FM7 F7 on PC

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Ok so I tried it . I am able to assign the steering (Direct Drive wheel) as well as my aftermarket pedals and shifter and also the buttons on my wheel which is as advertised . Pedals,shifter and buttons on wheel work perfectly and steering . The only down fall i am not getting any FFB effects at all thru the Direct Drive motor I have tried different profiles that I have on MMOS and even made a new profile for F7 still no FFB effects coming thru. . I can drive the vehicles with no feeling what so ever . Not sure if its a game setting or just not set up with in the demo . I also switched from custom control input and tried different preset wheel options with in the input option (CSW V2 , V2.5 and some T.M ) no luck . I'm running demo on PC. Sounds good and looks amazing . Finally also noticed no triple screen support or stretch image across triple setup, I know its a demo just hoping these issues will be available on consumer release

Ok so I tried it . I am able to assign the steering (Direct Drive wheel) as well as my aftermarket pedals and shifter and also the buttons on my wheel which is as advertised . Pedals,shifter and buttons on wheel work perfectly and steering . The only down fall i am not getting any FFB effects at all thru the Direct Drive motor I have tried different profiles that I have on MMOS and even made a new profile for F7 still no FFB effects coming thru. . I can drive the vehicles with no feeling what so ever . Not sure if its a game setting or just not set up with in the demo . I also switched from custom control input and tried different preset wheel options with in the input option (CSW V2 , V2.5 and some T.M ) no luck . I'm running demo on PC. Sounds good and looks amazing . Finally also noticed no triple screen support or stretch image across triple setup, I know its a demo just hoping these issues will be available on consumer release

For FFB to work on your wheel, you either need Fall Creators Update (rolls out October 17th) or the latest insider build of Windows.

FFB is working on my TX. As for triple screens, yes, there isn't separate screen rendering but I'm able to use a surround resolution (5870x1080 in my case). Looks spectacular and actually runs pretty good.
As for the car handling, hate the Porsche - if the back end decides it's time to come around there's not much that can be done. The GT-R isn't "too" bad, the truck is kind of fun. "Maybe" the demo is not a good indicator of the car physics but hard to believe they would release a demo that doesn't represent the final product.

I was hoping when they listed 'support for multiple monitors' in their PC specs that would mean true triple screen support, but of course it doesn't. While I can play it with stretched side screens it looks like crap to me. It is a crying shame that a game that has 700 cars with beautifully detailed interiors doesn't support true triple screen on PC. Turn 10 certainly has the budget and manpower and know how (was in Forza 1-4 and a FM6 E3 show rig) so there is no reason for it not to be so I will pass.

Granted separate monitor rendering is the way to go but with the level of graphic fidelity FM7 is producing I would think 3 rendering channels would take quite a powerful computer. AC, AMS, rF2, etc. render each monitor but they're graphically a long way from FM7 level of graphics. FM7 is graphically stunning!

On my way home to try it out on my CSW V1. Fingers crossed it's ok as been looking forward to giving it a go all day...
Hope you have a better experience with your wheel. For me, and many others that I'm hearing, I'm having issues getting decent FFB and control with a wheel - too bad as FM7 looks fantastic and runs pretty well even on my ultra-wide (3440x1440) and triple setup (5870x1080). Looks much better than even on my XBOX One S at 4K/HDR (65"). You will see what I mean especially when driving the Porsche - VERY hard to catch slides. I'm hoping I'm missing something with the tweaking of my TX. As for gamepad use, the handling is very good (better on PC with 360 gamepad vs console and X1 gamepad for me) - but again this is a driving game hence the interest in wheel use!

Hope you have a better experience with your wheel. For me, and many others that I'm hearing, I'm having issues getting decent FFB and control with a wheel - too bad as FM7 looks fantastic and runs pretty well even on my ultra-wide (3440x1440) and triple setup (5870x1080). Looks much better than even on my XBOX One S at 4K/HDR (65"). You will see what I mean especially when driving the Porsche - VERY hard to catch slides. I'm hoping I'm missing something with the tweaking of my TX. As for gamepad use, the handling is very good (better on PC with 360 gamepad vs console and X1 gamepad for me) - but again this is a driving game hence the interest in wheel use!
So yeah... same issue here unfortunately. At least with the Porsche. Once the back end starts to go, which you can't really feel anyway, you're done. No way to bring it back.
FFB is ok in places but totally numb in others. Feeling a weird rubbing which I'm guessing is simulating tyre scrub and loss of front end grip into corners?
Trucks were much better though and felt a bit more like driving something resembling a truck. Have to say that as never driven something that large or powerful IRL.
Now this is the annoying thing, for some reason the GTR race doesn't load for me. Just crashes at the loading screen or once you're entering the track.
Has happened 5 times so I've not got to try it. Is this a known issue or am I on my own with this bug?
Apart from this I'm actually pretty impressed. Presentation, sound and graphics are top notch. Really looks stunning and I'm glad they're bringing it to PC.
Even on my I7 3770K and 1070 I could max it out and still boot the trucks around Mugello with only the odd stutter during the lap with a bunch of stutters at the end on the straight.
Sounds are much better than previous titles and some current PC sims too.
Really hope they can sort some of the FFB and handling issues plus get rid of the weird track side explosions at the end of the lap like it's some arcade racer. I know it is one but couldn't they reduce some of this in a setting?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back