AC FINISHED: Formula Agile Championship 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I don't want to steal anybody's secret, but I hadn't time to practice for as long as the entire race duration, and the tests were in half distance, so I was wondering whether someone has an idea about the need of replacing tyres in addition to refueling during the pitstop..

I don't want to steal anybody's secret, but I hadn't time to practice for as long as the entire race duration, and the tests were in half distance, so I was wondering whether someone has an idea about the need of replacing tyres in addition to refueling during the pitstop..
I'm going to refuel and tyre change halfway the race.

I'm going to refuel and tyre change halfway the race.
But his car is very sensitive for the driving style. I'm burning my tyres more than the average driver.
So for others a change of tyres is not necessary.

I see no report here so I'm starting with myself. Quite a frantic evening as I prepared all of my stuff but was warned by my son (that was using the PC before me) that the internet link was horrible. Tried to connect to the server with a couple minutes left before the quali but if was impossible. I realized that I hand't set the right password (I had forgot that the initial letter had to be uppercase), fixed and managed to connect, only to find that I had an outdated version of the track (2.1). I did all of my practicing offline in the weekend when the server wasn't available yet so I didn't found out before.
You can imagine how fast it was to download the track with such a bad connection, and in fact I managed to be ready with 5 minutes of practice remained and did not manage to set a good time. Add to this the fact that my ping was somewhere between 350 and 500 ms and you get the idea of how hard it's been to race and try not to harm anyone (apologies @bouka) and remain focused when everyone was drifting in front of me like if we were racing on Fujimi Kaido.
Had the usual focus loss at the 30 minutes mark, and made some errors that prevented me to continue battling (as much as I could) with Ramon @arathael
All in all, not a very good start but it was intense racing, also instructive to better understand how to manage the throttle carefully, something that wasn't so critical (it always is, don't get me wrong) on the Miata. This weekend I'm going to swap the throttle and clutch springs on the pedals to have a slightly stiffer action, I did it on the T3PA once, and it was worth the effort.
It was a shame seeing that many of us seem to have abandoned the race much before the end, I don't know the reason, I see that Ramon possibly had my very same issue with the ping, and also Jason was registered with high values but very low as well. I don't know about @Kek700

See you in a couple weeks!

I see no report here so I'm starting with myself. Quite a frantic evening as I prepared all of my stuff but was warned by my son (that was using the PC before me) that the internet link was horrible. Tried to connect to the server with a couple minutes left before the quali but if was impossible. I realized that I hand't set the right password (I had forgot that the initial letter had to be uppercase), fixed and managed to connect, only to find that I had an outdated version of the track (2.1). I did all of my practicing offline in the weekend when the server wasn't available yet so I didn't found out before.
You can imagine how fast it was to download the track with such a bad connection, and in fact I managed to be ready with 5 minutes of practice remained and did not manage to set a good time. Add to this the fact that my ping was somewhere between 350 and 500 ms and you get the idea of how hard it's been to race and try not to harm anyone (apologies @bouka) and remain focused when everyone was drifting in front of me like if we were racing on Fujimi Kaido.
Had the usual focus loss at the 30 minutes mark, and made some errors that prevented me to continue battling (as much as I could) with Ramon @arathael
All in all, not a very good start but it was intense racing, also instructive to better understand how to manage the throttle carefully, something that wasn't so critical (it always is, don't get me wrong) on the Miata. This weekend I'm going to swap the throttle and clutch springs on the pedals to have a slightly stiffer action, I did it on the T3PA once, and it was worth the effort.
It was a shame seeing that many of us seem to have abandoned the race much before the end, I don't know the reason, I see that Ramon possibly had my very same issue with the ping, and also Jason was registered with high values but very low as well. I don't know about @Kek700

See you in a couple weeks!
Hi Omar! We've posted reports in the thread of race 1.
That ping seems too big. Are you playing with WiFi or it's because you live far from the server location (Netherlands?) ?

Last edited:
Hi Omar! We've posted reports in the thread of race 1.
That ping seems too big. Are you playing with WiFi or it's because you live far from the server location (Netherlands?) ?
Oops! I'll copy my considerations there, then!! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I live and race from Italy, normally having lower pings (even though my FTTC connection is not ideal as I'm far from the cabinet, but I usually remain in the 30-130 range), and in order to solve the frequent disconnections I had when using WiFi, I recently installed a couple of Devolo Powerline adapters that, while very far from the spec speeds, seem to keep up with the Internet speed quite well, and proved to be stable enough to solve my disconnection problem. I don't know why I had those problems yesterday, but given that I had to download the track, I couldn't afford to reset the modem or the powerline devices. I will investigate during the weekend

I live and race from Italy, normally having lower pings (even though my FTTC connection is not ideal as I'm far from the cabinet, but I usually remain in the 30-130 range), and in order to solve the frequent disconnections I had when using WiFi, I recently installed a couple of Devolo Powerline adapters that, while very far from the spec speeds, seem to keep up with the Internet speed quite well, and proved to be stable enough to solve my disconnection problem. I don't know why I had those problems yesterday, but given that I had to download the track, I couldn't afford to reset the modem or the powerline devices. I will investigate during the weekend
@maxilogan I'm also using Devolo but I connected my computer via the ethernet connection from a Devolo adapter. It's very stable.
1677852147007.jpeg

Last edited:

I had a ~200 ms ping on Monday to all AC & ACC servers but not to rF2 servers and not to websites.
I've found out that my "work"-OneDrive decided to re-upload around 200 GB.
Paused it and the upload and the ping went back to sub 30 ms.

Browsings speeds etc. were not affected, as my PC managed to reduce the OneDrive speed when needed and the download was clear anyway. Which is why I couldn't find it until checking the network stuff in TaskManager.

I doubt that you have any uploads going on, but just as a general info: Kunos games hate background uploads :roflmao:

Reasons I'm not too fond of this car.
first, it is faster than me, it just is a chore with its frantic nature.
second, it is totally, for me, unpredictable, it locks fronts or rears in a very unexpected way, even though I have brake pressure at 80%.
Thirdly, it spins out in an instant, in a very random way, making one exit an immediate spin, next lap same corner, nothing, just grips.
fourthly, it is dull, has no personality, lapping by yourself is tedious, lapping with someone else, you are unable to race, you just have to be hypersensitive to the car spinning when you least expect it.
if it was an occasional race, I can live with it, but the thought of 23 races in this thing........:O_o::O_o:

Last edited:
Oh Ernie,

pour yourself o good one, mate :)

And yes, this car is a little fickle for me too.

Measures I took to "get along better" :

I use longest possible accelerator throw and I´m VERY sensitive about the correlation of gas/braking and steering. Full throttle/braking only with a straight steering.
It does trail braking but you have to roll into the throttle after every corner, unless the corner is fast enough for full aero load, than you can stomp the pedals :cool:
This got me twice at Portimao as someone had parked through the corner and at trackout I was to slow and aero deficient for my usual acceleration :poop:

Have you tried the setup I posted after Nürburgring?

Hope you stay with us Carsten

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies