DiRT Rally 2.0 FFB Fixed Dirt Rally 2.0 For Logitech G27

Revision 5
Dirt Rally 2.0 FFB Settings New Update

Create backup device_defines.xml or check integrity of the game files in steam
See my settings photo and try!!
These are highly tested and very balanced correction settings, they work perfectly in every surface and in any weather condition, sensing every single effect except the vibration of the motor the engine cars , I'm not sure if it's a limitation of motors missing in my unmodified g27.
If you want to create the zip backup don't leave it in the game directory but move it elsewhere.
Obviously those who are not interested in the modification to improve their experience of the ffb, unfortunately limited to dirt rally 2.0, do not write useless comments but comments only after actually testing the thing and possibly suggesting sensible improvements.
thanks a lot

Last edited:
Yeah, I never was all that great on that belief thing, especially when all reasonable evidence points to the contrary and the person responsible for a supposed miraculous fix can't even explain what his nonsensical settings do and refuses to do so, and instead gets incredibly defensive about how there's no need to explain and you just need to believe.

Smells like a load of... cattle manure, if you ask me.

Doesn't seem like I would get explanation of the ffb_high_pass thing...

Anyway, to ilborga:
The problem is that Martin and I care about this forum/community so if someone tries to "help" by stating a bunch a crap that's plain wrong, we try to tell the people exactly this.
Even if it's for free and with very good intentions we just don't like that there is wrong advice used by this community.

Your config is like this:
"hey people, when you want to do some awesome pulled pork in your oven, put the toaster on top of it, open a window and cut a banana in half and put it next to the toaster.
Then you bake it for multiple hours while watching the temperature.
(now you give an actual advice like the raised friction and the ffb_high_pass)
You should definitely buy a roasting thermometer!"

And now Martin and I intervened by saying "baking it for multiple hours and getting a roasting thermometer might be a good advice for such slow cooked food but the toaster on top of the oven and the banana next to the toaster are not really making sense!"

And you replied: "I tested it and the toaster and the banana on top of the oven do work! If you don't believe me just try it. I only wanna help people and get nothing from it so peace and shut up."

But.. Well... It's nice that you wanna help but sorry, putting the toaster on top of the oven while baking something won't do anything at all and the banana is just as useless. We don't need to try that for ourselves to know that...

But a lot of people have no clue how this all works so they will do like you say and will always put their toaster on the oven, a banana next to it and open a window when they wanna do slow cooked pulled pork.
Since their pulled pork might be delicious because of what you said about temperature, thermometer etc they will think the toaster and banana would be just as important and true...

Just because an advice is for free it doesn't mean it should be accepted "good".
That's a massive problem with the internet....

"that guy told me to buy a new cpu and I did this and it's exactly what I needed!"
A week later the same guy might tell that the poor chap would need a new case to have more fps from the graphics card.
And he would probably buy a new case...

So nope, I won't stop intervening when an advice doesn't make sense, sorry.

Anyway, I think we did this in here so I'll stop posting now.

As I said in the beginning, I still appreciate that you took your time to post in here and wanted to help people :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I never was all that great on that belief thing, especially when all reasonable evidence points to the contrary and the person responsible for a supposed miraculous fix can't even explain what his nonsensical settings do and refuses to do so, and instead gets incredibly defensive about how there's no need to explain and you just need to believe.

Smells like a load of... cattle manure, if you ask me.
If you can't understand what I've done and changed without you having tested it or not it's just your problems. Calling it a fix for me is correct since I now get the one I want. I repeat, those who want it try it, those who do not want to try it for me pretend not to have read it and turn the page. Theory and practice are two things split between them. Now I salute you and I hope you have understood that it is useless to continue to answer me.

If you can't understand what I've done and changed without you having tested it or not it's just your problems. Calling it a fix for me is correct since I now get the one I want. I repeat, those who want it try it, those who do not want to try it for me pretend not to have read it and turn the page. Theory and practice are two things split between them. Now I salute you and I hope you have understood that it is useless to continue to answer me.
Welcome to my ignore list ;)

So I guess we won't get an explanation of how the settings are supposed to work, because it's our own fault they don't seem to make much sense.

i-H2XKqdG.png

i-pBdpxnp.png

(I thought the first batch was it, but nope, I guess we're still going. I especially love the fact he even went to my own FFB thread to randomly disagree with something there.)

