Fanatec CSL DD -Mclaren GT3 V2 Fail

For me it has gotten to the point I opened a support ticket.

The shaft keeps slipping out, even with everything lined up correctly and it torqued down to the point I can barely loosen it by hand when I have to go through the process again.

It used to be weeks before I had to do this. But it has now gotten to the point it happens pretty consistently within an hour of use.

Maybe I just have a unit where the tolerances of the individual parts add up to be just too loose. As I had this problem first occur the first day of use after receiving the CSL DD.

Last edited:
The wheel disconnected on me a few times already, pretty annoying while playing. Readjusting and tightening the clamp always did the trick but i don't see it as a solution to tighten it down every now and then...so i found this on ebay:
Should arrive any day now. Does anyone know how much torque this needs? 5/10/15nm? I oredered the alu version because of the weight.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much torque this needs? 5/10/15nm? I oredered the alu version because of the weight.

Looks like a nice solution, pretty pricy though. Especially if it's only made in the UK like some sim stuff I've looked into. Shipping to the EU nowadays is costly business. Often like doubles the price.

Normal clamp I believe is 15Nm, but I don't have a torque wrench so every time mine slipped out, I've tightened it more, seems good atm. But due to moving and having no good room for my rig, I haven't used it in a while.

But curious to hear how it works out for you.

Last edited:
It says at the bottom of the description 5Nm, I have got one but have not got round to installing it as yet.

From the description.

You will need: A 5mm allen key (similar to the one required for the one piece clamp). Torque setting around 5nm max (hand tight). Do not overtighten as you could damage the plastic collar in the wheelbase.

It says at the bottom of the description 5Nm, I have got one but have not got round to installing it as yet.

From the description.

You will need: A 5mm allen key (similar to the one required for the one piece clamp). Torque setting around 5nm max (hand tight). Do not overtighten as you could damage the plastic collar in the wheelbase.
Thats true.
The seller states the following:
"You will need: A 5mm allen key (similar to the one required for the one piece clamp). Torque setting around 5nm max (hand tight). Do not overtighten as you could damage the plastic collar in the wheelbase."

According to Fanatec the stock clamp should be tightened to 10nm:
https://admin.forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25936/gt-dd-pro-shaft-disconnect-permanent-fix-found

That's why i was asking... :) in the end i just tightened the sides both side by side to get an even clamping. I guess it's a bit over 5nm. If it won't suffice i tighten it more.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice solution, pretty pricy though. Especially if it's only made in the UK like some sim stuff I've looked into. Shipping to the EU nowadays is costly business. Often like doubles the price.

Normal clamp I believe is 15Nm, but I don't have a torque wrench so every time mine slipped out, I've tightened it more, seems good atm. But due to moving and having no good room for my rig, I haven't used it in a while.

But curious to hear how it works out for you.
It is way too pricy... but for now it seems to work quite well. No disconnects after multiple days of pushing the wheel pretty hard.

Attachments

• PXL_20230320_074622541_2.jpg
    PXL_20230320_074622541_2.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230317_122224479.jpg
    PXL_20230317_122224479.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 54
Thats true.
The seller states the following:
"You will need: A 5mm allen key (similar to the one required for the one piece clamp). Torque setting around 5nm max (hand tight). Do not overtighten as you could damage the plastic collar in the wheelbase."

According to Fanatec the stock clamp should be tightened to 10nm:
https://admin.forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25936/gt-dd-pro-shaft-disconnect-permanent-fix-found

That's why i was asking... :) in the end i just tightened the sides both side by side to get an even clamping. I guess it's a bit over 5nm. If it won't suffice i tighten it more.
My original clamp is now at 15Nm as at 10Nm it still came loose, but since I put it at 15Nm I have not had a problem for over 6 months, that's why I am reluctant to try the replacement collar I bought.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

From the description.

5Nm is not enough, I wouldn't go below 8Nm.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back