I get that you might think this is a tad crap, I do too but why would you want to revoke your membership because every article doesn't tickle your pickle? The weird thing is and I hate to use the term but you may very well be the snowflake here perhaps even a boomflake, oh simlord bless the unfortunate let them see the light, the boomflake apocalypse upon us give us force feedback give us direct drive give us load cell we will need it all in this battle!

Someone needs to make a Pro "Driver" GTA and everything like it have bad physics

ISI type physics, petrol oil fluids air refills, opening boots trunks ( for bodies)
New engine
4 ( crims) and 2 man teams ( cops ) plus other non driving roles to be filled like grease monkeys, spotters etc
Real time racing, proper drag strips, tracks , rallyx , demo derby

Sim like that would keep you online forever
20 try for driver spot in a new gang .......things like this

Use some imagination you could have a sim as big as GTA

Will be interesting to see what this is about and how the upgrade system works.

In previous NFS: SHIFT titles, the upgrade system was superficial and multiplier based and quickly stopped making sense in that e.g. upgraded tyres (at the time using a brush model, which was buggy below 30mph) were either ridiculously grippy or or ridiculously slippery.

I also remember that the turbo upgrades were quite crude, which the new throttle and turbo/compressor code in the MADNESS engine ought to alleviate to some extent.

I'm sort of hoping that this will hit the golden ratio between the NFS Underground 1&2 vibe, NFS: SHIFT festival-ish racing experience and AMS1/2-quality physics and attention to detail.

A tall order, but never say never.

Last edited:
Keep an open mind Boby Kim and Blot... May not be your cup of tea, but if not, then just skip the treads containing it, and let others enjoy... After all, it IS the holiday season... the time of love and good spirit, right?

Happy new year guys.
You are right. But im here to learn about simracing. But those days are over. I would like to read articles about dedicated simracing hardware, certain features from simulations highlighted, topics about setups...not in forums but as main articles.
Anyways, Racedepartment should change its name in Gamedepartment.
Im going to look for another source to fullfill my simracing needs.
HNY

No fun allowed in simracing lands. We only talk serious simulation stuff here. People caught having fun with lesser games will have their wheels and rigs confiscated so they can no longer tarnish the reputation of the simracing community.
And they'll be condemned to play only NFS Heat for the rest of their life...

Maybe this F&F game will be the NFS underground title many have been waiting for. SMS has all the assets to do it. And at last something interesting would come from this franchise... Ok, SMS and F&F in the same equation, let's wait the result...

The way I see it, I do play other than sim racing titles, but without a wheel, good physics and FFB they fall into more-boring-than-average-game category. I rather choose something else then, like shooters. Where as sims have a specific appeal that other games don't have, due to FFB wheels and intricate physics driving them.

But I don't mind occasional arcade stuff on this site. This specific game however, seems like totally average

Sorry to sound negative but I am finding little reason to check the front page of RD these days. The new design doesn't work for me (have waited before saying this and I really prefer the old one that made it easy to skim the headlines), and news like this is just a massive turn off. Maybe I'm just growing out of it.....

What the hell is this type of stuff doing on this site? I thought RD was about Racing/Driving simulation? Will have to give my premium membership some thought come renewal time. I pay to support this site Paul because i download a lot of stuff off it, I like to do my bit, Shame others don't but if it's resorting to this crap for a bit of news i'm out mate, Cheers.
It is driving simulation and not all racing is track based. If you don't like this you can always race your little brother to the bathroom where these types of comments really belong.

While it might be a question worth thinking whether games like these belong to this site there is nothing new that we get the occasional news about these games. For example here are some others:

Personally I am not against this practice as long as the news article has something important in it. Release dates, car and track lists, release plans, patch releases, dlc releases and release trailers are fine. I don't see preview images being that tho. Nor random youtuber videos where everything is "amaizing". If you want to be really anal about it the site name is racedepartment, not simdepartment.
It is
AGAIN not all racing is done on a track or promoted by a sanctioning body. Example Tokyo drift as well as every other F&F title was very much racing based. Tell me where it's not?

Considered you are the people sperging about a racing game i'd say you are the snowflakes

boomer

Actually I'm not "sperging" about a racing game at all. In fact I welcome news of all automotive related titles, but moreover I welcome that people can have vastly differing opinions, regardless I whether I agree with them or not.

To "sperg" somebody with the title "boomer" simply because you disagree with them and you think they're older than you demonstrates a lack of developed maturity, and an inability to accept or consider viewpoints that differ from your own. A trait oft demonstrated these days by younger adults, and a trait that was significant in the coining of the term "snowflake".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.