FFB Anti-Clip

Apps FFB Anti-Clip 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Damgam submitted a new resource:

FFBAntiClip - Automatically calibrates FFB Gain in real time to minimize clipping!

REQUIRES CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH 0.2.1!!!

Automatic FFB calibration tool! Adjusts FFB Gain in real time while you're driving to never exceed the force your wheel can output, so you will never lose the fine details again!

This app is changing the gain value smoothly, and besides the few first corners done in a car, seamlessly. Just drive the car for a minute or two around track of your choice and you're...

Read more about this resource...

I like the concept of this app! Though I have a simple question regarding the desired FFB-Level. In the AC-options I have set the FFB strength to 80%. Are 100% in your app the 80% set in the options?. Or are 100% in your app 100% of the value that a given wheel/base is able to generate?

I like the concept of this app! Though I have a simple question regarding the desired FFB-Level. In the AC-options I have set the FFB strength to 80%. Are 100% in your app the 80% set in the options?. Or are 100% in your app 100% of the value that a given wheel/base is able to generate?
It's 100% of whatever AC considers as 100%. A few apps have FFB value next to pedals, it's that value that we're talking about. If FFB peaks above what you've set the desired value to be, it will reduce the gain. If it ends up dropping too low you can use your usual gain setting keybinds to put it back up and let it calibrate again over the next few corners. Or just give it time. Gain goes up very slowly by itself while you're driving.

How is this different to the tried and tested FFBclip?
From my personal experience I hated how rapid and sharp the adjustments were with the old app. My app makes adjustments much smoother to the point you never really notice it beyond the first few corners feeling a bit heavy in a new car. I won't argue if my solution to the problem is better or not, i've set it up for my personal preference and just decided to share the app.

Last edited:
and btw does this work with the recommended 1.79 or only the new 0.2X
I have only tested it on 0.2.X versions. It might work on older ones. There's also an update coming soon that makes this app less sensitive to sudden and quick FFB spikes and more sensitive to consistent clipping, which results in overall higher force feedback gain in cars that tend to really quickly spike the FFB on bumps.

Damgam updated FFB Anti-Clip with a new update entry:

1.1 - Sensitivity changes.

Reworked the way FFB is adjusted. Toggle settings are gone, FFB drops have been made way less sensitive to sudden spikes of force and way more sensitive to consistent clipping. If your FFB gain drops too much and you don't get FFB forces above your desired for too long, gain will raise faster all the way until it goes above your desired for a single frame again.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this dynamic or static ffb tool?

I liked old ffbclip static option which sniffs peaks, not to try all time to get max ffb.
It's dynamic, but raising is super slow unlike in the dynamic option in the old clip app. It raises FFB by 0.1% if you did not clip for the past 30 seconds. You can also adjust the value you want with a slider so you can set the target lower (or higher) than 100%.

Last edited:
hint and shameless plug: this app shows FFB mult per car from car.ini :)
1704138310114.png

Last edited:
Hi Damgam, interesting app! Thanks for sharing :)

May I ask what wheelbase and wheel diameter you're using?

Just a few thoughts from me that aren't really about your app:

It's basically doing what I always recommend as soon as your wheel has enough power to not need the maximum gain thats tolerable.
My recommendation with wheels like a csw 2.5, csl DD, Moza R9 (and above), Simucube etc:
Set the sim gain as high as possible without clipping while cornering.
But stuff like sausage kerbs is fine if clipping, since you don't need to break your wrists when you hit them in a bad angle.
So I'm not a fan of using 20 Nm and then 15% gain. A physics glitch can hit 100% gain and hurt badly.

So your app ignoring short peaks and setting the gain as high as possible without constant clipping is a great idea!

The only issue I'm seeing: all cars will have the same ffb strength instead of some cars being lighter and others being heavier.
There's no real solution to it other than running all cars through your app and checking which car (that's not a bad mod with fantasy gain) has the highest ffb output and then applying your app algorithm to that car and setting the result as the overall gain in the menu.
Leaving all car specific ffb at 100% should then result in a "realistic" difference between all the cars while not clipping with any car.

If you have a wheel like the TS-PC, CSL Elite, CSL DD without boost kit, R5 etc., then your current algorithm is perfekt, since these wheels are strong enough to not having to use 100% gain, but not strong enough to have different strengths for all the cars.

@RasmusP
Wheel still feels lighter in some cars and heavier in others because of the difference in suspension and power steering and all that. For next version i'm going to add per-car override so if you feel like it sets some of your cars too low or too high you will be able to override the target for that specific car.

My wheel is T300RS with "default" rim. Nothing fancy, and I really needed some "help" with setting up the FFB right, so I made myself this app since i've been fresh into AC Lua scripting.

Wheel still feels lighter in some cars and heavier in others because of the difference in suspension and power steering and all that. For next version i'm going to add per-car override so if you feel like it sets some of your cars too low or too high you will be able to override the target for that specific car.
My wheel is T300RS with "default" rim. Nothing fancy, and I really needed some "help" with setting up the FFB right, so I made myself this app since i've been fresh into AC Lua scripting.
Yeah that's true, they all feel different even at identical "peak strength".
The override sounds nice!
With a T300, you have enough strength to not need 100% gain, so you can dial it in without too much clipping. But there's not really enough strength to have a small road car being half the resistance of an old F1 car without power steering or something like that.
So your app is exactly what I'd wish for when using a T300. Congrats to creating it! :)

Damgam updated FFB Anti-Clip with a new update entry:

1.2 - Yet another rework, but for real this time.

Reworked the way FFB adjustments works once again, this time, completely from scratch with very different method, giving way more stable results. Instead of reacting for spikes in place, it measures average forces while cornering, and if averages are higher than your target, gain is reduced, if averages are below your target, it's increased. Results in way less fluctuations and random gain drops. Default target got lowered from 100% to 90% due to the new method allowing some peak clipping...

Read the rest of this update entry...

FFBClip shows up in content manager\python apps but, yours does not. I do see it in the apps in game. I take it is therefore enabled and should I only use only of these apps or can Irun both together?

Thanks

FFBClip shows up in content manager\python apps but, yours does not. I do see it in the apps in game. I take it is therefore enabled and should I only use only of these apps or can Irun both together?

Thanks
Did you install it correctly? Because the App should be in the Lua Folder.
Installation: Drop FFBAntiClip folder into assettocorsa/apps/lua/ folder

Edit: Nevermind, i thought you don't see it ingame :whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play