PC1 Fanatec announce wheel support for Project Cars on PS4 & Xbox One

Project Cars Fanatec.jpg

Fanatec and Slightly Mad Studios have recently announced that selected existing Fanatec wheels will be compatible with Project Cars on PlayStation 4 & XBOX ONE.

It's good news for Fanatec users who can now look forward to playing Project Cars on next gen consoles. It appears only CSW v1 & v2 users can use their wheels on the XBOX ONE whilst PlayStation 4 supports quite a few more. Full compatibility list below.

PlayStation 4:

Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 911 GT2
Porsche 911 GT3 v2
CSR
CSR Elite
ClubSport Wheel Base
ClubSport Wheel Base v2

XBOX ONE:

ClubSport Wheel Base
ClubSport Wheel Base v2

Although likely; there has been no indication whether users will have to perform a firmware update to enable this functionality nor do we know if this will mean compatibility extends to other next gen racing titles already released, let's hope so!

Great to see support for legacy hardware on the new consoles. So much bs around older peripherals not being compatible.

I wonder if PCars is going to do a similar deal with Thrustmaster? Or if Thrustmaster even wants that...they've already got a next-gen lineup of product and would prefer more sales.

Speaking of, I just wanted to remind the TX lovers that it had a horrendous launch. All the delays did not lead to a better product as numerous issues and customer reported failures went on for months...I was tracking all the threads and reviews each week. In the end it deterred me from buying it with an XB1 and Forza 5, making it the first time I did not buy Forza at launch. Now I think I may be better off as the best of the Forza franchise seems to be in the past.

Anyways, its good to hear the problems are fixed for the TX, and that Thrustmaster had to drop the price by $100 to gain back consumer interest.

Have to say I pretty much agree re: Forza 5 except that, on the console, it's the best racer physics-wise I have ever felt. Maybe it's the TX, but Forza really has to be credited with making a very compelling drive. pCARS will be doing well to match it. I know that will make some think I'm crazy, but I was the biggest Forza hater on the planet. Where it simply cannot hold water is the racing element. It's not there. Never was. And probably never will be. But as a pure drive, it's bliss.

Sorry Robert I went off topic, but I think the TM TX 458 is a good wheel, but what race games.?I have a couple mates that say FM5 is a bore ass, and lousy FFB...True?

I played around 300 hours FM5 before i got my Gaming-PC in January and now have like 350 hours of R3E and AC counted in Steam. Compare to AC und R3E the FFB with TX is really laggy, to soft and not enough road and grip feel in FM5, but FM 5 is much more difficult to drive without crashing.

I still have a grain of salt of pride Robert. Hire someone else for Pace Car. heheheheheI just joshing you mate. I have NEVER liked Shift 2...always floaty, w/the Elite, or maybe I did not have it set up. Got rid of it to the first person to give me $5. I REALY HATE SHIFT2..lol
That's a nice wheel Robert.. I might be swayed to the thrustmaster now. How much did that set you back. Can you buy that rim with the base, or do you have to start with the Ferrari rim?
@Roger Snead, I'm familiar with Omracer65. We race together quite a bit on Grid, in fact he's my #1 Level up buddy on Grid and loves to run any track and any car. I have been trying to get him to run Grid with us, but he just prefers to follow the thread for entertainment.
Hi Michael, Bob (omracer) has great respect for you, as he has told me, and learns from you. He needs all the frickn help he can get,darn ol guy like me...just joshing. He is a great friend. Told me POINT Blank.."I'm going on to race with the big boys, dont have time for you tonight.!

Before I had both shoulders replaced, I smeared him in every game on the 360. I am 768 in the world in F Class, (FM4) to really piss him off! (OVAL @ INDY)) It's a joke with the electric Volt, but I remind him in good fun.

I have watched your video, and you are bad ass in GAS....PROPS!

Thanks for the Kind words Roger, but I was only a decent racer when I first started in the GRIDARC league. I had to elevate my game to match the talent level, and I've only gotten better, racing with the Classy Guys of GRIDARC.
We race Shift2 just because I'll race anything with 4 wheels, and I kind of feel the same way as you in some aspect. The game has been nothing, but cruel to me. I have good speed, but I'm constantly dealt a bad hand like a terrible hand in poker :mad:. Just like any game though, it has its bugs and quirks :O_o:
I hope to see you on the Grid when your shoulders heals proper. Nothing like having another wheel man on the track!

Have to say I pretty much agree re: Forza 5 except that, on the console, it's the best racer physics-wise I have ever felt.

I thought Forza always had an edge when it came to physics. Not only could it muster 60 fps in hot lap mode, the physics were running at 360 fps with crazy real-time telemetry. Whenever I got a new car I'd turn on the tire-load screen and watch grip levels and spikes, amazing visuals to help show the driver what the heck is happening besides tire squeals and spin outs.

I upgraded from the M$ wheel to a Fanatec 911 and Forza 3 & 4 were spectacular with it. I'm not surprised that Forza upped the physics again on a next-gen console; Turn 10 always delivers a great balance with simcade handling that is just plain fun, and not a chore like it's biggest rival.

I'm not expecting PCars to launch with force feedback and handling at GT6/Forza5/AC levels, but I am expecting leaps to be made during the year after its release. I bought in early access to AC and I'm amazed with its current build compared to where it started.

This partnership between PCars and Fanatec suggests that they are taking a similar step to ensure quality wheel support exists on consoles, and legacy support is a huge bonus.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back