DiRT Rally 2.0 FFB Fixed Dirt Rally 2.0 For Logitech G27

Revision 5
Dirt Rally 2.0 FFB Settings New Update

Create backup device_defines.xml or check integrity of the game files in steam
See my settings photo and try!!
These are highly tested and very balanced correction settings, they work perfectly in every surface and in any weather condition, sensing every single effect except the vibration of the motor the engine cars , I'm not sure if it's a limitation of motors missing in my unmodified g27.
If you want to create the zip backup don't leave it in the game directory but move it elsewhere.
Obviously those who are not interested in the modification to improve their experience of the ffb, unfortunately limited to dirt rally 2.0, do not write useless comments but comments only after actually testing the thing and possibly suggesting sensible improvements.
thanks a lot

Last edited:
Up
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ffb-fixed-dirt-rally-2-0-for-logitech-g27.167228/
People who say they feel the placebo effect and claim to be experts don't know what it is. Bye

This discussion is awesome.:thumbsup: Can you tell me, please, if with all the changes that you've done and the great feedback you get from the game, does the feel of FFB changes if you leave "Priorities" at default settings?
If "priority" settings really make that kind of difference, then I want to make my gamepad vibrate more than my already strong "CSL Elite PS4", and use that gamepad as buttkicker.;)
P.S. this game DR2 really sucks because of two major problems: no proper view adjustments and no proper FFB. It was obviously designed for consoles (used mostly with TVs) and gamepads in mind. I made a ,mistake buying Dirt4, and after this :poop:, no more CM for me. But original DirtRally is a best rally sim so far (i have over 1500 hrs in DR and over 1000 in RBR).

Last edited:
hello all,
I would like to first apologize for reviving this post...
Second, i came across it when i copy-pasted this (ffb_high_pass) into my web search. i was reading the annotations in green at the beginning of the file "device_defines.xml", and i wanted to see what that refers to setting wise.

A few months ago i wasn't very happy with the force feedback on my G27; after a bit of research on the internet i came across the fix of modifying the .xml file mentioned above.
here's my modified line:
<device id="{C29B046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="lg_g27" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_friction="3.8" ffb_force="1.6" />

THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO CHANGE IN THE XML FILE. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT EITHER CRASHES THE GAME, OR SIMPLY DOES NOTHING...

i had this setting now for a couple of months; it's been great, for me, it brought back a lot of the missing feedback in game.

I know these are personal settings, and might not fix it for everyone else, but if you are interested enough to read through my process of how i got it to work "FOR ME", then please read on.
When i read about the fix, i went directly to my pc and adjusted the parameters.
1- I initially started with friction at 5 and force at 10.
2- launched game, went to settings, recalibrated my wheel, and set the force feedback parameters in game to 100.
3- started a free play stage, played the entire stage, and made mental notes about what was happening.
of course there was a ton of clipping from the G27, so my aim was to eliminate that.
4- quit game; went back to .xml file; set friction 5 and removed the force parameter.
5- launched game; went for the same rally stage i did earlier played it with the same car and made metal notes about what was happening.
6- quit game; went back to .xml file; removed friction parameter and set force to 10.
7- launched game; went for the same rally stage i did earlier played it with the same car and made metal notes about what was happening.
"so basically from steps 4 till 7 i was trying to understand what each parameter was responsible for in game; one of them dictated the constant weight of the wheel while driving, and the other dictates the intensity of the forces"
8- before leaving the game, i tried to adjust the parameters of the force feedback from within the game settings. I noticed that i had to drop way to much to get it somewhere tolerable, and even then i noticed that modifying a parameter in game by just 1 number to get better results was causing the game to amplify too much the felt force. so i started a series of quitting the game - adjusting xml file - playing same stage with same car, until i reached a setting which allowed me to tweak things from inside the game.
9- after playing for a few hours with the same settings on different tracks, just to get used to it, i went back into the game force feedback settings. Set all the parameters to zero except for one of them i put at 100; went back to freeplay, loaded a stage and chose a car and played it. Then went back again to the settings, changed the 100 back to 0, and put another parameter 100, went back to that same stage, with same car, played.... until i had tried each setting individually to see what they actually did in game.

