ffback steering vibrations to detect skidding

im experimenting for the first time tweaking ffback and i made a very interesting discovery:

steer vibes can be used to detect skidding better than the wheel becoming light

with the setup i have now i feel vibes in the wheel, the bigger the grip the more intensity and frecuency and indicate when youre close to lose grip by reducing

i have my g25 set in factory default this is how i set it up:

FFB Gain="0.37" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="1.000000e-020" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="12.5" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
i find that detecting skid by the wheel becoming lighter is bad for when it becomes light you give it unwanted unwilling input for it having no resistance
the problem with this setup is that in the previous to the last corner in raceroom default circuit i lose vibes for going to slow
i would like to increase the lower value of vibes and decrease the maximum but whatever i change doesnt work
anyone have experience with vibes to detect skidding?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back