Favorite and least favorite cars in AMS2?

Favorite would have to be AMG GT3..Vintage Porsche and Corvette and BMW 2002..Really all of the cars that have come out sense I got the game in June of 2021 have been really fun..Of course you need to race the vintage cars on era appropriate tracks...GTE is really tight racing, and have enjoyed the CART cars, but open wheels are not really go to..Oh ya GT1 and P1, and P4 are tons of fun..The only grip I have is the back end of some cars is a bit too forgiving, of course this is a debatable point of if the game should be a little more forgiving for newer drivers where they will lose a second or two instead of wrecking, and really it seems like the native diff power is a bit too much and I personally think it would help if the power and coast were 15, 20 percent less natively powerful when on power especially, it does seem to cause over rotation and forces you to set the ramp angles higher than I would like, but it is fixable within set up. And also would like harder compounds for the GT3, some tracks with high temps really need to have harder compounds..I think the last update might have tightened up the rear I did not notice it the last few times I raced, it is sort of one of things you wont notice until it happens and even then I always keep in mind that it is a game I spent around 50 bucks on and have already got 200 hours in and has become my go to..

Favourites for me - 2019 Chevy Cruze Stock Car, P4 MCR S2000, DPi, 911 GTE, Ultima GTR Race, Merc 190E.

The P4 MCR S2000 is great on any sort of twisty or undulating track. The Chevy Cruze Stock car just works for me when I want to do something a bit "V8 Supercar(y)" just been trying it on the Daytona variant with the extra chicane really good race against the AI. GTEs are my preference for "GT Type" racing over the GT3s, DPi is fairly easy to drive for that sort of car and do multiclass with GTE. Ultima and the Merc for when I want something a bit different.

I'll drive other cars but with limited time it's a case of building up a variety of cars that I get on with out of the box. Most of the time I only tend to change fuel, brake pressure, brake balance and anti roll bars, I just want to have a decent race against the AI at 100% rather than optimising the ultimate setup.

Will steer clear of least favourites for now as it's probably more a case of not investing the time rather them necessarily being terrible.

The cars are a lot better to drive a lot of them. February patch 2 was literally the first month/patch for me in a long time I could accept the level of driving was quite ok in several vehicles; i think the carts still need some work. and fine tuning of the physics to come, and grip is very much there or not/back and forth,

fave car is the reiza f1 just at the moment. that will change probably. its too planted almost or something and the cars in this game tend to have that attribute; the blast of a drive in the f1 gen 3 car 2 and others like that. so its got some hope this title.

the f1 gen 3 car 2 looks good in white too. once you fiddle with the down force and sway bars (more/less) you will find your feet in the open wheelers but it is true several seem a lot from being finished.

one visual example of this is actually in the f1 gen 3 car 2 - the gloves clip the body of the car graphically.

So when it comes to sim racing I can only justify dedicating about 5% of my simming time to this title.

Last edited:
I bought AMS2 on sale to try the Vintage F1 cars. So far I'm not finding the love. I haven't had a lot of drive time and am still fooling with setups. I haven't given up hope yet. I'm still struggling with massive corner-entry understeer.

If you like open wheelers with some umph :) then I can recomment both the F-Reiza and the mentioned US-Carts.
At the moment Im checking the 2x Classic F1 Gen1 out on the historic Monza in TT mode (without any chicanes).
Both cars are pretty difficult to control - with snappy understeer to oversteer when the turbo cuts in.
The only reason I wished to try these difficult turbo cars out was because I recently did fall in love with the Lotus 98T in AC.
And was told by some in the AMS2 community that one of the mentioned Classics was a kind of replicate of 98T.
No way. :rolleyes:
Where the 98T is a handfull but reasonable in AC then these 2 cars in AMS2 are also a handfull but completely uncharming.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Its pretty easy to top the TT LBs in these cars - probably because nobody is able to control them.:roflmao:
Oh I forgot: If you wanna try these Classics out on Monza then my setups is free to "steal".;)

Last edited:
I must say tho the mcr is a good ride in ams2, and it is also a good ride in the rf2 reiza pack, the mcr is actually a great little car to throw around the right track. got o keep working on the game clearly but there is always hope I suppose.

