rF2 F3 @ Silverstone GP Circuit - Monday 4th March 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Make sure it is the Silverstone Reupload version from the Steam-link in OP. Not the discontinued, hidden S397 version ;)
While the Silverstone Reupload is the same track, you need to subscribe to the Reupload version.
Well, I followed that link, and subscribed... This discontinued, "hidden" version (I probably have it) do I need to find it, and delete/unsubscribe from it?
I have just realised that I've had problems joining various servers the last few months, and it's always silverstone that's the problem.
You think it's this 397 version?

Well, I followed that link, and subscribed... This discontinued, "hidden" version (I probably have it) do I need to find it, and delete/unsubscribe from it?
I have just realised that I've had problems joining various servers the last few months, and it's always silverstone that's the problem.
You think it's this 397 version?

It might be that they are causing issues yes. I don't know though, as rF2 is a bit like an hormonal teenager at times.
An option can be to check the ModMgr in steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64
If you get the rfmods to show up there (it can also be a bit tricky at times). It should give you a proper written message for what's wrong. Like this:
1709576159931.png

Good question. Let me try to join the server in 15 minutes. I need to head to the store to get a missing thing for my dinner first :p
Thanks for trying to help Ole.
I have gone into the Rf2 workshop (on my phone) and unsubscribed to 3 or 4 different Silverstones.
I'll get back onto the game later and see if I can join.
Doesn't leave me much time to practice, but I already know silverstone pretty well...

And I've never used mod manager before - is it easy to use?
It's basically the in-game manual install/uninstall thing. Just with an old old old UI
1709577172849.png

The only positive with that compared to the in-game one, is that you tend to get a better status-overview. In theory the in-game one should give you the same. But theory and practice...

Thanks for trying to help Ole.
I have gone into the Rf2 workshop (on my phone) and unsubscribed to 3 or 4 different Silverstones.
I'll get back onto the game later and see if I can join.
Doesn't leave me much time to practice, but I already know silverstone pretty well...

I noticed something, which is why I did that "joining the server" post.
So, I noticed that I am indeed NOT subscribed to the Reupload version. Then I remembered that we raced this track in January during a Friday event. So I checked if I were able to join this server as well. And I was.

So it looks like the Reupload one, and the S397 is 110% the same, even when it comes to checking files for joining a server.
Maybe unsubbing to the Reupload version will fix it? I still have the S397 Silverstone installed. I can't find it on Steam. Even when manually entering the SteamID number. So It's "stuck" with me. But it still works on the server.
It might be that subbing to the Reupload and having the S397 cause issues. Idk. Worth a shot.

I have also edited my post where I wrote about subbing to the Reupload, as I dont want to share wrong information.

I noticed something, which is why I did that "joining the server" post.
So, I noticed that I am indeed NOT subscribed to the Reupload version. Then I remembered that we raced this track in January during a Friday event. So I checked if I were able to join this server as well. And I was.

So it looks like the Reupload one, and the S397 is 110% the same, even when it comes to checking files for joining a server.
Maybe unsubbing to the Reupload version will fix it? I still have the S397 Silverstone installed. I can't find it on Steam. Even when manually entering the SteamID number. So It's "stuck" with me. But it still works on the server.
It might be that subbing to the Reupload and having the S397 cause issues. Idk. Worth a shot.

I have also edited my post where I wrote about subbing to the Reupload, as I dont want to share wrong information.
So you can't post a link to the version being used - because it doesn't exist any more?
I think I tried joining the server with the reupload version unsubbed (I could be mistaken) and it didn't work.
But I'll have another go.... Thanks!

When you're in game, what version of Silverstone does it say you have installed in the track list? It needs to be 2.16

So you can't post a link to the version being used - because it doesn't exist any more?
I think I tried joining the server with the reupload version unsubbed (I could be mistaken) and it didn't work.
But I'll have another go.... Thanks!

Thing is. I think it is the reupload-version that is being used on the server.
As we want everyone to be able to take part.

Did you ever subscribe to the S397 version? Because if you did, and didn't manually remove it, that one should still be installed.

Yeah sorry, I tried to connect but couldn't. I looked in the content manager, it said I had the reupload silverstone 2.16 installed. I don't know what else I could do.
I remember I had a problem connecting to a SRGP race at Silverstone about a year ago. I moved a Silverstone folder from the game to my desktop, and I was able to connect. I still have that folder, when I looked in it, it was versions 2.13 and 2.16, and another too.
Its all a bit too technical for me I'm afraid...
Hopefully I can join the next race!

Yeah sorry, I tried to connect but couldn't. I looked in the content manager, it said I had the reupload silverstone 2.16 installed. I don't know what else I could do.
I remember I had a problem connecting to a SRGP race at Silverstone about a year ago. I moved a Silverstone folder from the game to my desktop, and I was able to connect. I still have that folder, when I looked in it, it was versions 2.13 and 2.16, and another too.
Its all a bit too technical for me I'm afraid...
Hopefully I can join the next race!
No worries, it's a shame but something that is good to know for when we next do a race at Silverstone that we have issues that need resolving like this.
Next race is in this thread.

No worries, it's a shame but something that is good to know for when we next do a race at Silverstone that we have issues that need resolving like this.
Next race is in this thread.
Thanks Jim.
I'm signed up for a gpvwc race next Monday, but I'll be up to race the following Monday!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.