Fanatec SQ shifter Broken spring

Hi Guys,

It is a spring that is used to return the stick in the neutral position in sequential mode. The shifting works but the stick stays at 3rd or 4th gear position. I opened the shiter and removed the broken spring but cannot find the same nowhere in the web. I dont want to wait for RMA from fanatec just for this easy fix (shiping from Bulgaria would be very expensive). I sent them e-mail anyway with no answer till now.

Hi Metzger82,
The spring in question is a custom made unit for the fanatec shifter, you can not get aftermarket springs off the net, Ive tried:thumbsdown:.
I suggest you acquire a few spares from fanatec, they will more than likely post a spring to replace your broken spring, but I'd be asking for a couple of spares even if they cost a few euro, their worth having in a draw just in case.
Good luck with it ;)

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi Metzger82,
The spring in question is a custom made unit for the fanatec shifter, you can not get aftermarket springs off the net, Ive tried:thumbsdown:.
I suggest you acquire a few spares from fanatec, they will more than likely post a spring to replace your broken spring, but I'd be asking for a couple of spares even if they cost a few euro, their worth having in a draw just in case.
Good luck with it ;)

Cheers
Thanks Andrew. I was thinking about spares too. Fanatec replied me after 2 days with "make a video and open a new ticket" I will do it but why for such simple thing they need a video ..

Upvote 0
It's just their way of seeing some evidence of the issue in question I guess, doesn't need to be a long video. I'd just show the shifter not returning to centre and sticking in gear, and if you still have it the broken spring.
Definitely get spares if you can, I'm dreading mine breaking again as I don't have any spares, might have to get some sooner rather than later, can never be too sure.

Cheers

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Common issue, I had replaced mine last year, pdf above should help. And yes, order extra spare from Fanatec, shipping is expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew. I was thinking about spares too. Fanatec replied me after 2 days with "make a video and open a new ticket" I will do it but why for such simple thing they need a video ..
This infuriates me about Fanatec. It's their stock response, even for known weaknesses (like the shifter spring). I've had a lot of Fanatec failures in the past and every single time they ask for a video, even if it's patently obvious that a video won't demonstrate the issue.
How about you make your stuff more robust and save us both the hassle?

Upvote 0
This infuriates me about Fanatec. It's their stock response, even for known weaknesses (like the shifter spring). I've had a lot of Fanatec failures in the past and every single time they ask for a video, even if it's patently obvious that a video won't demonstrate the issue.
How about you make your stuff more robust and save us both the hassle?
The reason why we request a video is because it regularly speeds up the process of providing support. We do not insist on a video, we just request it as part of the procedure. If the person is unable to create a video or refuses to create a video, we will still continue with the support process.

Upvote 0
The reason why we request a video is because it regularly speeds up the process of providing support. We do not insist on a video, we just request it as part of the procedure. If the person is unable to create a video or refuses to create a video, we will still continue with the support process.
I've been refused help in the past because I couldn't provide a video, so maybe the policy has been relaxed since then. This was many years ago, before your time.

Upvote 0
I've been refused help in the past because I couldn't provide a video, so maybe the policy has been relaxed since then. This was many years ago, before your time.
I recall our conversation about this, and I asked the support manager directly about it; he assured me that this has never been the policy, so it may have been a miscommunication.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Not once in my support communications with Fanatec I was suggested that video is optional.
It was always, we need video demonstrating the problem from you to proceed with the request.

Some special way Fanatec handling things as I've never experienced that in the industry.

Upvote 0

Not once in my support communications with Fanatec I was suggested that video is optional.
It was always, we need video demonstrating the problem from you to proceed with the request.

Some special way Fanatec handling things as I've never experienced that in the industry.

Same here. Never phrased in a way it seemed optional. It was not "If possible send a video" it was "send a video". I didnt put up much fight though honestly.

Upvote 0
I recall our conversation about this, and I asked the support manager directly about it; he assured me that this has never been the policy, so it may have been a miscommunication.
Heya id also like to know an easier way to get this spring to newzealand. As aparently you dont ship there. My springs just gone and struggling to find a way to get that specific spring here. Ive heard fanatec are a struggle to get ahold of and now im feeling it myself.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back