony up...:p...and make it happen, get Giovinazzi in there for starters, give Ferrari a proper satellite team, grow the Ferrari Driver Academy, and me the chance to cheer a make i and my family have driven for as long as i can remember.

Wouldn't know who to add beyond that though....Enzo Fittipaldi doesn't look too promising to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back