Ferrari SF-70H Driving Style & Tips

Anyone have any tips on driving or setup for the SF-70H? Feels like I'm doing something wrong when I'm driving it, but nothing that's truly noticeable, likely me just being nitpicky on my own driving style. The car slides mid-corner sometimes but that's likely due to a lack of downforce (not enough downforce anyway). Anything anyone's got with driving this beast would be appreciated :)

Sliding mid corner is not normal and i would focus on your driving style rather than a setup issue. Do you happen to press the brake pedal mid turn, maybe because you enter the corner too fast? One thing is understeer or the rear snapping out and that means you either have an overall downforce problem or just the wrong balance between front and rear, another is a slide mid corner, which is usually caused by the driver inputs.

Sorry for the late reply guys. I've been having less and less time to drive recently. The video I uploaded is a replay, so apologies for that in advance if you can't get enough information from it. Further apologies for the low FPS. Bandicam has been screwing up with recording things in general. These are the details of the setup I used when I ran a lap around Silverstone GP. If a particular setting isn't mentioned, it means I haven't changed it:
Started with 100% on the battery.
Tyres: SS, 12psi
Fuel: 30L
Elec: MGU-K: Hotlap; 0% regen
MGU-H: Motor
Eng Brake: 8/13
Aero: F/Left, Right: 13deg
R Wing: 14deg
Suspension: Height LF/RF: 150
Height LR/RR: -100 (if I recall correctly)
Brake bias: 53.0%
All other setup options are default.

Last edited:
You always need a bit of deceleration force mid entry until you meet the apex. You tap the brake everywhere like if you don't know how to drive. It will fix the lap time. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
You kind of want to target something like that...

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply guys. I've been having less and less time to drive recently. The video I uploaded is a replay, so apologies for that in advance if you can't get enough information from it. Further apologies for the low FPS. Bandicam has been screwing up with recording things in general. These are the details of the setup I used when I ran a lap around Silverstone GP. If a particular setting isn't mentioned, it means I haven't changed it:
Started with 100% on the battery.
Tyres: SS, 12psi
Fuel: 30L
Elec: MGU-K: Hotlap; 0% regen
MGU-H: Motor
Eng Brake: 8/13
Aero: F/Left, Right: 13deg
R Wing: 14deg
Suspension: Height LF/RF: 150
Height LR/RR: -100 (if I recall correctly)
Brake bias: 53.0%
All other setup options are default.
The way you use the steering wheel is decent, definitely not the main problem now. The pedals are the main problem by far. You don't brake enough and you release fully the brake way too early. You can brake a lot later than that. You spend a lot of time midcorner without pedal input, which usually means you are not going fast enough.

little bit lower downforce than OP, and party mode on engine, Picked up seconds on this from bumping the downforce up to help clean it up.
Silverstone requires a high downforce setup, so lowering it is probably a mistake. The line in some of the corners is completely wrong, search for an f1 onboard video to get an idea of the line to take. You are definitely using too much throttle as the guy above said. You are also braking too much when turning inside the corner, in fact you slide a lot in corner entry. I'll see if i can post a lap either today or tomorrow to give a better idea. It won't be an hotlap, but simply a reference for you guys.

EDIT: Now that i think about, i have something to show the line

Moral of the whole thing, based on statistic... Don't advertise "slow in-fast out"(wrong), late apex(wrong), etc.

@vfrmaverick
It's not even related being too strong on the brake. It's related to too much steering input when starting to release the brake which lead to forceful turn in trail braking effect whatever... Let the car rotate with the brake(lateral foce need to be as neutral as possible) & after you turn in(it happen in millisecond).

It can also be related to too much rear bias brake ~ too much downforce at the front or even mechanical grip setup related. The run is lacking of lift off momentum(more time off throttle after braking), as too early on the throttle lead to understeer & wrong line exit. The more late you are on the throttle, the more you can floor it. Once you feel comfortable you can shorter the transition with smoother inputs.

I also recommend the brake gamma to 1 in the control option for easier control of the 25% to 0% when slowly releasing the brake mid corner until the apex. It also help to avoid sudden oversteer mid corner & better control for turn-in. Force the brake more, let the car rotate, turn after(basically you want less steering input & more brake pressure while turn in), lift off... Apex, slowly apply power. Use speed as reference to lose speed before the apex & gain speed after it.

If that input visualizer is even remotely accurate, then I have no idea how he manages to take Aintree, Copse and Club flat out.
Cough, i was able to do Copse flat-out with your setup thou it severly lacks front aero (and thus loosing a lot of speed), that 1:28.7 is probably with 15 or 16 front and rear downforce).
In F1 unlike GT, you don't guide the car around the corners as much, sometimes you have to wrestle it to submission.
Driving any high downforce car is about pushing it harder than it seems possible, remember the faster you go, the more grip you have. It's really that simple and I think it cannot be overstated enough.

Also i'd not read too much into MrDeap posts, he clearly hasn't driven modern F1 much. Also i have no idea what he's on with brake gamma... How does significantly reducing brake sensitivity in early part of pedal travel by using gamma 1 could equal more control over trailbraking part of the corner? If anything, troubles with lifting off brake pedal can be fixed by increasing gamma... thou i'd not recommend going past "2".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back