I do drive the mcr and reiza radical RSX in rf2 a fair bit; its the game engine. yes I know they are now a little 'dulled' by modern rf2 standards compared to the ir18 or any of the gt3s or gte's but they are still ok and the base game did change a little.

AJR as well, so there is a good selection of solid driving reiza vehicles in rf2; I also mean the M18 [ajr]

Its one of the most lethality-imbued cars reiza have done

Last edited:
I bought AMS2 on sale to try the Vintage F1 cars. So far I'm not finding the love. I haven't had a lot of drive time and am still fooling with setups. I haven't given up hope yet. I'm still struggling with massive corner-entry understeer.
With a massive V8 in the back and no proper counter-weight at the front there is not much in the setup to fix the entry-understeer and the hole concept was not meant to be quick in corners. Reducing rear-aero for more front-aero-balance make them turn a bit better, but for a price and the best tip I have is watching onboards and do it the same:

Most of the cornering has to be prepared before the corner and the slowest point should always be the early entry-apex, so you can throttle-oversteer out without running out of track at the exit. These are no momentum cars, so better be slow at or before the entry to have the best position for an optimal exit.

My least favorite car is now the recently added Volkswagens. Too slow imo to have a race with.

DPi still stands firm in first spot on my personal ladder but the Formula USA cars are growing on me :)

My least favorite car is now the recently added Volkswagens. Too slow imo to have a race with.

DPi still stands firm in first spot on my personal ladder but the Formula USA cars are growing on me :)
I had two online-races twice during the (closed) beta in both series successively and enjoyed all. It's okay not to like the VW-series and it's miserable performance, but IMO for the pace it's quite fun and you don't want to bang around in close racing with the F USA. The first VW-race I started on pole with over 24 others and lost four position by braking to late and overdriving the car. The 2nd I won both Q&R afaik for being better prepared. Moving the brake-balance to the back was certainly one trick, but it's some kind of art to keep the perfect momentum in those cars without overdriving them. Sim-racers who don't end up on the podium regularly should first try to master those or similar slow cars first before trying to get better in GT3-cars is my opinion;)

I am thinking some people have not driven the RF2 Reiza M18 AJR in their pack in that title.

Its one of the most lethality-imbued cars reiza have done and they should put it in ams2 when they get that title right one day; and probably in all of sim racing. You would put it above any mod, put it that way. Solid-as.

Last edited:
So, I was going to say that I really like how the GT3's and almost all of the cars feel right now. In reality the way the game is feels right..Before the 1.3 update the cars felt right but about half way through the third lap the tire would suddenly lose a lot of grip. Well to be honest it might not really be a lot of grip but sim racing games are played on the edge so even a few percentages of grip can be huge. I am not sure about this but I believe PC2 had a mechanic where after 3 laps the tires have a drop in grip, for reasons..They cleared that up after 1.3, but then the cars felt wrong, once again it might have just been a situation where they need time to sort it out..Point is, this last update got the cars back to how they felt before 1.3 with out the sudden lose of grip. Well almost, I did notice that the GT1's did this same thing today but maybe it just takes time sort out all of the cars. My point to all of this is, Rieza should not mess with the core physics beyond this point..The game feels right and even if a class or two has some issues, that will always be the case with a game that has this many classes. I would really like to see them get serious about balancing everything out now. I get that this can be tricky but I really dont see why they cant simply look at the best times and make a good guess at how much cars like the AMG GT3 need a little boast while the 720 needs to be dialed back..If the records are seconds instead of 10ths apart it should be obvious that it needs to be adjusted. All that being said I really like how the game is moving forward and so long as they keep at it the game should keep improving.

With a massive V8 in the back and no proper counter-weight at the front there is not much in the setup to fix the entry-understeer
The camera is bouncing way too much in that video.
In all other racing sims the camera is much more smooth and damped.
Why cant Reiza solve this bouncing bug?
It has been into this sim from day one :confused:

The camera is bouncing way too much in that video.
In all other racing sims the camera is much more smooth and damped.
Why cant Reiza solve this bouncing bug?
It has been into this sim from day one :confused:
I have noticed that the default setups are always to stiff..If you soften the springs a click or two it will stop the car from bouncing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back