Ferrari 599 Windshield / Windscreen fix ?

I love driving the big throaty 599xx using cockpit view in 3D vision and the cockpit is stunning !

But I would really like to remove the large sticker that covers half the top of the windscreen / windshield.

Is there any way to make it fully transparent ? I have absolutely zero knowledge of modifying textures but I assume it would be easy for a skin modder.

Would anyone be willing to make a clear windshield I can just drop in or show me what exactly the steps are to achieve this ?

There must be others who love this car but find the view extremely restrictive because of the 599XX sticker !

Cheers blanes :)

Not to hijack the thread at all as I also feel the sticker is bloody annoying but I would love a way to alter the transparency of several of the car windows. In the 599xx I feel it makes things look very dull (I'm not sure if HDR makes things better but I don't use it for performance reasons).

Although I understand some may feel it makes things less realistic losing the visual vibrancy of the game in some cars is a shame.

And why? It's realistic.

Agreed it is realistic but I think some would prefer an option to remove it or lighten it somewhat.

Theres a limit to realism. I run a buttkicker which gives me a little bit of a kick (not as much in AC as I like though) but if I crash when damage modeling is finally in place and the car bursts into flame I don't want my chair to explode and incinerate me. My ex girlfriends might enjoy it though :)

Agreed it is realistic but I think some would prefer an option to remove it or lighten it somewhat.

Theres a limit to realism. I run a buttkicker which gives me a little bit of a kick (not as much in AC as I like though) but if I crash when damage modeling is finally in place and the car bursts into flame I don't want my chair to explode and incinerate me. My ex girlfriends might enjoy it though :)
Simracer always seen to forget something, thats not everyone care about the same "realism" in the same aspect.
And also no matter how sim is the game its still merely a game which mainly just for fun.
By the way in real life if i have this car i believe i can always take that thing off if i want to so why not in game ??

@ Simon . No one disputes it is realistic ... it is insanely realistic as the car models and textures are absolutely incredible imho. I have played both Project Cars and this since first early beta of both and at the moment I am enjoying AC alot more because the overall feel of the cars is better and the 3D vision works right out of the box ! Sadly it is currently broken in pCars until Martin finishes some other aspects of the graphics engine and he said it is not a priority at the moment.

But running AC with 3D Vision enabled on my 780 and 27inch monitor and fine tuning the cockpit mode, I try to achieve the maximum visibility out the windscreen of the car.

Although the 599xx sticker looks great and IS realistic, as said by others, the option to remove it would enable my viewing area of the track ahead to be entirely opened up and give me greater enjoyment for gameplay reasons.

I will have a look at the textures and see if it's possible. The problem is that there is a black opaque band that surrounds the windows and that is not visible on the texture. So removing the banner or making it more transparent will also affect that black band... Stay tuned...

Making some progress on the F599 windscreen. Managed to remove the banner relatively easy. Still in a rendering environment though. Hopefully it works ingame aswell.

Ferrari%20599%20XX%20Evo%20NoBanner%20WIP.jpg

Okay it works ingame too. :) However I can only do a full transparent version. Because of a mapping problem on the interior glass texture I can either remove the banner or let it be but I can't make it smaller. This mapping problem also causes the upper half of the interior windscreen to remainl slightly darker after removing the banner (see image). All and all it does improve the visibility a lot. Next I'll look into the Mclaren and when they're done I'll upload both...

Ferrari%20599%20XX%20Evo%20NoBanner%20Cockpit%20WIP.jpg

Ferrari 599XX Evo higher visibility

Last edited:
Ok exterior window texture mod for the Mclaren does not work in game. Luckily the interior does (see picture). Had to clean up the interior windshield a bit so there is less dirt on it. So I will leave the exterior textures for both cars as they are and just provide you the interior textures for better visibility. I'll upload them this afternoon with some instructions on how to use them... Let me know if there are more cars you guys need done in this way.

MP4-12C%20GT3%20NoBanner%20Cockpit%20WIP.jpg

McLaren MP4-12C GT3 higher visibility

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back