DiRT Rally Fanatec handbrake doesn't work at start

I have added a Fanatec handbrake to my rig and it works fine on stage but it doesn't work at the start of the stage.
I get the instruction to use the handbrake but nothing happens when i pull the brake, so I can'ät start the stage, if i remap the handbrake to a button I can start the stage and if I then remap it back to the Fanatec Handbrake the handbrake works in game.

Anyone that have had something similar?

I had a problem that the handbrake needed recalibrated nearly every time I loaded dirt rally. Would normally only register half the travel of the handbrake.
I would have to open the Fanatec app and re calibrate the handbrake.

I don't have a handbrake so I'm only guessing. Perhaps the game is looking for a digital button press before it'll start the rally, rather than an axis? This would also explain why those that use their h-box as a stand-in handbrake don't have issues.

I don't have a handbrake so I'm only guessing. Perhaps the game is looking for a digital button press before it'll start the rally, rather than an axis? This would also explain why those that use their h-box as a stand-in handbrake don't have issues.

It should work with just the handbrake. Has worked for me even though i've once experienced something a bit similar. It might just be what @Evilsmurf pointed out; the handbrake calibration. I noticed the handbrake "calibration bar" didn't go up all the way when this happened. I didn't recalibrate it though. Guess i just rebooted the CSW wheelbase and restarted the game. After that it was OK and i forgot all about it until i saw this post. Note to self: Check handbrake calibration :)

The calibration bar didn't go all the way up for me either, I would either unplug it and plug it back in, or re calibrate it. Usually worked for me when this happened.

Ironically, since I moved my pc to another room for the family to enjoy, and set up my sim rig with my PS4 and Fanatec handbrake I have had no issue with dirt rally and the handbrake lol

I have also added a Fanatec handbrake (with usb adaptor) to my rig this Monday.....I had to install the 64 bit driver 4 times to work properly ....after this, it works as x-axis in the game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back