GT5 Force Freedback?

Just bought the Driving Force GT Racing Wheel and first of it is amazing. However I am not used to anything besides a game pad and vibration. So I always thought that force feedback was vibration. I must be really wrong because when I went to race with the wheel it kept jerking all over the place like it wanted to dive itself. Idk if that is ffb or not.

So a response which tells me what ffb is and if that is what I described. I'm not filled with confidence because when I picked it up from the local store the guy dropped the box on the floor.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

EDIT: ik I spelled the title wrong, im on my iPhone which is lagging.

Force Feedback is designed to try and simulate some of the forces you would experience when you drive a real car. It gives you information about what the car is doing, going some way to making up for the lack of g-forces and other affects that you would normally feel when driving.

That is why when you turn a corner the wheel 'pulls' in the opposite direction... it's the tyres gripping the road and trying to straighten up, like they do in real life. When the car loses grip the wheel goes light and floaty, because your tyres are just sliding across the tarmac. When you hit a curb the wheel will jolt and vibrate. Etc etc etc.

Far too strong. Impossible to be precise when you're physically fighting the wheel all the time. It needs to be strong enough to feel the forces and determine what your car is doing, but not so strong that the wheel is able to pull you off course slightly.

For both my DFGT and G27, anything higher than 1 is much to strong. I'd set it even lower if I could... maybe 0.75 would be about perfect.

Another question, using the red dial on the wheel. I found. It helpful during a race but are those all the options which can be programmed to work with the dial? Also is that dial only for use with GT5 or will it work for F1 2011 also?

... are those all the options which can be programmed to work with the dial?

The driving assists and brake bias are the only car features that can be modified by using the dial, yes. You might be able to remap the dial itself to do something else like operate your headlights or something though... I can't remember.

Also is that dial only for use with GT5 or will it work for F1 2011 also?

The dial can be used in various games. In PC sims (including F1 2011) it can be mapped to whatever you like. However, support in other console sims it is likely a bit hit and miss. If the sim allows you to set your own controls then it'll probably work, but I doubt any other game uses the dial by default. The DFGT was the official wheel for GT5, after all.

Okay because when i am trying to correct for oversteer I don't judge the correct amount of opposite lock to put in and by the time I turn the wheel enough to correct it I don't have enough time to turn it back to the right amount of lock to turn around the corner.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back