DiRT Rally Finland + controller (Xbox One)

Yeah, decided to play Dirt Rally again after almost completing Dirt 4 (zero patience for that Landrush Triple Crown), decided to face my biggest fear there: Finland. Those crazy jumps make experience insane even for a low powered car and honestly, nothing I move on the settings, controller or car setup, make my life easier: I still have to tip the brake after the jumps and still finish it [Edit: the stage... every stage] by almost losing control everywhere, I can barely control where my car will be, a few restarts usually needed. Usually I just skipped Finland, but I'm willing to learn anyway.

Is there a magic secret to play Finland well (and by that I don't mean necessarily fast, but consistent) in a joystick :)))? Even "driving" it feels like a nightmare every time.

Last edited:
My magic secret is to use an Xbox 360 controller or, better, a PS4 controller (with DS4Windows), playing with an Xbox One (non Elite) controller was a nightmare for me too.
Not only with DR: in my opinion both analog sticks and triggers are too much light and sensitive for driving games.
However I have two 1st gen Xbox One controllers, I don't know if later models were improved.

Last edited:
I use a Thrustmaster GPX gamepad, looks identical to an Xbox 360 controller.

It's the best gamepad I have found. The rear throttle and brake buttons have great resistance. I also use ebay rubber things to extend the height of the sticks for steering, gives a much longer steering range.

It works great with AC, Dirt Rally and Automobilista, once you get the right settings.

I only get 20 mins a day to race, so great to have this option.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back