FFB always contersteering? T300RS

hello.. i install the game a few days ago and the FFB seemas very diferent and strage for other games that i play.. my "problem" is.. the wheel (T300 RS) is always contersteering when the car starts to slide.. i saw same videos of people doing drift( when they put the car on a slide the wheel automaticle counter reacts in the oposite direction and the driver only have to catch the wheel) and i am asking if it is normal physics for the game.. if i want to drive a race (NOT DRIFT) is that supoused to happen? can i change it to normal?

thank´s in advance

normal? i dont think so.. if a car on a long right turn enter oversteer the whell will not move to the left.. it also happens to when i am in a straight and toucha a litle bit on the wheel,if i let go the car will star to bounce from left to right and the wheel wil conterreact making more unstable the car at the point that lose control and thw wheel movim from left to right all the way down.. not normal..

Yes most games have issues with centre oscilation, AC included. You might need to lower FFB just a little, and also lower the minimum force. T300 is around 9-11%. Also i am not totally sure what you are describing, but it sounds wrong. Is it only when you oversteer? or is the whole FFB inverted?

Oh and if you are using .lut file, you need to put minimum force to zero.

i will try to explnain.. its only when im in oversteer.. the best example is tha videos on YouTube of guys drifting in AC.. they remeve the hands of the wheel when they start to slide and the wheel countersteer automatic. well this seems good in drift but nota in a race.. if you please van watch a video of guys drifting wher you an ser the real wheel you gonna ser what i AM talking about.. My wheel reats the same way.. ando dont know if they do someting diferent on FFB or control panel of T300 just for drifting or if AC is just Like that..

This sounds like normal behaviour, if i understand what you are saying. In drift or in race it's the same thing. If you turn the wheels to one direction, they will want to come back to the centre.

yeh. but is not the center.. it pass the center.. in drifting videos the wheel rotate full to the other side of the corner..
As others have said, this is normal. When you oversteer, the front wheels "want" to position themselves so that they are pointed in the direction of travel. This pulls the wheel in the opposite direction to the spin. If you let go then, yes, the wheel will "counter-steer" on it's own. This is physics, and happens in the real world as well as any realistic simulator. Try watching some cockpit videos of real racing (and drifting) and you will see it happening all the time.

As others have said, this is normal. When you oversteer, the front wheels "want" to position themselves so that they are pointed in the direction of travel. This pulls the wheel in the opposite direction to the spin. If you let go then, yes, the wheel will "counter-steer" on it's own. This is physics, and happens in the real world as well as any realistic simulator. Try watching some cockpit videos of real racing (and drifting) and you will see it happening all the time.

+1, this happen in real life, few years ago I could tell it was ok with a FWD car (my first Mazda 3 on track). But lately with a RWD car too (the car of my dream a Nissan S13 :inlove:, I tried to slide it to see if it felt like a RWD in AC, ok not exsactly the same, but each car felt different IRL anyway right?). When oversteering, the car tried to go forward (counter steer) like Ross said.

But from AC I think I get a huge knowledge on how to drift a car: for exemple wieght-transfer, clutch, E brake, clutch kick, counter steer, hold it and came back in line. That's why I think the physics is quite good.

When people ask me how feel sim racing (people who have never try sim racing). I answer "From the game, I learn stuff IRL, and from IRL, I transfered it to the game".

As I said earlier, it's not 100/100. But it's like driving a car a bit different. It give a lot of basics IMO.

Why in the world would somebody think that physics affect racing and drifting differently?

Anyways, try my settings and if things still don't feel right to you then AC probably isn't the game for you.
FFB settings with GYRO enabled:
IMPORTANT: go to :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and open the Assetto Corsa INI using Notepad.
Go to the [FF_EXPERIMENTAL] section and set ENABLE_ GYRO=1 and set DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01 and save. Should look like this:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

IMPORTANT: go to :\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and open the ff_post_process INI using Notepad and make sure that it looks like this:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=doesn't_matter.lut
----------------------------
In the Thrustmaster control panel:
Overall Strength: 86%
Constant: 100%
Periodic: 100%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 100%
Auto-center: By the game
--------------------
In game:
Gain: 80%
Filter: 0%
Min force: 6%
Kerb: 0%
Road: 0%
Slip: 0%
Understeer: UNCHECKED

All cars will have caster, because the steering wheel countersteering by itself is a desirable feature to make the car usable while driving forwards. No matter if you're racing or drifting, the wheel returns to center so that the car's natural state is to continue going forward. Change the caster (eg. drive backwards) and the car is fundamentally not stable and a little steering input will throw it into a spin if you let the steering do its own thing, and having it go in a straight line, or sticking to a constant steering angle, will be a struggle.

Joao Bastos I see what you mean. These people don't understand without experiencing it. My wheel was working fine and felt good but after changing computer my wheel is over countersteering. The best I can describe it is that the car is trying to slingshot you in the other direction through a corner. My wheel also doesnt have any feel up until around 30MPH it just feels like it is off and it has very little feel in the centre of the rotation but a huge amount of ffb when turning

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back