rF2 Flat6 Series vs. Ferrari Challenge @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Friday 29th January 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys, some nice events being posted.
I am out for a couple of weeks till my OSSW kit arrives and I figure out what it all means and how it is attached.
Expect a full report (but you know that anyway).

Those cars are my personal hell, but my g/f got ladies weekend and i need to race! :)

But could somebody please provide a "comfortable" setup for the Porsche?
I'm totally screwed there, spinning, sliding all over the place.
This car isn't able to put the power down on the track, which rear wing settings do you guys use? 25? :D

Or just veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery light on the accelerator?
My Porsche spins out way before the TC even gets activated...
In my experience with the Flat 6 the defaults are quite nice and not easy to improve, plus you cant change a whole lot.
If you are getting oversteer lower the rear ARB. If its understeer lower the front ARB. One click will change the balance as its balanced quite well.
To manage high speed corner over / understeer by increasing or decreasing the rear wing a click.
I use throttle sensitivity in the game controller menu at 65%.

Those cars are my personal hell, but my g/f got ladies weekend and i need to race! :)

But could somebody please provide a "comfortable" setup for the Porsche?
I'm totally screwed there, spinning, sliding all over the place.
This car isn't able to put the power down on the track, which rear wing settings do you guys use? 25? :D

Or just veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery light on the accelerator?
My Porsche spins out way before the TC even gets activated...
You will get used to it. At the beginning I droped the rear ARB a bit. I wouldn't increase the rear wing. Actually lower settings seem to suit most tracks (no idea for mosport as I never driven it). Your right foot seems to be very heavy :D Maybe you want to give the Formula ISI or Formual Renault 3.5 a spin for 20 minutes. After that the Flat6 should feel like driving with TC :D

I start getting better a bit, still weird spins that shouldn't happen in a modern race car.
AI also can't drive that beast - my test race starts were always very interesting :D

Will try dropping the rear ARB as i'm absolutely no drift maniac.

UPDATE:
Lowering the rear ARB does already help a lot!
Thanks for that.
Really need to start learning what all those setup options do to my cars :D

Last edited:
I start getting better a bit, still weird spins that shouldn't happen in a modern race car.
AI also can't drive that beast - my test race starts were always very interesting :D

Will try dropping the rear ARB as i'm absolutely no drift maniac.

UPDATE:
Lowering the rear ARB does already help a lot!
Thanks for that.
Really need to start learning what all those setup options do to my cars :D
Some plonker wrote a guide.

As i started fiddling around with setups in F1GP and even more so in GP2, i've read plenty setup guides already. Just that it doesn't help a lot :)

Too much data, too little knowledge.

Something like "If you want to stop ice skating with the Porsche, lower rear ARB" is exactly the information i need :)

That's it - i'm done with this mod forever.
Even the Sweden Rally offers more grip than those Porsches.

I can understand that it's fun for those who are drift-heads, but for me that thing has nothing to do with a race car. A little bump and off you go. Over a crest? Enjoy your spin.
And allows less "aggressive" pedal play than in a Formula car.

Not my thing. I gave it a go for about 100 laps, just not my thing :)

Never drove the track before warm-up and it is quite a challange. Messed up in race one, but had loads of fun in race 2 the Ferraris were a lot of fun to battle.

@xnorb I dont know if you overcook the tires, but there is quite a load of grip, if you drive properly.
At the end I overdid it chasing Franklin on the last lap and made a massive powerslide :D

How to drift like a boss:

@xnorb I dont know if you overcook the tires
No, i spectated about everybody and i saw what happened in Practice and Race...
Everybody was countersteering like crazy, even the AI can't control those cars and slide all over the place.
But hey - might be great for the majority of people, just isn't for me.
At least i can say i gave it half a day and not judging prematurely :)

i was only able to take aprt in race 2 but it was very nice, i had a battle throughout the entire race with Sten, and at the final laps i was attacking Stefan and he went slightly sideways at the exit of a corner and i think i slgthly hit him and ade him spin, i'm not sure if i hit him but if i did him very sorry, i tried to wait, but since he wasn0t moving i thougth he was going to DNF, but he didn't so i eneded up not waiting for him, sorry again :(
Apart from this incident the race was great, with battles tduring the entire race, i could keep doing that 1 or 2 hours without getting bored, it was very nice, thank you for the race and see you next week :thumbsup:

This was good fun, thanks all :thumbsup:

This was really a good session for me. Quali 5th and only (in my perspective) 2 sec off P1, 6th and 5th in the races, all in all my best ever. I'm also starting to find a good consistency in the races (0.5 - 0.6 sec average deviation from my fastest lap) and my fastest lap in race one was faster than my quali :D.

I'm really getting comfortable with and starting to love the Flat6 . I'm also quite comfortable with the modern formula cars so there might be some similarity in car handling (still struggling a lot with the GT cars though). Got a setup a couple of weeks ago that really suits me so I can straighten oversteer with throttle (carefully) and use a nudge of brakes to handle understeer and promote turn in.

For the first time since I started club racing in August last year I really felt that I was in the race and ra-a-a-cing.:D:D:D

Had some really good racing especially with Franklin and Rui, thanks guys :thumbsup:

See you

No, i spectated about everybody and i saw what happened in Practice and Race...
Everybody was countersteering like crazy, even the AI can't control those cars and slide all over the place.
But hey - might be great for the majority of people, just isn't for me.
At least i can say i gave it half a day and not judging prematurely :)
What sort of wheel do you have?
I ask this as i spent 5 years or so selling Porsche cars, owned a 1981 911SC and drove several 911 on the track in timed events as well as track days, in my experience this mod is the closest yet to reality. Maybe its the rear engine/mass thats unfamiliar? If you are used to front engined cars you need to drive these like you have a couple of bags of cement in the rear.

Using a G27.
Might very much be connected to the mass being so far behind in the car.
With many people loving to be challenged by the car rather than the track / race going on around them i can see why this mod is so appealing to many, but i prefer focusing on racing rather than fighting the car all the time :)

Just like in FPS games i prefer lower bullet damage like in Quake than quick deaths as in Arma/Insurgency.

But hooray on diversity, having so many options that everybody can drive what he loves to drive in such a small niche market as the simracing one is absolutely stunning and really great.

I had really fun driving the Ferrari, as I don't like to drive the Porsche as it's too unstable for my driving style.
I was so surprised to be starting in 3rd, but the aliens didn't qualify, so I would have been at least 3 more places back in the much slower Ferrari.
I had a pretty good start and could stay in 3rd for a very long time with Porsches pushing hard. After a wrong gear shift lost 3rd position, but could keep Franklin behind and finished in 4th.

Second race was a different one. Was out of the groove somehow. Had a great battle with Freddy, but after some laps I missed a gear and went very wide in the second corner. Freddy and Phil could pass me. I could get on Phil's tail. In the first corner I felt he went too wide, so I dived to the inside corner, but he cut back, so I slammed in the wall. I had suspension damage and lost at least 1.5seconds a lap. Sten and Rui were gaining on me fast in their quicker Porsches. I had trouble controlling my car. When coming out of the slow double right handers I almost lost it and the bump from Run made me visit another wall. As there was only 1 minute left and being last in the slowest and damage car I drove slowly to the pit to end my race.

The Ferrari is a lot of fun to drive and I hope we will see it again. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back