Force Feedback Strength Weak (Official iRacing's G27 settings)

I finally signed up for iRacing 2 days ago :)

Anyway, I've been reading through the beginners guide about wheel settings.
It recommends a Force Feedback strength of 7-12 for the G27.

Am I the only one who thinks that is extremely weak?
I have my Logitech settings @ 107% everything else 0%, but I'm finding in game FF strength the most realistic between 20-26%

I'd really like to hear what others racers find a realistic strength.

Also in the beginners guide the lock to lock range is set to 900' but the only way to achieve that is to not turn the wheel when the calibration requests you to turn wheel 90' left, I usually turn it till it says 810'. Is this correct?

It depends on personal preference and you can save your settings in game for each car. Some cars have power steering like the Solstice, so I turn that up a bit. Others like the Indycar don't have power steering and it's much stronger to manhandle that car around, so I make it lower.

Also, you can even use the Atlas or Motec software to see if you are clipping your FFB at certain settings. I run anywhere from 6 to 24 depending on the car. I don't want clipping and don't see the need to wear out my arms and wear out my FFB motors. Lower is better, IMO, but it's personal preference.

I don't need a wrist injury, I just need to feel the FFB forces through the wheel.

I agree about the arms getting tired!! :)
I really enjoy a setting of 20 for the cars with power steering, It feels fairly realistic to me.

I've been using ATLAS but didn't realise it could should FF data, thanks fors the heads up on that :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back