F1 2010 FAO Andrew Bortz

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Heh, wind up complete :fwd:

Actually, I feel crap at the moment with a bad cold, lacking the needed drive to do this. I'll try again later. I have to say though, you could easily push into the 1:17's because I've still been able to be ahead of you at turn 1 and 2, and once at turn 3 I think. All you need to do is improve your first right hand chicane a tad quicker.

On another thing, I'm trying to figure out how you get so quick past me at turn 3. I've started braking less harshly leading into turn 3 and even a tad later which seems to help keep momentum, but if I throttle too quickly once turned into turn 3 it often spins the car.

Blimey, just had a massive shock. One of the guys on our TT of monza called 'webmonkey' was trailing behind with 1:19.693. Meanwhile, the leader was on 1:18.067, and me in 3rd place. Just a few moments ago, out of nowhere, webmonkey posts a 1:17.661 and is 8th on the leaderboard. Just when I thought I had a chance of a podium finish.

Your about to have another massive shock when you see my new ghost go through turn 3 oh and web monkey may have jumped me but I jumped him too :p

Christ, how do you manage to pull these times out of the hat so quickly, almost on request ?:eek: It took him 150 laps to get his time. Anyway, help me out here, what's the secret of turn 3, where exactly are you braking, and are you throttling again even before completely straightened up heading to turn 4? Oh and what's your 7th gear? Mine is 234mph.

I got real lucky there even now I struggle to keep with it I havent come out of turn 3 ahead of my new ghost, nailed the next 2 corners aswell just gave me a massive amount of time. I brake just before the barrier with the red (sorry not green) pillar of paint on the end down 5 gears into 2nd try and hit the first curb as you do with turn 1 and the 2nd curb you have to keep the left wheel on the tarmac or you will spin out but since you can cut turn 1 where as I cant you may get away with more, as for the throttle its all about feeling the grip you can get away with alot more when you car is straight but im not on full throttle until im off that second curb although im thinking I may have been already on full throttle on it with my ghost and as said before got lucky.

Thanks for the tips. Actually, I realised the spin outs I sometimes get aren't from throttling, it's from turning the wheel too fast or too much to the right in the second part of the 'S' of turn 3 chicanes, I need to get the angles smoother. I haven't spotted the green pillar of paint, but I'm braking just as I go through the vodaphone bridge after the 200 metre marker. I must say, I'll try 2nd gear there as I've been going from 7th to 3rd. Maybe 2nd will really help!

Andrew, i know you have mentioned them before, but could you state your wheel settings, both in game and windows please?

Im pretty sure IIRC you run 100% on all the wheel settings, and full hit on the pedals no dead zones?

Im convinced im just not feeling the car properly. Cheers man.

All standard setting in windows didnt even know you could change them there.

Attachments

• Wheel Settings.PNG
    Wheel Settings.PNG
    169.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Forcefeedback Settings.PNG
    Forcefeedback Settings.PNG
    110 KB · Views: 260
Thanks for that Andrew, it was the windows ones I was most interested in as in-game settings are the same.

I just hope this gives me a bit more feeling of what the car is up to, otherwise im gonna ditch F1 2010 and start playing 'Driving Miss Daisy 2011"

Thanks for that Andrew, it was the windows ones I was most interested in as in-game settings are the same.

I just hope this gives me a bit more feeling of what the car is up to, otherwise im gonna ditch F1 2010 and start playing 'Driving Miss Daisy 2011"

Well either way Driving Miss Daisy 2005 was where I learnt to drive so 2011 should be even better

Just cracked another couple of #1's in time trial including Bahrain Wet (Mclaren), Suzuka Wet (Mclaren took me ages) and China Wet in a Force India.

@David Indeed I have sorry.

Something I have noticed from your video Paul is that you take corners way to tight, you really need to use the whole track and find the line of least resistance through a corner this will give you more speed on exits

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back