FM4 Fanatec CSR and CSR-E Firmware updates

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Had a go with this tonight... Works well enough. Makes you change gears as fast as the car's clutch will let you. In my A4 DTM I don't think one is quicker than the other. There is a slight shift in balance on corner entry that can be adjusted for using manual clutch with ACL but I reckon I'd probably stick to the car's auto clutch. Now in stock lower level cars the difference is dramatic. I've finally moved up a step in the Reasonably Priced Car rivals event that had been an unsurmountable wall before. Should be good for the Clios as well.

Well i installed the new firmware today at work and ive had a go tonight and now im a bit confused. Am i right in thinking this auto clutch thing lets you change gear, when you have the in game option set to manual with clutch, without actually pressing the clutch pedal yourself? Sounds a bit of a dumb question but when i tried it it is no different to how it was before when i changed gear without pressing the clutch pedal.
I did a test on a mile drag strip and i was much quicker when i was pressing the clutch pedal myself than when i was justing shifting with the auto clutch on. Am i been a bit thick and totally missing the point of this feature?
Over to you Mr Moreno.

Well i installed the new firmware today at work and ive had a go tonight and now im a bit confused. Am i right in thinking this auto clutch thing lets you change gear, when you have the in game option set to manual with clutch, without actually pressing the clutch pedal yourself? Sounds a bit of a dumb question but when i tried it it is no different to how it was before when i changed gear without pressing the clutch pedal.
I did a test on a mile drag strip and i was much quicker when i was pressing the clutch pedal myself than when i was justing shifting with the auto clutch on. Am i been a bit thick and totally missing the point of this feature?
Over to you Mr Moreno.
What button layout are you using? ACL only works if you've got button layout A so the clutch is mapped to button A. It definitely is doing something different on mine.

I'm not really following this thread but these cougars certainly get my attention ........ A cougar for me would be in her 60s though" :(
W,
There's still a few nice looking bit's of skirt in their 60's mate, all hope is not lost, lol.

Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon, Racquel Welch, Olivia Newton John, Helen Mirren, Cheryl Teagues, Jaclyn Smith (she was my favourite 'Angel' too, lol) to name but a few.

:D

What button layout are you using? ACL only works if you've got button layout A so the clutch is mapped to button A. It definitely is doing something different on mine.

Ok. I don't think I have got the button layout set right. I remember changing it, with help from you, so I could use the x and b buttons to look left and right. I'll check it out in the morning and report back.
Cheers

Ok. I don't think I have got the button layout set right. I remember changing it, with help from you, so I could use the x and b buttons to look left and right. I'll check it out in the morning and report back.
Cheers
Yeah, it's a bugger that to use ACL you have to lose left/right look. Oh well, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! ;)

All sorted. Cheers for that Tom. Not sure how much I'll use it though I kinda like having to press the clutch pedal myself, but I'm sure it'll come in useful for some scenarios.

All sorted. Cheers for that Tom. Not sure how much I'll use it though I kinda like having to press the clutch pedal myself, but I'm sure it'll come in useful for some scenarios.
Totally agree. For me this is going to be about trying to get as high up on LB's and racing stock cars like clios online. No more getting out dragged down straights by the controller crowd.

The fact remains there is nothing stopping you controller boys get the steering wheel

You may say you'd rather hold on to your money but if you spend the time on Forza the question is why not

And for me that's steering wheel brings the game to life

If I can save the money I'm sure every single one of you can as I am on rubbish money

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back