First D Class win Last night

I'd been playing around in the SK's and the Late models so far this season. Since there was no SK racing today i decided to join the late models at Bristol.

Borrowed a good set up and had run TT to practice, well you may as well get SR whilst you are practicing. I'd run Bristol in the SK and new the technique. Ran a quali before the 2:15 race and ran a 16.57X. Joined the race ans was sitting on pole. Got a good jump on 2&3 off the last corner before the green. Second lap a pit row starter pulled right in front of me and i had to back out for a long time to avoid the crash. Back down to third. Picked up second when the 2nd place driver misjudged a pass on a "blue" car. finished there.

NOt content with losing a pole start when I was the fastest on the track. I stayed on for the 4.15 race. Started 2nd. Stayed close to the leader off the start and was keeping pace with him occasionally closing comfortable the whole time. Eventually on lap 7 he spins out on the exit of 2 and I take first. he must have been pushing harder than I thought. Built up a 7 second lead which meant that passing "blue" cars was a matter of patience. Led the remaining 43 laps and my race lap time was up there with the top split drivers.

Very good driving from the lapped cars. Thank goodness for the two good results. My SR had take a hefty pounding in the last race at Martinsville last Saturday. I'll run as many of these Bristol Races as I can to push my SR back over 3.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back