So I guess we won't get an explanation of how the settings are supposed to work, because it's our own fault they don't seem to make much sense.

i-H2XKqdG.png

i-pBdpxnp.png

(I thought the first batch was it, but nope, I guess we're still going. I especially love the fact he even went to my own FFB thread to randomly disagree with something there.)
I have explained the meaning to you, but since you believe everything I wrote is not my fault. Most likely we see the concept of different logic, patience. Having said that I have nothing else to add except what has already been said. I don't like the relatives, it was to make sure it didn't go beyond the replies to me that were irrelevant. The post is clear. Greetings

I have explained the meaning to you
I'm sorry, I must've missed it. Can you please quote the part where you explained what your settings do *exactly* and why you are using the values you are using for the specific devices? Similar to how I explained to you in fair amount of detail (or at least I'd like to think so) why the settings don't seem to make much sense? Thanks.

All I've seen was you explaining repeatedly that it doesn't matter what the settings are and why and only the end result matters. Meanwhile, the only person so far that tried your settings couldn't even get into the game.

All I've seen was you explaining repeatedly that it doesn't matter what the settings are and why and only the end result matters. Meanwhile, the only person so far that tried your settings couldn't even get into the game.
If your mouse or keyboard should not work, just change these 2 strings:
<device id="keyboard" name="keyboard" priority="200" type="keyboard" default="true" />
<device id="mouse" name="mouse" priority="200" type="mouse" default="true" />
But tell me a moment and I'm sorry, but what are you trying to achieve? Why should I tell you what I did and why I did it when you think it's all my illogical? Do you have the g27 to try and then possibly deepen this topic?

But tell me a moment and I'm sorry, but what are you trying to achieve?
I am desperately trying to get an actual useful explanation for your settings that don't seem to make much sense (for the reasons I've clearly explained), so we could all understand better what your supposed "fix" is actually doing so more people could benefit from it, and possibly also to help you improve it (which is kinda impossible unless you explain it). So far, we've only heard that it doesn't really matter what it does, as long as it works, and all your responses strongly suggest you actually don't know what you did and why, you just basically randomly stumbled upon something that possibly works for you.

Why should I tell you what I did and why I did it when you think it's all my illogical?
Well, if you have to ask why you should explain what you did and why, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. One would think it's in everyone's best interest if people who supposedly achieved something explain what they did and why, so - again - more can benefit from their work. I could in fact ask you a similar question - why should people care about what you supposedly did if you are not even willing/able to explain it to them?

I am desperately trying to get an actual useful explanation for your settings that don't seem to make much sense (for the reasons I've clearly explained), so we could all understand better what your supposed "fix" is actually doing so more people could benefit from it, and possibly also to help you improve it (which is kinda impossible unless you explain it). So far, we've only heard that it doesn't really matter what it does, as long as it works, and all your responses strongly suggest you actually don't know what you did and why, you just basically randomly stumbled upon something that possibly works for you.

Well, if you have to ask why you should explain what you did and why, then I honestly don't know what to tell you. One would think it's in everyone's best interest if people who supposedly achieved something explain what they did and why, so - again - more can benefit from their work. I could in fact ask you a similar question - why should people care about what you supposedly did if you are not even willing/able to explain it to them?
There is little to explain, everything was born wondering why driving with the xbox one controller alone I could feel forces that could not be heard in the steering wheel. Why? The fact is that this came to my mind: isn't it that dirt rally has branched and distributed the forces and / or vibrations in a more or less marked way for each individual device? Or started trying and trying again, giving higher and lower priorities in the individual devices and adding the well-known effects of the ffb. With this my illogical personal explanation I hope to have satisfied you. Good night

So you really do not have any idea what you are doing, gotcha. As also evidenced by the fact that now your first post contains significantly different XML settings than yesterday, for example with the Xinput wheel ffb_strength lowered from 10 to 1.5 (and the G27 raised from 1.0 to 1.5), as well as completely different ffb_high_pass settings (not that anybody seems to know what the setting actually does), but somehow your fix still works

Then again, it shouldn't be that surprising it still "works", not to anyone who is at least somewhat familiar with what the settings in the XML file do, unlike you, because all you've achieved is you basically just added the ffb_friction and ffb_high_pass to your G27 settings, where the ffb_friction was already reported weeks ago by some Logitech wheel users to make a difference for them - supposedly, unless they've been experiencing a placebo effect, which is all too easy to do when comparing different FFB feels - while I don't think anybody even knows what the ffb_high_pass setting does and it's not even used in any of the official input device definitions. And apart from that, you've only raised the FFB strength for your wheel by half, at least in this "new" version of your "fix", it was at default in the previous version, so it wasn't even relevant before. So it's highly likely your entire "fix" could be summed by "add the ffb_friction setting to your wheel" while leaving out all that device priority nonsense you seem to be so fixated upon.

But, I mean...if you are really so determined to think that tripling the priority of a device you were already using in the first place as your preferred device, as well as the priority of two fallback devices that are not even relevant for your setup and will never be used on your system somehow is miraculously fixing your FFB...well, who am I to argue with you. I've wasted enough time on this nonsense.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing