Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals V2

Fanatec posted the CSL Elite V2 pedals on their website, and they've fixed the main issues with the old set. The new pedals no longer use potentiometers, there are now contactless hall sensors on both the throttle and the clutch.

There are also changes to the mounting base, where Fanatec says there will be easier access to hard mounting. But the biggest change is the loadcell.

Fanatec has gone from putting the loadcell in the arm of the pedal and measuring flex, to a more traditional loadcell placement. Also gone is the PU foam bushing that was supposed to simulate initial slack on the pedal. This has been replaced with a spring. The elastomers are still replaceable, and Fanatec will be including them in the box, and the normal assortment of tools will be included.

Pricewise the pedal set will slot in between the CSW V3's and the CSL Pedals LC at a price of $299.95 (USD).

IMO a flawed but good pedal set, has now been made into a great pedal set. I'll be getting a set as soon as I can.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how well the reviewers rate it.
Fanatec has gone from putting the loadcell in the arm of the pedal and measuring flex, to a more traditional loadcell placement.
Hmm, I've heard this kind of thing said before about the Fanatec pedals, but it sounds totally batty to use a load cell that way. Are there any links that explain what they did? (And better still, why they did it?)

How can I buy the throttle pedal separately?

The original CSL Elite Pedals have a flawed design because of the usage of the potentiometer on the throttle and cluth.

It doesn't make sense to spend 300 euro for the same pedels since only my throttle has worn out.

Hopefully the hall sensors and the LC brake pedal will be available to buy as replacements for the earlier model Elite pedals. The pots are always giving trouble, and the load cell in the pedal arm takes a lot of getting used to as where you place your foot on the pedal face determines how responsive the braking is.

Hopefully the hall sensors and the LC brake pedal will be available to buy as replacements for the earlier model Elite pedals. The pots are always giving trouble, and the load cell in the pedal arm takes a lot of getting used to as where you place your foot on the pedal face determines how responsive the braking is.
Have a look at this...

I bought a set of these. They work, but you have to manually set the dead zones in the Fanatec software. If you use the automatic setting, weirdness will happen.

If I didn't start to notice a slight fall off when braking, I'd be perfectly happy with the old CSL Elite pedals.

Nice, ta! I missed that the first time around.
And... OMFG that's a shockingly terrible design, and it makes me question how they could possibly have released that product :O_o:
I guess it's simply a lot cheaper to put the load cell into the pedal arm without having to design and manufacture a "correct" base at the end of the push rod.
Glad that you, as a physician, agree with my critique on in haha

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Forum trophies