Fiat Barchetta Riviera

To fix aspect ratio problems in widescreen, you need to tweak a couple values in Racer.ini.
Code:
  width=1920
  height=1080
  ; Surround Gaming (Matrox TripleHead2Go)
  ; Pixel aspect ratio; normally 1 (pixels onscreen are sized 1:1)
  aspect=1.333
  ; Rendering aspect; 1.333 for most VGA resolutions, 1.6 for example for a 1280x800 screen (Apple screens, 16:10). 0=automatic (width/height)
  render_aspect=1.333
16:9 is 4/3*4/3 so both get set to that value. I'm not sure why it works like this - from how it's described it should be 1.0 & 1.78. But then you get the squished dials.
W1cjv.jpg

It makes the needles shorter than they should be but at least the dials are round. Digital elements also don't necessarily line up the way they should due to spacing issues.

All that stuff needs fixing.

My screen is perfectly square pixels at 16:10 and I can't get anything dials wise to look right unless it's running a 4:3 resolution... that said I think if I run it native res full-screen it's ok, but native res windowed it's not.

I dunno, in any case, it needs fixing :)

Dave

Hi hierafas, your MSI motherboard is fine, but integrated graphics will not run well (or at all) new Racer Betas. Integrated graphics don't have enough processing power to properly run current Racer. Being ATI/Radeon doesn't help either. As your motherboard has PCI-E slot, adding a more powerful video card shouldn't be a problem. I would recommend at least nVidia GTS 450 or higher (GTX 550 Ti, GTX 460, GTX 560, GTX 560 Ti, etc.) Just make sure that your PC has power supply that is able to power whatever new video card you get..

Sorry for the recent inactivity! It is 2-3 things that keep me from finishing things:

- Racer doesn't run on my current PC, I need to upgrade it; so I need to test on a laptop
- I'm dog tired when I come back from work
- I am not very good in inis, physics, these works are less attractive to me, so I keep avoiding them

Anyway, the car is nearly done and needs only final tweaking. I will try to push things forward, the car will be released. :)

Sorry for the recent inactivity! It is 2-3 things that keep me from finishing things:

- Racer doesn't run on my current PC, I need to upgrade it; so I need to test on a laptop
- I'm dog tired when I come back from work
- I am not very good in inis, physics, these works are less attractive to me, so I keep avoiding them

Anyway, the car is nearly done and needs only final tweaking. I will try to push things forward, the car will be released. :)

Still looking forward to it :)

Hi mate,
Can't wait to see it and drive it! I have owned 3 barchetta, the one i have now is a blue milano from 2002 you can chek it in my youtube channel (Carsource) ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back