when i was doing going through each single parameter at a time,

10- i adjusted 2 paramters to be 100 and left the rest at 0; drove the stage, adjusted those forces until i was happy.
11- i added a 3rd parameter to the 2 mentioned above, drove the stage, adjusted it until i was happy...
point here being, i started adding the forces gradually to the point where i would get clipping form the wheel, and then i would dial it back down a bit.
so it was a game of push pull here and there, until i got to the point where i felt all the forces i wanted, without triggering clipping...

sorry if it was a long read, i hope this would guide you guys in the proper direction "for those who still haven't fixed the force feedback".

I haven't tested the ffb_high_pass parameter... i will after posting this.

hello all,
I would like to first apologize for reviving this post...
Second, i came across it when i copy-pasted this (ffb_high_pass) into my web search. i was reading the annotations in green at the beginning of the file "device_defines.xml", and i wanted to see what that refers to setting wise.

A few months ago i wasn't very happy with the force feedback on my G27; after a bit of research on the internet i came across the fix of modifying the .xml file mentioned above.
here's my modified line:
<device id="{C29B046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="lg_g27" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_friction="3.8" ffb_force="1.6" />

THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO CHANGE IN THE XML FILE. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT EITHER CRASHES THE GAME, OR SIMPLY DOES NOTHING...

i had this setting now for a couple of months; it's been great, for me, it brought back a lot of the missing feedback in game.

I know these are personal settings, and might not fix it for everyone else, but if you are interested enough to read through my process of how i got it to work "FOR ME", then please read on.
When i read about the fix, i went directly to my pc and adjusted the parameters.
1- I initially started with friction at 5 and force at 10.
2- launched game, went to settings, recalibrated my wheel, and set the force feedback parameters in game to 100.
3- started a free play stage, played the entire stage, and made mental notes about what was happening.
of course there was a ton of clipping from the G27, so my aim was to eliminate that.
4- quit game; went back to .xml file; set friction 5 and removed the force parameter.
5- launched game; went for the same rally stage i did earlier played it with the same car and made metal notes about what was happening.
6- quit game; went back to .xml file; removed friction parameter and set force to 10.
7- launched game; went for the same rally stage i did earlier played it with the same car and made metal notes about what was happening.
"so basically from steps 4 till 7 i was trying to understand what each parameter was responsible for in game; one of them dictated the constant weight of the wheel while driving, and the other dictates the intensity of the forces"
8- before leaving the game, i tried to adjust the parameters of the force feedback from within the game settings. I noticed that i had to drop way to much to get it somewhere tolerable, and even then i noticed that modifying a parameter in game by just 1 number to get better results was causing the game to amplify too much the felt force. so i started a series of quitting the game - adjusting xml file - playing same stage with same car, until i reached a setting which allowed me to tweak things from inside the game.
9- after playing for a few hours with the same settings on different tracks, just to get used to it, i went back into the game force feedback settings. Set all the parameters to zero except for one of them i put at 100; went back to freeplay, loaded a stage and chose a car and played it. Then went back again to the settings, changed the 100 back to 0, and put another parameter 100, went back to that same stage, with same car, played.... until i had tried each setting individually to see what they actually did in game.

when i was doing going through each single parameter at a time,

10- i adjusted 2 paramters to be 100 and left the rest at 0; drove the stage, adjusted those forces until i was happy.
11- i added a 3rd parameter to the 2 mentioned above, drove the stage, adjusted it until i was happy...
point here being, i started adding the forces gradually to the point where i would get clipping form the wheel, and then i would dial it back down a bit.
so it was a game of push pull here and there, until i got to the point where i felt all the forces i wanted, without triggering clipping...

sorry if it was a long read, i hope this would guide you guys in the proper direction "for those who still haven't fixed the force feedback".

I haven't tested the ffb_high_pass parameter... i will after posting this.
Could you post your profiler and ffb settings please. cheers

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies